What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who will be number 7

Who should be number 7 if timmy comes back

• Total voters

James_Hardie

Juniors
The game i was watching. Ben Smith and O'Dwyer picked up the slack by doing extra work coming out of our own end after Fui went off. Plenty of people around me didn't even notice jeremy was off... because he didn't do very much when on. We still needed to score points, and if Tim were playing he would have stayed on as he is vital to our attacking game as well as our organisation, jeremy isn't.

Your only as good as you last game. Tim's last 120 minutes were pretty good...

jayjayselmes

Juniors
parra pete said:
?????
You must be watching different games to me. J Smith was benched last week so the Eels would have a full compliment of forwards on the paddock. Same thing would have occured if T Smith was playing...Don't fool yourself otherwise.
Before his injury, Tim Smith was playing crap....get the blinkers off...

ahahahha good post

We would be crazy to put him in with the form we are showing. He would nned a few games to get the fitness back and so forth. Id wait until 07

TheParraboy

Staff member
parra-all-the-way said:
there is talk that timmy could be back before the finals, would you bring him back in our make him earn it in prems. My only concern is that the team is finding form and may he dirupt it by coming back in...

look at the saints with barret coming back in....I think he has to be in there, tim is the x factor and we could really use him there.

But having said trhat jeremy i think is doing a great job..

your thoughts

StGeorge have lost their last 3 games :?

your point is very invalid

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Tim Smith imo was MOM against Canberra, was dynamic untill he got injured against Newy.

Led NRL with Try assists last year, if Tim was out of contract you'd have 15 clubs after him, J Smith had one, enough said.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Timmy is just as good as Head, although what head has that we dont is a class 5/8th and a foward pack that can win comps alone!
We all saw waht timmy did in his last couple of games, and im sorry jermey long kicking game is bad......and agianst top teams like melb, dogs and dragons (in form) they will eat us alive!

Timmy has the ability to turn the defence around and tire out the other fowards through his pin point kicking game, something that all final winning teams have!

parra pete

Referee
Ron Jeremy said:
Tim Smith imo was MOM against Canberra, was dynamic untill he got injured against Newy.

Led NRL with Try assists last year, if Tim was out of contract you'd have 15 clubs after him, J Smith had one, enough said.

No he had 15 clubs before him. On his form in 2006 he was closer to the No 15 half back in the comp..

I'd go with Jeremy - if we made it through to the finals it would be largely due to him (no matter what anyone says). even if he doesn't stand out like a superstar, if he doesn't lay a solid platform we will not win any games.

the fact we are winning since tim got injured says enough by itself - he is doing the job, and doing it well.

parra pete

Referee
lucablight said:
Do you think Tim Smith was ever a good player?

On reflection, probably average at best.
You need consistency to be good. That is something lacking in his game.
Along with a running and tackling ability.
He has good vision with kicks as a scoring option. God forbid, if he breaks a toe there goes his 'ability'.

Stagger eel

Staff member
parra pete said:
He has good vision with kicks as a scoring option. God forbid, if he breaks a toe there goes his 'ability'.

In all honesty Pete..a broken toe would be liability for any footballer.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
I'd go with Jeremy - if we made it through to the finals it would be largely due to him (no matter what anyone says). even if he doesn't stand out like a superstar, if he doesn't lay a solid platform we will not win any games.

the fact we are winning since tim got injured says enough by itself - he is doing the job, and doing it well.

WTF, remember the games against Souths, Canberra, Newcastle? he was the half in these games, and played very well.

He was Rookie of the year, led the NRL in try assists, he's what 21......god if your not impressed by that you never will be.

Tims strength is his kicking game, like Head, do you see Head ever make many line breaks No!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
As i've said previously, if Tim was avaliable on the open market there would be 15 clubs after him, J Smith had one club, says it all.

I'm not saying anything against Tim.

What I am saying is that, if we make the finals, we have to win at least 3 of our last 5 games. That means Jeremy would be 6 from 8, and that's a pretty damned good statistic. We might even go on to win 4 or 5 of our remaining games.

I doubt Tim will be coming back anytime soon, and so if we do make the finals, Jeremy will have earnt the right to stay in the 7. He will be the halfback that gets us there and so he deserves to stay there.