What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was better ?

Fritz was good in short bursts and had a great mullet, but never reached the heights predicted.

Weyman.

Alan McIndoe v Ricky Walford.

Walford for his "toe-poke" goal kicking stylings.

Does lose points for some shocking defence in the second Broncos GF.

Ricky was good to watch. One of my favorites growing up.

netic

Juniors
Walford for sure, McIndoe was good but Ricky was better

Garry Jack or Gary Belcher

Slackboy72

Coach
I'd give it to Belcher but only because all I can really remember of garry Jack was him getting his face smashed in by Ian Roberts.

Coaches with one premiership:
Ricky Stuart v Michael Hagan v Steve Folkes v Johnny Lang v Des Hasler

Big Pete

Referee
Why did I have Folkes down for two? All nighters kill brain cells and somehow seem to make you forget your own clubs premiership victories. Folkes for mine, just over Hasler who deserves way more credit than he gets.

Trent Barrett or Craig Gower

Last edited:

to_ddeath

Coach
Out of those Hasler, took Manly from the dolldrums into a force and a consistent presence in the top 8 despite serious injury tolls. Lang is his closest competition but I always thought he lacked that serious edge to be in Hasler's league.

Trent Barrett or Craig Gower

Agree re Hasler.

Gower >> Barrett. Actually won a comp didn't he??

Coaches with No premierships - Bellamy or Smith???

T.

Red Bear

Referee
Barrett stood up more at rep level and was always a pretty damn good player.

As for one-premiership coaches, they're all a similar level, Hasler just ahead maybe, and then Hagen is a clear last

Craig Fitzgibbon vs Nathan Hindmarsh

Big Pete

Referee
Bellamy or Smith???
Objectively Smith, Bellamy only has two seasons that can be considered.

Then again, Bellamy seems to be Bennett mk 2 and I believe he'll be back big time in 2011.

Craig Fitzgibbon vs Nathan Hindmarsh
Hindmarsh was actually a great player at one point, Fitzy never got past being a good player for mine.

Paul Gallen vs. Luke Lewis

campbo

Juniors
Objectively Smith, Bellamy only has two seasons that can be considered.

Then again, Bellamy seems to be Bennett mk 2 and I believe he'll be back big time in 2011.

Hindmarsh was actually a great player at one point, Fitzy never got past being a good player for mine.

Paul Gallen vs. Luke Lewis

Close between Gallen and Lewis IMO. Gallen by a nostril hair but I think Lewis may overtake him in 2011.

Creagh v Hoffman

kbw

Bench
Hindmarsh a bit better than Fitzgibbon although Fitzgibbon was a trmendous player (I think its more showing how good and valuable Hindmarsh has been)

Barrett he never reached his club potential and was so dumb it wasn't funny.
But Gower was useless, he was a decent hooker, but a crap half. Most people are/were better than Gower except Sandow who is the worst half I have seen play

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Close between Gallen and Lewis IMO. Gallen by a nostril hair but I think Lewis may overtake him in 2011.

Creagh v Hoffman

creagh.. just watch some of his individual tries...

fili seru vs wise kateverata

kbw

Bench
Gallen and Lewis are just 2 different sorts of players. I will pick Lewis though as he is incredibly versitile.

Creagh vs Hoffman.
Hoffman at his peak easily. A much harder worker without the hype

Slackboy72

Coach
Creagh v Hoffman, pretty even but I'll go with Creagh because I'm biased. That said I think both players have copped way too much stick for their performances in Origin. A decent performance at hooker from anyone for NSW and they'd both look a lot better.

Okay, biggest c***: Bill Harrigan or Steve Clark?

Last edited:

to_ddeath

Coach
Clark or Harrigan? It's like choosing between the devil & his bastard offspring.........

T.

Last edited:

ByRd

First Grade
Clark easily lol i dont need to explain....

I know they dont really play the same position but both were the chief play makers for their sides so:

A. Johns or Lockyer

skeepe

Immortal
Clark easily lol i dont need to explain....

I know they dont really play the same position but both were the chief play makers for their sides so:

A. Johns or Lockyer

Lockyer, simply because he led his team to more premierships than Johns. Hard to compare because they played in different positions though.

Colin Van Der Voort or Robert Simpkins?