What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club?Jamie Soward or Mitchell Pearce..

Red Bear

Referee
Heard it all now. Soward good in every aspect of his game?

If ever a half is exposed when the forward pack doesnt perform it is Soward, he needs his pack to fire in order to give him time/space to use his excellent kicking game. His running and passing games, however, are pretty damn average, which is why in finals footy last year he struggled big time behind a beaten pack.

To be fair most halves struggle behind a beaten pack, but others are more likely to make up for it with their running and passing games when compared to Soward.

mattyVOK

Bench
lol @ the best part of his game is his kicking hahahaha!!!! He is a better kicker than pearce, runs the ball at the line better, better at passing, better at reading the defence, faster, what else do you need to know? Oh and his defence is alot better this year, maybe that is the only thing pearce is better at than Soward.

Haha yeah and the pope recently converted to Islam!!! I do not know what planet you are living on but there are 1 ½ factual statements in your comment. One being that Soward is faster but they are not wingers or centres so who cares!! The half being that Pearce is "maybe" better in defence. He is 10 times better in defence

mattyVOK

Bench

If ever a half is exposed when the forward pack doesnt perform it is Soward, he needs his pack to fire in order to give him time/space to use his excellent kicking game. His running and passing games, however, are pretty damn average, which is why in finals footy last year he struggled big time behind a beaten pack.

To be fair most halves struggle behind a beaten pack, but others are more likely to make up for it with their running and passing games when compared to Soward.

I 100% agree

typicalfan

Coach
specualting who will be better in a year does not equal who is better now.
Put it this way, if I had to pick one to play in any big game whether it be origin, test or finals footy I would choose the one that isn't Jamie Soward. Give me Mitchell Pearce when the pressure is on the line anyday. Actually it is more like give me <insert any other player here> when the pressure is on over Jamie Soward.

Dragonstyle

Juniors

we lost last year because the whole team didn't play well, not just soward. Your argument is invalid if you think he has no running or passing game, seriously, go and watch some footy.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Would you rather have at your club?

An arrogant 19 year old who's only involvement in the game is to kick the ball.

Or one of the fastest players in the NRL who attacks the line,has good defence especially on the goalline and a great goalkicker.

Just cause Pearce will play origin doesnt make him good.

Was Phil Bailey any good?

Your talking about Soward right?

Gaba

First Grade
Haha yeah and the pope recently converted to Islam!!! I do not know what planet you are living on but there are 1 ½ factual statements in your comment. One being that Soward is faster but they are not wingers or centres so who cares!! The half being that Pearce is "maybe" better in defence. He is 10 times better in defence

disagree when pearce has to tackle the big man like soward does, pearce is ordinary the dragons last year when pearce was defending in the centres made easy bust through pearce, prior scored 2 trys through easy mistakles by pearce

Pearce may be a better defender on the smaller players , but the players the size of what soward is confronted with, pearce is on equal level.

soward takes on the bigger man more then pearce does

Last edited:

Dragonstyle

Juniors
Haha yeah and the pope recently converted to Islam!!! I do not know what planet you are living on but there are 1 ½ factual statements in your comment. One being that Soward is faster but they are not wingers or centres so who cares!! The half being that Pearce is &quot;maybe&quot; better in defence. He is 10 times better in defence

you argued pearce was better and what makes part of a footballer is physicality and I stated he was faster. Or do we just measure them on what you think? He is better in defence I agreed, what else do you have? lol

Dragonstyle

Juniors
Put it this way, if I had to pick one to play in any big game whether it be origin, test or finals footy I would choose the one that isn't Jamie Soward. Give me Mitchell Pearce when the pressure is on the line anyday. Actually it is more like give me <insert any other player here> when the pressure is on over Jamie Soward.

thats why you will never be a coach :)

chrisD

Coach
Without Carney the Roosters would be fighting it out with Cronulla again this season, and few would have given Pearce all this undeserved attention.

6. Soward
7. Carney

Red Bear

Referee
we lost last year because the whole team didn't play well, not just soward. Your argument is invalid if you think he has no running or passing game, seriously, go and watch some footy.
I didnt say he had no running/passing game. I just said it is average, when compared to other halves.

adamkungl

Immortal
lol @ the best part of his game is his kicking hahahaha!!!! He is a better kicker than pearce, runs the ball at the line better, better at passing, better at reading the defence, faster, what else do you need to know? Oh and his defence is alot better this year, maybe that is the only thing pearce is better at than Soward.

It's quite clear that you only watch Dragons games. Soward is faster...might have a longer kick.

Gaba

First Grade
I didnt say he had no running/passing game. I just said it is average, when compared to other halves.
the only halves combo which is better then the dragons this year would be the storm

majority of the other teams including roosters are average

typicalfan

Coach
thats why you will never be a coach :)
There are much more important factors as to why I would never become an NRL coach than me choosing Pearce over Soward.

Nathan Brown was an NRL coach and he chose Ben Rogers over Jamie Soward.... remember ;-)

Soward has been poor this year anyway, Hornby has been the form half of the two.

mattyVOK

Bench
you argued pearce was better and what makes part of a footballer is physicality and I stated he was faster. Or do we just measure them on what you think? He is better in defence I agreed, what else do you have? lol

I agreed he was faster. For their positions though speed in open space really does not mean much. If you are referring to speed in terms of quick bursts at the line or scrambling in defence I think Pearce is quick enough.

As to you asking what else I have, I already posted some of his stats on Saturday night and asked you to provide a time when Soward showed similar stats, you have failed to do that.

Dragonstyle

Juniors
It's quite clear that you only watch Dragons games. Soward is faster...might have a longer kick.

No I watch as many other games as I can and always tune in to see the roosters fail, it gives me joy. Always good for infighting those roosters.

Latest posts