What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who will be number 7

Who should be number 7 if timmy comes back

• Total voters

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
I'm not saying anything against Tim.

What I am saying is that, if we make the finals, we have to win at least 3 of our last 5 games. That means Jeremy would be 6 from 8, and that's a pretty damned good statistic. We might even go on to win 4 or 5 of our remaining games.

I doubt Tim will be coming back anytime soon, and so if we do make the finals, Jeremy will have earnt the right to stay in the 7. He will be the halfback that gets us there and so he deserves to stay there.

It is a good statistic, but i doubt Smith is the reason for our good form, more the work of others around him.

My argument is, if Tim does come back, he has to be in the side, he's dynamic and could well be a major X factor int he semi finals.

oneguy

Juniors
Hear hear Hollywood.

Don't change a winning combo. John Morris playing more of a role (successfully) and got good combo going with J Smith.

If we're talking about someone who was in hot form (e.g. Tahu) before injury, then yeh you'd think about moving him back, but with Timmy, he was improving when he got injured.

It's probably a mute point, as I doubt Tim will be back.

fish eel

Immortal
From what I've seen, John Morris has played a greater part in our form than Jeremy Smith.

If Jeremy has been so critical to our good run, he wouldnt have been the guy taken off last week.

He is solid, and that's it. I can't see Jeremy winning a close final for us. Tim, on the other hand, I can.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
fish eel said:
From what I've seen, John Morris has played a greater part in our form than Jeremy Smith.

If Jeremy has been so critical to our good run, he wouldnt have been the guy taken off last week.

He is solid, and that's it. I can't see Jeremy winning a close final for us. Tim, on the other hand, I can.

Game Set Match

parra pete

Referee
Like Tim Smith's effort against the Cowdies last year when he was woeful...the worst player on the paddock...
Get the blinkers off...He is NOT A SUPERSTAR. He is average at BEST and he has shown that he cannot adapt to different situations

Ron Jeremy

Coach
parra pete said:
No he had 15 clubs before him. On his form in 2006 he was closer to the No 15 half back in the comp..

Nope, like the rest of our side ( including Hindmarsh) we were terrible in the opening to mid season, but what a coincidence......our forwards started going forward, and Tims game improved out of sight!!

Hmmmmm

He's a great talent, most judges believe this, just young and abit erractic sometimes, thats where the importance of experience comes into it.

fish eel

Immortal
Tim Smith was one of 17 dreadful players in that game Pete; including plenty of higher paid, more experienced guys.

I think it's academic anyway, because I doubt tim will be back....and if he is I have a hunch JT would stick with Jeremy.

Stagger eel

Staff member
parra pete said:
Like Tim Smith's effort against the Cowdies last year when he was woeful...the worst player on the paddock...
Get the blinkers off...He is NOT A SUPERSTAR. He is average at BEST and he has shown that he cannot adapt to different situations

Mate, i don't think anyone is suggesting his a superstar but you have to remember that Tim was always going to have an ordinary day as Luke O'Donald made sure of it.

ParraManiac

Juniors
excuse me while I pick up my jaw from the ground....... I have got used to jayjay drivelling about Tim Smith, but pete I honestly cant believe you are fair dinkum?????

How you could seriously lay the blame for the Cowboys game at Tims feet just defies belief. Every player in that side was woeful, and excuse me for thinking that just maybe that had an impact on Tims game.....

caylo

Bench
yes i do agree... head is on of the best halfbacks goin around, and so is timmy. i wouldn't be surprised to see timmy at halfback next year 4 qld, with head there for nsw. he is a supurb talent, has all the tricks in the book. he does have a good running game, just doesn't use it often. but he is young, he will only get better, which is scary 4 opossitions. he has had a bad year, but i do think his form has been exagerated. his kicking game in the 1st 5 weeks was very good, but our forwards where not goin forward. he lost confidence along with others, and made some bad desitions. he is over that and was playing well... he out played johns in 40mins, b4 getting injured... wot more do u want

jayjayselmes

Juniors
caylo said:
yes i do agree... head is on of the best halfbacks goin around, and so is timmy. i wouldn't be surprised to see timmy at halfback next year 4 qld, with head there for nsw. he is a supurb talent, has all the tricks in the book. he does have a good running game, just doesn't use it often. but he is young, he will only get better, which is scary 4 opossitions. he has had a bad year, but i do think his form has been exagerated. his kicking game in the 1st 5 weeks was very good, but our forwards where not goin forward. he lost confidence along with others, and made some bad desitions. he is over that and was playing well... he out played johns in 40mins, b4 getting injured... wot more do u want

halfback for qld :lol::lol::lol::lol: not after this years poor form

A good running game WTF?????
He never runs the ball at all cant remember the last time he ran the ball he is a cat and is afraid of getting tackled.

parra pete

Referee
I don't rate Tim Smith..Sorry that's my opinion. I think at best he is average. But that doesn't mean he can't play. It is just I think he can't play.Me..MY OPINION,
I'm not the Pope..I'm not infallible... I hope I'm wrong. I would love nothing better than the bloke come out and be sensational.
I might be the bloke marching left right when everyone else is going right left..I hope for the members of this forum I am wrong, because T Smith is loved in here by people who can see things in him that I don't.
For mine, until he develops a running game, learns to tackle and not just rely on kicks for attack..he will remain average.
Coaches in the NRL can read him like a book.
He has big wraps, that, in my opinion, he hasn't earned...
I call them as I see them...it is fair to say he is not my favorite player..

parra pete

Referee
ParraManiac said:
excuse me while I pick up my jaw from the ground....... I have got used to jayjay drivelling about Tim Smith, but pete I honestly cant believe you are fair dinkum?????

How you could seriously lay the blame for the Cowboys game at Tims feet just defies belief. Every player in that side was woeful, and excuse me for thinking that just maybe that had an impact on Tims game.....

Maybe his shocker had an impact on everyone else. After all, he was driving (or supposedly driving) the team around the paddock..
Look forward though, don't look back...
"Looking forward, looking back" :whistle: Slim Dusty

caylo

Bench
jayjayselmes said:
halfback for qld :lol::lol::lol::lol: not after this years poor form

A good running game WTF?????
He never runs the ball at all cant remember the last time he ran the ball he is a cat and is afraid of getting tackled.

you no what, it shows how little yoy know. timmy has a very good running game, he has a step that rates up with benji'z. it just so happends his passing and kicking game is much better, and he relies on puting players through gaps with his short and long passing game. he has very good vision, and is a couragous little fella. jay when you learn to make a objective observation, you may earn some respect. timmy plays al over jeremy in every facid of the game.

For mine, until he develops a running game, learns to tackle and not just rely on kicks for attack..he will remain average.
Coaches in the NRL can read him like a book.
He has big wraps, that, in my opinion, he hasn't earned...

coachs do not read him like a book, while he relies on his boot and passing game, he has on of the most deceptive passing games in the comp. he had the ability to throw long bullett passes, short passes, and inside passes all off the hip. because of this he can wait until the last second to decide where to throw the pass without having to change his action. he also is very good in providing ball to his outside men, and when you have guys like grothe, tahu, hayne, benny smith and widders, sometimes all they need is the ball do somthing special. his kicking game is very good in that he can also get so many repet sets from his kicks, or can weight the perfect bomb. he also has the ability to turn defenders around and find grass (he is on of the best at this in the league). also predicting what timmy will do and stopping it is another thing. he has wraps on his because he is easly the most skillful halfback since johns. i rate him purley on skill, as equal to joey. give him a few years, and experiance at the top level he will be a super star. i assure you, and he will use his running game more often

Morenito

Juniors
A couple of high-profile West Coast Eagles stars will return for tomorrow night’s clash with St Kilda at Telstra Dome, but ruckman Dean Cox will not be among them.

Vice-captain Andrew Embley and all-Australian on-baller Chad Fletcher have been selected, but Cox will be given another week after suffering a broken collarbone against the Western Bulldogs a month ago.

After a light training run at Punt Road Oval in Melbourne today, the training venue and home of Richmond, senior coach John Worsfold ruled that Cox would be left out of the line-up.

The club was not prepared to take a risk with the all-Australian ruckman, deciding that another week would be the best option, so he should play next Saturday against the Kangaroos at Subiaco Oval.
http://westcoasteagles.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=286302

I thought it was interesting how quickly this guy is coming back from his broken collarbone..They got injured on the same weekend yet he was a chance to play this week for the eagles.

Everyone's injuries are different i know but maybe Smith will be back sooner rather than later

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hope Timmy is taking his vtamin C and protein powder, get that thing healed asap!!!

Timmy, a great player.

bartman

Immortal
Hollywood Jesus said:
What I am saying is that, if we make the finals, we have to win at least 3 of our last 5 games. That means Jeremy would be 6 from 8, and that's a pretty damned good statistic. We might even go on to win 4 or 5 of our remaining games.

I doubt Tim will be coming back anytime soon, and so if we do make the finals, Jeremy will have earnt the right to stay in the 7. He will be the halfback that gets us there and so he deserves to stay there.
Exactly what I was thinking in my answer to the question. Nothing against Tim, but in the hypothetical that we get to the finals I feel the guys that got us there in Tim's absence will have proven they are less of a risk than someone rushing to come back from injury.

parra pete

Referee
caylo said:
you no what, it shows how little yoy know. timmy has a very good running game, he has a step that rates up with benji'z. it just so happends his passing and kicking game is much better, and he relies on puting players through gaps with his short and long passing game. he has very good vision, and is a couragous little fella. jay when you learn to make a objective observation, you may earn some respect. timmy plays al over jeremy in every facid of the game.

coachs do not read him like a book, while he relies on his boot and passing game, he has on of the most deceptive passing games in the comp. he had the ability to throw long bullett passes, short passes, and inside passes all off the hip. because of this he can wait until the last second to decide where to throw the pass without having to change his action. he also is very good in providing ball to his outside men, and when you have guys like grothe, tahu, hayne, benny smith and widders, sometimes all they need is the ball do somthing special. his kicking game is very good in that he can also get so many repet sets from his kicks, or can weight the perfect bomb. he also has the ability to turn defenders around and find grass (he is on of the best at this in the league). also predicting what timmy will do and stopping it is another thing. he has wraps on his because he is easly the most skillful halfback since johns. i rate him purley on skill, as equal to joey. give him a few years, and experiance at the top level he will be a super star. i assure you, and he will use his running game more often

Talk is cheap, people follow like sheep.
I'll wait until he shows it on the paddock..Until then Pffffffft.

parra pete

Referee
Ron Jeremy said:
Hope Timmy is taking his vtamin C and protein powder, get that thing healed asap!!!

Timmy, a great player.

Define great...
Johns is great, Langer is great Sterling and Mortimer were great. Tim Smith..great ????
On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate his PERFORMANCE in 2006, and where would you rank him in the Eels squad this year.
Where does his PERFORMANCE in 2006 rank him with the other half backs in the NRL.

Rate it on ACTUAL perfomance and not on what YOU think he is capable of. I think it may surprise you...