What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you like signed?

sladden road

Juniors
im down with shifty too
ennis
what about topou from the horses..
i agree about that kid from the tiges in no 5 .

Stonecutter

First Grade
Russell Crowe's Band said:
ladanian tomlinson?
come on, we could get the cash!

on a serious note berrigan and tate.

:lol: lets get Gallop to raise the cap to $5 mill so we can buy him and have a one man team like we currently have with Noddy.

Thomo.

First Grade
anthony Tupou for sure
a quality back - however, we should be blooding some of our young backs - nielsen, raftery, brown (bring him back!)

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
Thomo. said:
anthony Tupou for sure
a quality back - however, we should be blooding some of our young backs - nielsen, raftery, brown (bring him back!)

agreed
would love to see some young guns in the backline

TheShiftyShark said:
ifonli shifounmawena (Can't pass left to right)
lietin upabunga (Dreadful under the high ball)
waishi wierinatupaie (Too slow)

I'd prefer;

Hardi merkini
Willyouwatchme Go Go
Iwantmore Paea

Joel Monaghan must be a big chance ricky got him for Roosters, then got injured, off contract end of year, can play centre.

Michael Ennis off contract, would fix hooker & goal kicker

Anthony Topou he is also big chance to come to sharks

With those signings, we would still have plenty under cap.

Expect Ricky to closely see which players miss Rugby World Cup, and have the talent to play league, he may get us some quality there

carinashark

First Grade
Hannay should have been signed! Oh thats right , they did sign him ! They Just dont want him over Pom or Anderson. ??????

cb4

First Grade
wouldnt mind mognahan or ennis, providing they both stay injuy free, not to keen on shifty, would rather tim smith or ben roberts before him.
what other players from the roosters, maybe wing or anasta?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Why do we need Tupou? We have Bird, Gallen, Thommo and Weirdo as well as a host of others nipping at thei heels.

Yeah Anthony would be nice so we can say we have him but how much more would he really add?

For years now 9,7,6 and 1 have been identified as the area you need your best players in to win this comp.

We lack a gun 9. We lack a gun 7. Our gun 6 is rendered ineffective by our 7. Our 1, whilst doing very well is a stopgap.

Ennis would be handy and he kicks goals as well. Is Priddis available, I'd prefer him if he was.

7 should be Carney who will probably be the next long term Blues half. Too bad he's on contract till the end of 2008. He hasn't got a license to get here anyway :)

I don't think we need to buy a 1 desperately. There's enough kids in the priors to try and see if one can develop.

6 is covered a hundred ways as long as we get a 7.

I think we need another prop. A flesh eating, blood curdling, human smashing animal.

Monaghan covers 9,6 and 7 equally well just quietly. Valuable player who might get shirty if The Ox knocks him out of the 7.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
Joel Monaghan must be a big chance ricky got him for Roosters, then got injured, off contract end of year, can play centre.

Michael Ennis off contract, would fix hooker & goal kicker

Anthony Topou he is also big chance to come to sharks

With those signings, we would still have plenty under cap.

Expect Ricky to closely see which players miss Rugby World Cup, and have the talent to play league, he may get us some quality there

Doubtful

CHAOS said:
Why do we need Tupou? We have Bird, Gallen, Thommo and Weirdo as well as a host of others nipping at thei heels. Weirdo's contract is up this year. Let's upgrade to Tupou.

Yeah Anthony would be nice so we can say we have him but how much more would he really add? More mobility and power. Great offload.

For years now 9,7,6 and 1 have been identified as the area you need your best players in to win this comp.

We lack a gun 9. De Gois could become one We lack a gun 7. How many gun 7's are out there? Our gun 6 is rendered ineffective by our 7. Our 6 is ineffective because he can't stay healthy. Our 1, whilst doing very well is a stopgap. Yes Kearney isn't a classic fullback by any means. Positionally been very bad of late.

Ennis would be handy and he kicks goals as well. Is Priddis available, I'd prefer him if he was. We had our chance at Priddis and knocked him back. Thank brain dead Sharks management for that. Ennis? Saints thought he wasn't up to it. Bennett at the moment thinks he's not up to it. So we should take him as another reject?

7 should be Carney who will probably be the next long term Blues half. Too bad he's on contract till the end of 2008. He hasn't got a license to get here anyway :)
He'll be a Canberra boy for a long time!
I don't think we need to buy a 1 desperately. There's enough kids in the priors to try and see if one can develop. Agreed!

6 is covered a hundred ways as long as we get a 7. We have nothing sensational for a 6 at the moment.

I think we need another prop. A flesh eating, blood curdling, human smashing animal.
That covers O'Meley but looks like he'll be cappucino drinker.

Monaghan covers 9,6 and 7 equally well just quietly. Valuable player who might get shirty if The Ox knocks him out of the 7.
Now your talking. Playing mighty fine and could fix any of the above anytime.