What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was better ?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Lockyer, simply because he led his team to more premierships than Johns. Hard to compare because they played in different positions though.

Colin Van Der Voort or Robert Simpkins?

van der voort - anyone with 3 words in their surname is the best..

noa nadruku or ken nagas?

kbw

Bench
Both inconsistent, but I will pick Vatuvai, a little less inconsistent and didn't go missing as often in the big games.

Jason Smith or Darren Smith ( I know not the same positions)

Ram Man

Juniors
Jason Smith, more creative, and any bloke that can smash a deck of bungas before running on to play NRL should be immortalised
Gillmeister vs. Dallas Johnson

Canard

Immortal
For total career achievement you have to go with the Axe, but DJ could surpass him before he retires.

(Id pick DJ over him any day, but thats my bias).

Adrian Brunker v Brad Godden

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I honestly find your agenda against Webcke to be hilarious, especially when you like a player like Hannant. Cherry picking at it's finest.

Says he who also prefers Price and Civo over Webcke. Hannant's awesome in the contact on defence and carting up. Injury free for the next 7 seasons and he could become the next G Lazarus.

Ram Man

Juniors
Says he who also prefers Price and Civo over Webcke. Hannant's awesome in the contact on defence and carting up. Injury free for the next 7 seasons and he could become the next G Lazarus.

Wow, thats quite a statement. IMO the Polar Bear will never be anywhere near as good as Civo or Price let alone Lazarus.

Big Pete

Referee
Preferring Price and Civo over Webcke is completely seperate to preferring Steve Roach and Ben Hannant over Webcke.

Hannant runs exactly like Webcke, except Shane was always good for an offload. In defence Hannant's technique at this stage can be found out at times.

I'll let you have your reply and leave it at that - this thread is too entertaining to let our squabble get in the way of some off-season fun. I will say that I'm not intending to insult Hannant, rating him on par with Webcke or on the verge of him is quite a compliment for a player of his age. If he goes on with it, I'd have no problems calling him superior.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
For total career achievement you have to go with the Axe, but DJ could surpass him before he retires.

(Id pick DJ over him any day, but thats my bias).

Adrian Brunker v Brad Godden

adrian brunker - solid player for qld during the "dark years"

shane wherat vs marin offiah

Brutus

Referee
adrian brunker - solid player for qld during the "dark years"

shane wherat vs marin offiah

Offiah could actually play when he wasn't running across field. Wherat was crud.

Andrew Tessmann or Brad Tessmann

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
andrew tessmann - played more games...

jason ryles or craig smith

Red Bear

Referee
Different props IMO, O'Meley at his best was more damaging and probably shades Cusack, but cusack was always a really solid consistant forward.

Brasher vs Minichello