What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the QLD fullback?

Who will be the QLD fullback?

• Rhys Wesser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brent Webb

• Matt Bowen

• Darren Lockyer

• Total voters

davi

Juniors
If Walters is fair dinkum, Boyd either plays fullback or is left out of the side.

He doesn't offer what Holmes/Oates/Gagai does on the wing, except perhaps being better cover for an on field injury.

Exactly. There is talk Holmes won't be in the team, on his form last year that would have been unthinkable. I also think Queensland may be hurting the succession by clinging on to Slater.

Slater will be fullback and Boyd on the wing, it's pretty simple. Both have performed their for years at an extremely high level.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Slater will be fullback and Boyd on the wing, it's pretty simple. Both have performed their for years at an extremely high level.

That's what will happen. It shouldn't though as they are leaving one of Oates/Holmes out for some ridiculous reason.

Clifferd

Coach
But that's Meningas choice because he wanted to keep largely the same team from the four nations

Did Merrin, Ferguson etc really warrant selection for the kangaroos?

I can see Kevvy picking Slater at fullback, he offers a lot more than Boyd

That's what will happen. It shouldn't though as they are leaving one of Oates/Holmes out for some ridiculous reason.
No they're leaving them out because Slater is coming back.

Billy is the greatest maroons fullback ever and Boyd would be one of our top 5 wingers ever.

Them making way for someone who hasn't even debuted for Origin and someone who has played what 3 games is hardly ridiculous.

davi

Juniors
The late mail is Darius Boyd will be selected at fullback with Billy Slater not to be selected in the team at all.

Fangs

Coach
I don't understand why Clinton Schifcofske hasn't been mentioned at the selection table. He gets my vote.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Great news for NSW.

Boyd is a great fullback; but Billy is the greatest fullback.

Should have been a no brainer.

Ecstatic as a Blue that he's been left out.

simmo05

Bench
Not a slater fan, only because of the constant carve ups over the years! Slater is probably the maroons best ever fullback and they leave him out? So much for their much heralded loyalty! But inexplicably they remain loyal to myles, guerra, thiaday and lillyman? The only bigger laugh will probably be when the mighty blues release their team

davi

Juniors
Not a slater fan, only because of the constant carve ups over the years! Slater is probably the maroons best ever fullback and they leave him out? So much for their much heralded loyalty! But inexplicably they remain loyal to myles, guerra, thiaday and lillyman? The only bigger laugh will probably be when the mighty blues release their team

ummmmmm yeah I think it was loyalty that was reason for Slater been left out. Darius Boyd was the Queensland fullback on last years team that got the job done. Slater hasn't played fullback for Queensland since game 2 in 2015.

simmo05

Bench
Shafting your greatest fullback? Boyd could have been picked on the wing, or did no inglis scare walters?

_Johnsy

Referee
What's happened to the much self hyped QLD loyalty?

It was spoken about with JT by the same coach in the same press conference.

Cue the excuses.......................................