What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who will smith take to the knights

shaun

Juniors
In the past month or so there have been threads about who Hagan might bring to the eels next year. I wonder who Smith will take with him to the Knights? Wagon will surely follow as im sure they come as a package deal. I think if a few of the young eels dont get a go in 1st grade this year maybe a few will swith to the knights.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he brought Wags here from the drags, maybe he'll take him to the knights

PB

Bench
Well technically, he didnt come to Parra straight from the Drags so he didn't really bring him with...

Stagger eel

Staff member
well it looks like Morris will be at the GC..

I think widders and Burt could be a strong chance.

Bigfella

Coach
Yeah that makes sense. Guys who are frustrated that they don't get an opportunity in 2006 under Smith will change clubs ... and follow Smith to the Knights in the hope of playing more reserve grade. Geez Louise.

shaun

Juniors
Yes Burty is a newcastle boy. He went to my highschool in newcastle until the eels signed him

shaun

Juniors
well i think they might have more of a chance at cracking 1st grade at knights than eels. im talking about players with 1st grade potential who are too good for PL

Stagger eel

Staff member
well if you talk to any Knights supporter they'd tell you that they have great depth this year but yet they'd be happy to take 6 or so of our players to bolster their ranks..

go figure.

Hurriflatch

Referee
THey also think Tahu will make a great centre now whereas less then a month ago Smith had turned the worlds best winger into an average cdentre

Utey

Coach
I have a question...

When was the last time a coach took a big name player with him to a new club?

Stagger eel

Staff member
<UPtheEELS> said:
I have a question...

When was the last time a coach took a big name player with him to a new club?

that's a bloody good question though, it's not like it happens all the time, I think Brian could probably take a player with him but he did seem excited about starting from scratch, so maybe he'll just do that??

PB

Bench
Did John Lang take Bang Bang Marty Lang with him?

He got Preston a year later. Graham Murray got Matty Sing a couple of years later as well. So 2007 may not be the only worry, it will probably also be in a couple of years when players come off contract...

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Widders may actually be enticed to stay if he thinks he's a chance at a starting spot under Hagan

PB

Bench
I think the ability to keep Widders will depend more on what opportunities the club can provide him to do his work outside of League. If being based in Sydney, and with a club that gives him the time to do his work with the aboriginal commuity, and if he feels he can reach more peolpe being based in Sydney, we may keep him...

Latest posts