What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will play in the NRL Grand Final in 2005?

Dragon_psa

First Grade
yankeeboy said:
Saints will be in the GF if they can have a team including Hornby, Gasnier, Cooper, Barrett, Head, Ryles, Bailey, and Timmins.

If they have too many injuries (like they do now), forget about it.

Hornby and Head are the only 2 injured (Barrett will be back against Parra next Friday). Hornby will be back by Round 19, and Sheppard is good enough to slot in at half. I'd hardly call 2 players an extensive injury toll. Especially compared to the last 3 or 4 seasons :p

LESStar58

Referee
Anyone who says the Dogs are even in the running for a grand final apperance after they had unanswered points on them is kidding themselves! If they had their full roster available they'd be specials but it aint gonna happen!

LESStar58

Referee
argy-bargy said:
brisbane vs Storm

I remember a RLW columist making a similar prediction in 1999......

Broncos/Storm would be my 2nd guess for a GF after Broncos/Cowboys...

yankeeboy

Juniors
Dragon_psa said:
Hornby and Head are the only 2 injured (Barrett will be back against Parra next Friday). Hornby will be back by Round 19, and Sheppard is good enough to slot in at half. I'd hardly call 2 players an extensive injury toll. Especially compared to the last 3 or 4 seasons :p

But there still are 9 more games for those players to get themselves injured or re-injured (8 NRL rounds of the 9, and Origin III).

If they can make it through okay, I think that the Dragons should be able to win at any Sydney venue (regardless of their seed). Right now, I can't see the Dragons placing any higher than 6th, or lower than 7th. Let's hope they don't have to go to Dairy Farmers!

Brisbane this year are like Roger Federer. If they they want to win all they just have to do is try and they will. They have class all over the field.

As for the other likely contenders:
Cowboys - One quality half in Thurston. Need another one to really challenge for the title imo.
Melbourne - Too inconsistent. Cannot see them winning 3 or 4 games in a row v quality opposition.
Manly - The got smashed by souths 44-6. Enough said.
Cronulla - Have two quality halves and two quality front rowers and would love to see them challenge but cannot see their defence standing up under pressure.
Roosters - Solid defence but unorganised attack shold not get them the title.

This leaves the dogs and dragons who are the only major threat to brisbane in my eyes.
IF the dogs make the 8 they will seriously challenge with their full compliment of players. Have been there, done that and could do it again. Will be fresh as their big guns would have played half a season max.
Dragons are reliant on injuries as well. Need Barret and Hornby as halves to be a chance.

redVgirl

Juniors
as much as i want my boys to be there, i know they wont. they are gonna miss head too much. DAMNIT! next year boys, next year.

.........ive been saying that forever :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd put money on Brisbane V. Someone, not sure who yet.

About 9 games a plenty of injuries yet to come.

Trying to guess thier oppostion is hard, just when on team looks good, they get beaten.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Craigshark said:
How can they be '2nd favourite' to win the title when they are 10th? :?
It is the Top 8 not the Top 10.. :D
Thankyou, i thought my response was good aswell.. ;-)

I don't know how they could be? Maybe head on over to Sportstab? I have numerous papers that have the Dogs as second favourite too.
I suggest you stop talking some time around now :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
LESStar58 said:
Anyone who says the Dogs are even in the running for a grand final apperance after they had unanswered points on them is kidding themselves! If they had their full roster available they'd be specials but it aint gonna happen!

Every team between 1st and 15th has copped a shellacking this year. Don't b stupid.

attamarrap

Juniors
LESStar58 said:
If they had their full roster available they'd be specials but it aint gonna happen!
I dont know about specials they'd be up there

I reckon the broncos,cowboys and the eels will fight it out

Timmah

Staff member
Roosters can't do it. With a close to full compliment they appear to be struggling.

Craigshark

First Grade
Dodge said:
I don't know how they could be? Maybe head on over to Sportstab? I have numerous papers that have the Dogs as second favourite too.
I suggest you stop talking some time around now :lol:

Instead of using Sportstab, why don't you just use your own head without being bias?
By the way, what was the score between the Storm and the so called '2nd favourites to win the Comp' last night?

White Poiner

Coach
Dodge said:
Roosters can't do it. With a close to full compliment they appear to be struggling.

well if the dogs can, so can the roosters.

Im just tryin to not be bios towards the sharks.

Timmah

Staff member
WTF? Sportstab are the official betting agency of the NRL and since the Manly game, have had the Bulldogs second favourite at $6.00 behind Brisbane ($4.00).

You would be naive and foolish to think last night's team played well or really had a chance whilst missing Ryan, Anasta, Mason, Tonga, Williams and Maitua. You would be even more dumb to believe that we're gone for the year. I hope to god we come in at 6th or 7th and you lot finish 2nd or 3rd, because we will NAIL you in the finals with our full side.

Dope.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I think the Dogs are really struggling. Sure they hav Mason and SBW and Tonga to come back, but when they all eventually get bak on the field at the same time, I think the horse may have bolted. For mine, Broncos Vs Cowboys. And even though they are terribly inconsistent, the Dragons are a smokey. They hav got a very good team at full strength even allowing for the loss of Head.

NthCronullaLocal said:
Brisbane this year are like Roger Federer. If they they want to win all they just have to do is try and they will. They have class all over the field.

As for the other likely contenders:
Cowboys - One quality half in Thurston. Need another one to really challenge for the title imo.
Melbourne - Too inconsistent. Cannot see them winning 3 or 4 games in a row v quality opposition.
Manly - The got smashed by souths 44-6. Enough said.
Cronulla - Have two quality halves and two quality front rowers and would love to see them challenge but cannot see their defence standing up under pressure.
Roosters - Solid defence but unorganised attack shold not get them the title.

This leaves the dogs and dragons who are the only major threat to brisbane in my eyes.
IF the dogs make the 8 they will seriously challenge with their full compliment of players. Have been there, done that and could do it again. Will be fresh as their big guns would have played half a season max.
Dragons are reliant on injuries as well. Need Barret and Hornby as halves to be a chance.
You may have forgotten the Eels they are 2nd at present heard of them? Blue and Gold?

Anyway for mine it will be-
Brisbane v Parra/Cowboys/Sharks.
Any of those can win it on thier day.

Latest posts