What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who will be number 7

Who should be number 7 if timmy comes back

• Total voters
there is talk that timmy could be back before the finals, would you bring him back in our make him earn it in prems. My only concern is that the team is finding form and may he dirupt it by coming back in...

look at the saints with barret coming back in....I think he has to be in there, tim is the x factor and we could really use him there.

But having said trhat jeremy i think is doing a great job..

your thoughts

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Timmy without a doubt, it's silly to even ask that qestion, Tim has great talent, who was just begining to find form which funnier enough was about the time our forwards decided to go well and learnt to tackle or J Smith who has been playing awefull in a good side, but made to look alot better then what he is because of our wins.

J Smith=premier league!

Utey

Coach
Tim without a doubt, but if we got there Jez would be the unheralded hero no doubt.

i guess i'm just concerned that we are building momentum and by bringing him back in may upset it....

but he is class though, i'm sure JT will make the right choice..

southpark-cartman-timmy.jpg

Left Mark Riddell Right Tim Smith

dazeely

First Grade
Depends on when Timmy will return. If it is before the finals series then definately Tim. If we made the finals I wouldn't be bringing him back in a game or so before GF etc.... The momentum could be disrupted to much and would be too risky re his injury.

ParraManiac

Juniors
Timmy no question, we need his passing and kicking game in the big ones at the end of the year. Although in fairness Jeremys' short kicking game was quite good against Manly, but just doesnt have the length.

I would however be tempted to do this......

6.Jeremy Smith
7.Tim Smith

ParraManiac

Juniors
Yeah I just remember seeing Jeremy carve up in PL as a 5/8. I cant help but wonder if we gave him a shot in his favoured position what could happen. He had a really good running game in that spot. If you can watch his game in the Pl grand final last year and tell me what you think?

Perrymatta

Juniors
The decision seems fairly unanimous. I wonder if this is just a pipe dream and he won't be coming back at all.

KevinArnold

Juniors
I'd have to go with T.Smith. Purely because he adds more options in attack, making the Eels more dangerous and not so predictable offensively. In saying that, do you disrupt what the team is currently doing at the moment?

Tough decision.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Has to be Tim.
When Fui got sent off last week, we ended up benching Jeremy. In the same situation we wouldn't bench Tim.

Jeremy is expendable, Tim isn't.

parra pete

Referee
James_Hardie said:
Has to be Tim.
When Fui got sent off last week, we ended up benching Jeremy. In the same situation we wouldn't bench Tim.

Jeremy is expendable, Tim isn't.

?????
You must be watching different games to me. J Smith was benched last week so the Eels would have a full compliment of forwards on the paddock. Same thing would have occured if T Smith was playing...Don't fool yourself otherwise.
Before his injury, Tim Smith was playing crap....get the blinkers off...

eelusive

Juniors
Our form ignited since the knights game and timmy was firing until he got injured. i reckon we would still be where we are now if timmy wasn't injured.
Just my thoughts but jeremy would find finals pressure succumbing to him during the finals? we saw how timmy's first yr as halfback in the semis, but if they keep playing how they are with jeremy in the side, than im happy with either.

I'd lean more onto timmy though cause of experience in the finals and the chance to redeem himself.