What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather play?

dragonfan1

Juniors
Raiders. If we can beat them, then there's no reason why we can't win the grand final. As some have already said, they are somewhat similar to the 09 Eels. We must break the Canberra curse now.

Cagey Mac

Bench
The Tigers for mine
Sure we have better chance of beating them but we owe them one too and their pack is smaller and we’re likely to end up in better shape for the GF if they give us a light training run in the prelim

I hope the match on Friday night goes into copious extra time and the winning team feels as cocky as some of the people on this forum.

It will be a big effort if the Tigers get up but they have the side that can really worry u and win- if Canberra win it i dont know if you will be able to stop their momentum that pack is a monster one and their backs can really capitalise on this.

RedVDave

First Grade
Well the Tigpies are busted struggling badly with injuries and Raiders are surely due for a loss soon.

I have no prefrence though I just want to win! I think revenge is a huge motive regardless of who we play.

hardbaby

Coach
If we play the Tigers we can beat them in the forwards and the backs and it is a pretty easy win. If we play against the Raiders we have 10 years worth of proof that they beat us in the forwards and we hope to beat them in the backs (hard to do without good quality ball). So as much as I admire the optimism of this thread, GO THE BLOODY TIGERS!!

hardbaby

Coach
If we play the Tigers we can beat them in the forwards and the backs and it is a pretty easy win. If we play against the Raiders we have 10 years worth of proof that they beat us in the forwards and we hope to beat them in the backs (hard to do without good quality ball). So as much as I admire the optimism of this thread, GO THE BLOODY TIGERS!!

Cagey Mac

Bench

Sshh!

saint06

Juniors
I'd like to see us meet the tigers. Think there is some sort of payback needed.

If Canberra go through, then heaven help us - we may struggle.

TheRev

First Grade
Just enjoy the game tonight, nothing better than a guaranteed week off, and watching your opposition(s) smash eachother senseless in sudden-death football.

Rocket

Juniors
Tonight I'll be sitting right above the tunnel where the Raiders come on and off for their warmup.

So who gets the Wile E Coyote style anvil :)

RedVDave

First Grade
Big Nev certainley does not seem to mind who we play:

Bring on the bogey boys, says Neville Costigan
Dragons enforcer Neville Costigan is not concerned about tackling bogey teams Canberra or Wests Tigers in the preliminary final next week declaring they can "wipe them off the park".
The minor premiers will run headlong into either the Raiders - who have had a firm hold over St George Illawarra - or 2005 conquerors the Tigers at ANZ Stadium on Saturday week.
In their past 10 matches against the two sides, the Dragons have won only twice.

But Costigan said his side wouldn't even watch tomorrow night's Canberra Stadium clash on television, claiming it was more important to freshen up for the preliminary final by avoiding the anxious wait to see who their opponents will be.
"I know it won't worry me, it won't worry the boys either," Costigan said.
"It doesn't matter who we play, bogey team or not, we'll go out there 100 per cent and try and wipe them off the park.
"[Canberra have] been going pretty good the last couple of months and if we play them, or whoever we play, nothing will change."
Canberra have won 11 of their past 12 games against St George Illawarra since 2003, including a crushing 32-16 victory in the national capital last month.
Fans of the injury-hit Tigers will hold special memories of the 2005 preliminary final triumph over raging favourites the Dragons on their way to the premiership.
But Costigan said he wouldn't be sweating on tomorrow night's result.
"I think all the boys just want to get away from footy really and relax and not think about footy too much," he said.
"Obviously we've got a big game the week after and we don't want to keep thinking footy, footy, footy, you know."
Costigan made 13 runs for an impressive 116m in the 28-0 demolition of Manly at WIN Jubilee Oval on Sunday, as well as a season-high five tackle breaks.
He sat out the training session at WIN Stadium yesterday to rest a knee problem, but is adamant he will be fit for the grand final qualifier at ANZ Stadium in nine days time.
The 25-year-old said victory over the Sea Eagles last weekend was important to bury his side's 2009 finals failure, when they bowed out with losses to Parramatta and Brisbane. "You try not to think about it too much, or I don't anyway," Costigan said. "But it's always in the back of your head, [about] letting the fans and your team-mates down."

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...bogey-boys-says-neville-costigan/1943008.aspx

Last edited: