What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be Wests Tigers Coach in 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If Potter has to go, Griff would be my choice from the list, although Hoffman has already signed up with the Warriors for the next few years !

I meant Josh Hoffman. If he came over and played centre he would be perfect.

He could lock down right centre then when Teddy gets injured jump to fullback (which we all know will be 75% of the year).

BrotherJim05

Bench
On the note of hard to find a good coach, I don't think it would be hard. A coach would look like the best coach in the world if he walked into a basket case of a team and turned it into a premiership contender.

The problem is that everyone has just given up. I've always supported Potter but it seems he lacks in motivating the team when the chips are down.

Tiger05

First Grade
Lovin' the blind optimism, Tiger 05. Almost the antithesis of conspiracy.

Thing is, everyone else would take the job in a flash.

Just like Potter did at the end of 2012.

But where does that leave us?

Yep. No conspiracies from me.

As to where it leaves us - lets be honest. If we can get the right players on the park consistently we can turn everything around. Team selections, recruitment and retention and luck when it comes to injuries are all probably more important than the coach. Whoever we get should be good enough. The players are the ones who can make the coach look ordinary or great.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Correct. The only guys who would knock us back will be guys that currently have a first grade coaching job or have something better including not wanting to work. Everyone else would take the job in a flash.

Glad you agree that the coaches who would knock us back would be the good/proven coaches, and the unproven/untested ones will be lining up.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because I am not privy to who is looking, are you?

If the club is looking, do you not think they are in confidential discussion with potential candidates already, maybe someone still in the final series?

Do you think we will struggle to fill the coaching position?

So if you are not aware of whether any coaches are looking at coming here, how can you be so certain that coaches want to come here?

I know we will have a coach next year. I highly doubt though that we are an organisation that many coaches would love to be involved with.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I initially stated that there would be plenty of people lining up. I don't have any names because I don't make stuff up.
that is a contradiction of sorts.

To me its pretty obvious that there would be lots of coaches looking for an opportunity to coach a first grade side.

Lets flip the situation - do you seriously think we will struggle to get a coach out of Payten, Kidwell, Fletcher or Potter for next season. Of course they all want the job. There will be others out there as well.
i know we'll have a coach next year. But i don't want anyone who has been on the coaching staff this year as head coach next year. They're all guilty of making us the rabble we are now.

I believe the amateur way this club operates most of the time would act as a deterrent for coaches.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
With all due respect to some of the posters on here this is the key question.

Reality trumps bullshit every day and stating that we will struggle to get a first grade coach is complete and utter bullshit.

I never stated or insinuated that we would struggle to have a coach.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Todd Peyton and David Kidwell apparently.
Sheensy would come back in a heartbeat.

that fills me with confidence.

as MU has show with the stats the team has given up on he coach so no point in extending Potters tenure.

if we end up with Peyton or Kidwell as head coach I don't have a whole lot of hope for the 2015 campaign.

Tigerm

First Grade
So if you are not aware of whether any coaches are looking at coming here, how can you be so certain that coaches want to come here?

I know we will have a coach next year. I highly doubt though that we are an organisation that many coaches would love to be involved with.

Because this is the big show, it's as good as it gets for anyone who wants to be involved in rugby league, especially coaches.

The only ones who wont apply would be those already in employment, maybe?

After all, in the first half of the season we were travelling extremely well.

I think the WT's would be talking to the coaches managers in the first instance, about what their expectations are, they will create a short list & go from there, hopefully sooner rather than later, make a decision.

Never sure but I certainly hope the new board will settle the club down.

In another thread there is talk of us looking for a GM of football operations, I think this is a great move & hope that that would calm prospective coaches as well. It has worked well elsewhere.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because this is the big show, it's as good as it gets for anyone who wants to be involved in rugby league, especially coaches.

The only ones who wont apply would be those already in employment, maybe?

After all, in the first half of the season we were travelling extremely well.

I think the WT's would be talking to the coaches managers in the first instance, about what their expectations are, they will create a short list & go from there, hopefully sooner rather than later, make a decision.

Never sure but I certainly hope the new board will settle the club down.

In another thread there is talk of us looking for a GM of football operations, I think this is a great move & hope that that would calm prospective coaches as well. It has worked well elsewhere.

So you're guessing.

That's fine.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its not a contradiction at all.
Well it is, of sorts. You say "that there would be plenty of people lining up."

But you have no evidence to support this, evidenced by your next line, where you said "I don't have any names"

So you have no facts (proven by your own comments in your second sentence) to support your statement (in your first sentence), yet try to convince us that you "don't make stuff up."

The reason I am so confident is this:-

I'll add that we are in with a chance to have a good season next year.
the reason you are so confident is because of some guess by a username on the internet.

That's sounds legit.

Carry on.

Fordy20

Juniors
Do you think there might be any legs to the rumour of Sheens coming back to be GM of football with Payten as his head coach?

Tiger05

First Grade
So you have no facts (proven by your own comments in your second sentence) to support your statement (in your first sentence), yet try to convince us that you "don't make stuff up."

If you want to be like that no problems. Lets see how much problems we have appointing a first grade coach.

I'll admit I was wrong if we can't get anyone and we have no coach next year. If we get someone then you admit you were wrong. Cool ?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never said that we wouldn't have a coach you clown. I've even said we will have a coach next year.

I merely criticised the notion that coaches would be lining up in droves for the gig.

simmo1

First Grade
Yeah no way we're not going to be able to sign a coach. A decent one however....

Tiger05

First Grade
And who judges decent. Potter is well liked. Sheens is the Australian coach. Its not like we can't attract them.

Stop being such depressive losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.