What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who will be number 7

Who should be number 7 if timmy comes back

• Total voters

Ron Jeremy

Coach
parra pete said:
Define great...
Johns is great, Langer is great Sterling and Mortimer were great. Tim Smith..great ????
On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate his PERFORMANCE in 2006, and where would you rank him in the Eels squad this year.
Where does his PERFORMANCE in 2006 rank him with the other half backs in the NRL.

Rate it on ACTUAL perfomance and not on what YOU think he is capable of. I think it may surprise you...

:lol:

I love to sh*t stir:lol:

I would rather win the comp with a "steady as she goes" Jeremy, than a "lets throw a pass and hope someone from my team catches it" Tim.

Finals football is intense - i dont think you could throw him straight back in.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
parra pete said:
If he is the answer...what was the question?

X as in kiss your chances goodbye...:lol:
i think by now we all know your not a tim smith fan but mate get over it. i agree he needs to improve his running game but he's only 21 plenty of time for improvement.

caylo

Bench
parra pete said:
Talk is cheap, people follow like sheep.
I'll wait until he shows it on the paddock..Until then Pffffffft.

pete mate, when you make comments like this it is completly obvious that you have nothing left to say. we must agree that timmy is goin to be the halfback next year, even hagan has said it. jeremy wont, we have to take the punt with the kid. and i think that supporting a player in the blue and gold, is more important. i think you and jay are the sheep following the papers with their talk... wake up to urself.

parra pete

Referee
Sorry for having an opinion....Sorry for being a realist...Sorry for being prepared to row against the stream.

You all know, deep in your hearts, that he hasn't kicked on as well as you all expected. You are just not mature enough to accept it.
Life goes on..

parra pete

Referee
It's like the story of a player who was upset because he was being bagged by someone who told him he was no good.
'Forget that' he was told, "The person who said that to you has no opinions of his own..He just repeats what all the other coaches tell him"....:lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
parra pete said:
Sorry for having an opinion....Sorry for being a realist...Sorry for being prepared to row against the stream.

You all know, deep in your hearts, that he hasn't kicked on as well as you all expected. You are just not mature enough to accept it.
Life goes on..
no mate i respect your opinion but we all get the message your not a fan fair enough. dont have to bring it up every oppurtunity it's getting a bit old. :roll:

parra pete

Referee
The purpose of this thread is who will be number 7. I have been taken to task for having an opinion other than the popular one...If I was a T Smith fan and toed the Party line, everything would be hunky dory.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
IMO....tonight showed that with the pressure a top side can provide, J.Smith gets lost and is unorganised...the play is too fast for him (even if dragons were all over the shop)!

Thats something T.smith Handles very well....no matter how strong the other team is, he seems to have alot of time to create something!
I just think come final time.....j.smith will be dominated!

James_Hardie

Juniors
Even if Tim Smith is as "average" as Para Pete says, it was once again shown tonight that he is a better option than the "expendable" Jeremy Smith. Jeremy managed to give away two cheap penalties and kick a ball out on the full in his own half in the short time he was on. And as mentioned above he often gets caught with the ball because he doesn't react quick enough. He came off just before half time, we scored 20 points, he came back on for a token run at the end.

I wouldn't even mind if we moved Deano to 5/8 and johnny to half. With LB in the team, and PJ playing more time our creativity and kicking game is fine as proven by our results..

parra pete

Referee
I am not saying J Smith is a world beater..just commenting, that, IN MY OPINION, Tim Smith is not the player people on this forum make him out to be. Average, AT BEST.

James_Hardie

Juniors
I think there is a tendancy for people on here to over sell the ability of Eels players, particularly up and comers. But in terms of who should be our no.7, Tim is far and away the better option.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
i was thinking....why cant we play both!
Start with jeremy, then with say 30 to go bring timmy on! IMO with the defence tired, he could tear teams apart with the time and space!

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Prodigal Eel said:
i was thinking....why cant we play both!
Start with jeremy, then with say 30 to go bring timmy on! IMO with the defence tired, he could tear teams apart with the time and space!

Both PJ and Tim on the bench?

If anything, perhaps:

7. PJ Marsh
14. Tim Smith

but i don't think there's room for PJ, Jeremy and Tim all in the same 17