What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who'd you support before the merge ?

I supported...

• Total voters
St. George, Baby. Saints til I croak.

1 of 7 (6 boys) born in St.George Hospital.

Brought up in filthy Shark territory, but the best holidays down south in Gerringong.

Lot's of League love with Cronin's Pub and Wishart's Chemist.

Sharing barrells with Rod Wishart at the north end of Werri Beach warmed me to the merge.

It could of been so much worse, and I had a love for the Illawarra already with Johnny Simon rippin' sh*t up.

I have embraced the merge. If you loved St.George, there was no option.

We are St.George Illawarra Dragons.

I have great mates that I have met through the Melbourne Based Dragons Supporters Club (MBDS) that are from Wollongong that have embraced this team just like I have, from different origins, with different memories, but a common goal, A Premiership.

It was a merge, it happened , it could have been a lot worse, let's move on.

I have got a dead set firm one about next year.

GO YOU SAINTS!!!

(P.S: I'll still call them Saints and I don't care.)

paulyt

Juniors
St George - 29 - 87.88%
Illwarra - 4 - 12.12%

Can't they afford internet in Wollongong?

Benny

First Grade
St.George since 1990

I remember sitting behind the posts at The English Street end near the good old toilet block and my earliest memory is the great Ricky Walford and thinking how f^ckin big are his thighs.

Used to love going to the games in my full Dragons kit - shorts, socks, jumper and sometimes even boots.

Also remember the first night games and sliding down the back of the hill on cardboard boxes as the pre match entertainment.

Those were the days!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ouch :lol:

This is very much a pro-St George forum, I don't think it's representative of the entire JV supporter base.
Or maybe its just a fair reflection of the supporter base. How many posters in the pro-Illawarra forum?

Dave Q

Coach
I always thought more highly of the Steelers than the Saints.

McGregor, Timmins, Wishart, Gregory, Rodwell, Schiffiliti, Lindner, Bolt, McIndoe, Girdler...

Wholesome heroes.

They had the wood on the Saints, Brisbane and Souths for ages.

They should never had merged and like the Saints, have had their history officially exterminated, not that any of the league fans buy that fanciful fiction.

Give 'em a taste of Steel.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Wow Dave... revisionist history... from you? I thought only trolls did that.

Dave Q

Coach
Wow Dave... revisionist history... from you? I thought only trolls did that.

Souths were the only ones found alive in the bottom of the heap in the gas chambers willow.

Wicked nazi regime, the jews and others suffered terribly. We should never forgive or forget.

Potsie

Juniors
Saints forever!!!! Hate the merger. Hate WIN stadium. Cannot wait for the merge to end. No more of this Steeler "near enough is good enough" attitude

SAINTS!!!

Juniors
Saints
I remember sitting in the grandstand at Kogarah(No Jokes) as it was called back in 1998 or 1999(not to sure cause i was like 6 or 7 years old) and seeing blacklock and mundine absolutely tear up canberra and do those flippin sommersaults all over the place. That year was the last of our great winning days, now we find it preety tough to keep consistent like a manly or melbourne. Hopefully that is all about to change.

j0nesy

Bench
Or maybe its just a fair reflection of the supporter base.

What that we "can't afford internet in Wollongong" or that 87% of the members of this forum supported St George before the merger?

How many posters in the pro-Illawarra forum?

How would I know I'm not a member of a "pro-Illawarra" forum?

Latest posts