What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will win it all... 2007 Premiership?

2007 Premiers - your votes please...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pantherz9103

First Grade
If the Storm don't win it this year I don't know when they ever will. Their version of a 'slump' involved 3 wins and 1 loss. Now they are out of a slump I don't know who can stop them. The Warriors imo are a chance but the loss of Vatuvei will weaken their potency out wide a bit, it could unsettle them and I doubt their ability to win a big game away. Manly are a great regular season team but I can't see them producing their best at finals time.

Blake

Juniors
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
Put it this way, if everyone's 'team to beat' doesn't do it, then it will be a farcade

Um are you trying to make up new words? What is farcade? Combination of facade and farce?

mongoose

Coach
pantherz9103 said:
Manly are a great regular season team but I can't see them producing their best at finals time.

See, i think this could also be applied to the Storm. There are a few teams that could unhinge them if they are not careful. If any of the Warriors, Cowboys or Eels are on song they could take the Storm by surprise. I sometimes think they have done it a bit too easy this year and it's not because they are so much more talented than everyone else... They are just a supremely coached side. In 1995 Manly and Canberra absolutely dominated the regular season, as much as melbourne has this year but they could not overcome a rampaging bulldogs side in the finals. Melbourne will have that extra motivation of not losing 2 years in a row though.

Martli

Coach
Blake said:
Um are you trying to make up new words? What is farcade? Combination of facade and farce?

Dude, don't even bother. I was going to say something but then I realised that the entire sentence didn't make sense so i'd probably just get a similarly illiterate reply. Meh.

Ice777

Bench
Shorty said:
Some Warriors fans seem to have an agenda against North Queensland.

No different to your agenda against the Storm. Don't make me say the H word ;-)

Oh and Dr Crane's right, you're one HELL of a biter :lol:

beads6

First Grade
Melbourne really should win it and if they don't they will never forget it. I would love the broncos to win it but the have no chance in hell so Cowboys are my preferred side but the Eels are a good chance after last sundays Debacle of a game.

Dutchy

Immortal
Shorty seems to take anybody something something slightly negative personally.

Voted Broncs BTW.

Charlie124

First Grade
LESStar58 said:
Heart says Storm.

Head says Cowboys.

Most people will tell you to have your head read then. :lol:

I really believe this comp is the Storms for the losing, nobody has really come close to them this year or even last year, they're just about unstoppable. However this may very well be their undoing if they underestimate a team like the Eels or Cowboys (or Souths if they get past week 1). I doubt they would have any trouble with the Warriors or Bulldogs and Manly will not be underestimated regardless.

Jordan

Juniors
LESStar58 said:
Heart says Storm.

Head says Cowboys.

wow..dont be so hard on your team.. As a Cowboys fan, I am terrified of the Storm...

A few weeks ago, I didn't think my team had a hope in hell. Aside from our last 20 minutes against the Dogs, our defence has improved a fair bit in recent weeks. I'm pleased going into the finals on the back of five consequtive wins, and am confident we can beat the Dogs again on Saturday.

Whether we can win the comp or not is another thing; I have my doubts, but at the same time I think that on our day we are capable of defeating any side in the competiton.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dutchy said:
Shorty seems to take anybody something something slightly negative personally.

Voted Broncs BTW.

:lol: which is utterly ironic given her words towards me last week.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I also enjoy that the Storm have all the expectation... :D

RABK

Referee
Oh except i think they might unleash a bit in the Grand Final ala Raiders on Canterbury in the 1994 Grand Final and rack up a 30 point win on Warriors/Cowboys/Manly.

Latest posts