What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will we play at the big stadium games??

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Alright, say the big stadium games go ahead and everyone has to deal with it. Who will be in the big games?? Who are our mightiest rivals nowadays? To me, it's always Brisbane bacause I'm up here. Suncorp pretty much is packed out up in Qld when we play the donkeys. But it won't fill up down in Sydney that clash. Roosters will always be a massive one and possibly Sharks. Big rivals! Who will fill the stadiums, albeit the blunder of a decision to play there. Where will we get those big bucks? Thoughts?

watatank

Coach
Bulldogs, Souths, Roosters, Eels, Tigers would probably be the games the club/NRL would be looking to move mainly. Which teams probably depends on home ground allocation and I guess popularity, ladder position as well...for example we generally alternate home games with the Roosters on ANZAC day

Ace-STi

Juniors
The initiative will see the Dragons play four of their twelve home games annually at Sydney’s major stadiums over the next four years, creating marquee events against selected Sydney teams who have already committed to these venues - South Sydney, Canterbury Bankstown, Sydney Roosters, Wests Tigers and Parramatta Eels.

Ace-STi

Juniors
Allianz- Roosters
SCG- Rabbitohs
ANZ- Dogs, Eels, Tigers or Rabbitohs Im getting from that

Mr Red

First Grade
crowd:

tumbleweed1.jpg

Sticks2

Juniors
Scarborough Park with free admission could have easily accommodated the crowd that attended the last clash between Saints and Parramatta!

saint.nick

Coach
People shouldn't be shitting themselves about a 'home ground advantage' Dogs and Souths have at ANZ. It's ANZ, not Redfern, not Belmore. ANZ. One of the two most neutral venues in the country.

TruSaint

Referee
People shouldn't be shitting themselves about a 'home ground advantage' Dogs and Souths have at ANZ. It's ANZ, not Redfern, not Belmore. ANZ. One of the two most neutral venues in the country.

With their roster, they could have played out of PNG.

Minh

First Grade
I guess the AFL can pull off the big stadium gig better than league with the empty seats and all.

Ace-STi

Juniors

Not even the blues can f**king win there :lol:

I guess the AFL can pull off the big stadium gig better than league with the empty seats and all.
How many years you reckon they'll stick with it? The oceans of empty plastic seats? The complete lack of atmos? Do they think we're just gonna turn up regardless? How long before they realise that a two-thirds full Jubilee Ave looks about 400% better on TV than Homebush with 20% of the seats filled?

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
How many years you reckon they'll stick with it? The oceans of empty plastic seats? The complete lack of atmos? Do they think we're just gonna turn up regardless? How long before they realise that a two-thirds full Jubilee Ave looks about 400% better on TV than Hombush with 10% of the seats filled?

It's been going on for a while now I guess they hope that one day people will just gather in bigger numbers. With plastic seats outnumbering people 20 to 1 it's not the best advertisement for the game is it. You're right about the look of the suburban grounds too they have a much better atmosphere.