What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who would you most like to meet in this forum?

K

Kiwi

Well there are a few peeps i'd like to meet from here. RoosterGirl of course ( if she is in Brissie on the 19th then I can, so she better be ), Legend, Willow, Ozbash and his better half, Bronco, Pepe, Retread, Brook and her not so better half to name a few.

imported_kier

Juniors
Bedding the Whore......bloody hell that was a great thread!

I haven't met anyone from here yet - although I hope to meet Ozbash and AliN at a warriors game soon.

Of course if anyone's in the south island of NZ.....let me know!

kier,
You poor bastard,you sound like Robinson Crusoe.
Albeit surprising, I'm fairly confident that there is Someone on the Sth island of NZ.

C

CanadianSteve

On another level, the sociologist in me would love the chance to have a full-on f2f natter with Ozbash or Canadian Steve, as I've never set foot off Aussie soil and I'd like to hear about life in a foreign (for me) clime from a couple of quality blokes

Thanks, Kev, I would like to meet you too, and a lot of others here. Meanwhile, your next best bet to learn about Canada would be to go to the KRL site and read the Canadian section.

Bedding the Whore......bloody hell that was a great thread!

I came on to WORL because I'd been looking up rugby union on the web, then became fascinated with the discovery that there were 2 rugby's. That thread taught me a lot about the history of the 2 codes and the bad feelings between them. Unfortunately I think it and a lot of the old threads were lost at the time of the split between WORL and TFS. Am I right in thinking you can't go back and read them? I wonder if anyone here ever copied Bedding the Whore and could paste it here.

imported_kier

Juniors
A shame it got lost - I spent a long time reading and posting on that topic.........do posts automatically get deleted after a certain length of time or would the topic just be lost because of "personal difficulties"?

I'd love the chance to re-read it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
kier, currently, Nine Msn posts do not automatically delete... they have to be deleted deliberately.

In the case of the Nine Msn threads at the WORL forum, the section containing the 'Bedding the whore' thread and others were deleted by MattO following the split with the Footy Show forums.

In fact, almost every section was deleted with only the Dragons forum remaining intact.

R

roostergirl

KIWI:

Which bit of Brissi will you be in & how you getting back to Mackay???
I fly back from Sydney on that day & depends on what you are doing, I will book the flight from Brisaben instead of Cooly....I need to know by Thursday :)

J

Johnsy

Many Many people, I have had the fortune to meet a few.

Of course there would have to be these people helping me down some Dr Browns special lemonade; Kev, Kiwi, Legend, Ozbash, Bronco, El Duque, MFC, Pepe, Roopy, Benny, Roostergirl, & Ms Storm.

Actually come to think of it anyone who is preparde to get on the fluid and have a chat.
embeer.gif

Johnsy

K

Kiwi

RG

I'll be down in Brisbane on the 19th, picking my mum and two sisters up from the Goodearth Hotel. I'll be doing that at about 10ish I would expect. I'll be or can hang around for a few hours, till 2 at the latest. After that I'll be driving back up to Harvey Bay for the night before driving back to Mackay. I can pm you my mobile number at some stage before I leave for Brisbane as well.

Infuzer

Juniors
It makes it somewhat clear to me now how this community came about. I read those threads from the other forum and things look clearer now.
You guys really did have issues over there. Is that place still the same? Under the same management?

O

ozbash

the old WORL used to be a laugh a minute. there were some awesome threads on it,both serious and not serious.
it was owned/run/adjudicated over/dictated by the one and only matty o.
this bloke is the jekal and hyde of net footy forums.
he started out as "mathews world of rugby league" and must have been in the right place at the right time, because these forums became super popular.a very diverse range of posters also helped in its popularity.
there were not a lot of rules to begin with and very few moderators.
as the forums got bigger,so did mattys head.
he used to talk to me a lot on icq, i would try and sort out his seemingly endless list of personal problems,, send nice,touchy-feelly e-mails to him when he had had enough and wanted to end it all.
we used to do live updates for him
he created a space for me on his footy website (probably best footy site in the world,then) called called "the weekly ozbash":D ,it was ok for a while till hoppa decided he had cold fingers and started shoving them up nth qld cowboys arses in an attempt to get them warm.!! this pissed me off a bit so my weekly ozbash was all about hoppa,s need to buy a good set of gloves...
there were lawyers e-mails,players e-mailing me and of course ,matty kicked up a bit of a fuss. reckoned i had tried to destroy his site..
when the "weekly ozbash"started,i was told to be controversial,, so i was.

anyway..... we were still posting on WORL and the law was being laid down about what we could say/talk about and even who we could sling shit at etc...
a new breed of moderators emerged (most sharing mattys passion for power and control) so a few of us thought "bugger this"and left.
i found out about legends attempt to start a forum from someone and kept searching till i found it. and here we are.there were 6 of us i think,, legend,willow,gav,moffo,bronco and moi.

matty still has his site,rleague, its still a good site.
i cant take anything away from him as far as his passion for the game is concerned, its just a shame he,s such a spoilt wanker.
he is surronded by top guys,yakstorm,retread,dolphin matt,are just a few who spring to mind.
without the support and patience of these guys,there would be no rleague and i think matty would fade into insignificance (where he belongs).
i have nothing to do with him now,apart from the occasional piss take. he isnt worth the effort.

he seems to build things up and then destroys them, i,m sure there is a proper psych name for this condition.

that is why there is a good rivalry between lwos/leagueunlimited and rleague. he thinks we stole his posters and we think he is a wanka......
emdgust.gif

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"that is why there is a good rivalry between lwos/leagueunlimited and rleague. he thinks we stole his posters and we think he is a wanka......"

LOL... I used to try and calm the waters... tell people to 'move on' and stop agitating. This was a waste of time because people clearly enjoy talking about the old days.

matto's biggest problem is that he thinks everyone is out to get him. So what does he do? He goes around stuffing everything up and making sure that people dislike him intensely. This somehow justifies his paranoia.

The lies he spread around about peoples in LWOS was crossing the line imo. Ever sincethe contents of matto's secret moderators forum at WORL was exposed, I havent had one ounce of respect for the kid. I forget about it often but every now and then, he pulls out a gem of an innings to remind us all what a wanker he is.

I used to feel sorry for the bloke but now I just reckon he is a child who thrives on attention seeking.