What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather play?

Ulysseus

Bench
Love the selective word print, at the top of the article it was "wipe them off the park" yet in Neville's own words it was "try and wipe them off the park".

Love the selective word print, at the top of the article it was "wipe them off the park" yet in Neville's own words it was "try and wipe them off the park".

Agree strongly.

Bloody journo's.

There is a pretty big difference between we will wipe em off the park and we will try to wipe em off the park. Par for the course though.

smi962

First Grade
Going into the grand final qualifier in 99, we had a pretty poor record against the sharks (well at least that year). I remember being at the game and being not so confident, even at half time.

Going into the grand final qualifier in 99, we had a pretty poor record against the sharks (well at least that year). I remember being at the game and being not so confident, even at half time.

Well .... from memory we WE'RE down 8 nil at half time.

TheRev

First Grade
Balmain - being flash and risky means nothing against a brick wall defence

We should dominate, but Balmain can be a bit unpredictable, we certainly dont want them getting off to one of those starts that they ave the past 2 weeks, and chase 12 or 18 pts.

Definitely be very confident going into next week though, we wont leak points like Canberra, but im sure Balmain are a better side than they appear to be.. they finished 3rd and put some good teams away.

j0nesy

Bench
It will be a good game. Tigers coming off two hard games. With us coming off 1 easy game and a week off. It could go either way. 1st vs 3rd, I think the winner will take out the title.

Balmain Bug

Juniors
Its Wests Tigers not Balmain you dumb ass gronks. We are a 50/50 partnership who have won a Grand Final, unlike yourselves.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Tackling from both sides last night was very poor. Though the tigers are a good team they will not get such easy tries against us.

Go the dragons! :)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last night the Tigers were average, but keeping in mind they had several players with injury clouds over them. The fact they got through unscathed, gives them an extra week to recover.

You won't be playing the Tigers of last night, moreso a more fitter, helthier confident version.

I agree with the sentiments in here, if the Dragons let in at least 2 early tries, they could struggle to win the game. However if their defence can stifle the tigers early, and they get the first try, Tigers will panic and struggle to get the upper hand.

The Tigers had a smarter game plan last night, played wide of the Raiders props all night, effectively removing their input out of the game.

I wouldn't be surprise if a similar tactic is used to take the Dragons back row out of their match. A lot of teams don't rate the Tigers forwards and they do so at their own peril. Dragons need to prepare for their toughest forward battle yet. Not because their will be one, but because it will be essential for them to win. Tigers forwards aren't dominating (except Ellis and Galloway) but they are honest toilers and very fit, so they won't drop their intensity for the whole match. Tigers are always a good chance to outperform their opponents in the second half because of this.

Anyone who thinks it'll be a cakewalk is seriously kidding themselves. Just look at how many people in this thread predicted the raiders to win last night. Shows you a lot about the Tigers commitment and ability that their injury ravaged rabble could pick up a win in Canberra's home.

In all objectiveness, I really cannot think who will win this. The pre-match drama will focus on 2005 and that will be hard for the Dragons to ignore. The media will also be banging on about choking Dragons etc etc. The players will have to use that stuff as a motivator, not letting it create negativity in their heads. If they move away from what has worked so well all year they'll lose.

Nothing fancy, just good disciplined football and solid defence will win them the game. If your defence doesn't rush up at Marshall or Farah, they'll frustrate them.