What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's afraid of the AFL, asks Titans boss Michael Searle

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
I was thinking the same about a march. Maybe in support of an IC rather than an anti-AFL or anti-News theme. You know you're actually a pretty intelligent guy Ronny when you get past your irrational hatred for all things Manly.

Cletus

A big pro-independence march that proved to News Limited that a massive amount of people want them out of rugby league. Very powerful publicity - and news would hate that.

Oh - and hatred for Manly can never be irrational. It is logical, undeniable and highly justifiable.

Cletus

A big pro-independence march that proved to News Limited that a massive amount of people want them out of rugby league. Very powerful publicity - and news would hate that.

Oh - and hatred for Manly can never be irrational. It is logical, undeniable and highly justifiable.

you still banging on over this.

come what may, worry wort

Magumba

Juniors
Let's get the fly wheel moving everyone. Get the word out, get to the media (every form), get support of club supporter groups.

Magumba

Juniors
STEP 1: Sign the petition I've started if you believe in our game and want an NRL Commission to run it..... As I dont have enough posts to post a link yet you can find it at gopetitions and it's number 37051.

If someone else can post it.... cheers !!!!

Last edited:

Jamberoo

Juniors
The fact is that most people love and follow the sport they grow up with. Those (like myself) who grew up with both, can love both.
The AFL only has more money because it has always been run better.
No-one that understands both sports would argue that it is a better game to watch - especially on TV.
NRL is a perfect TV sport and it is rediculous that the TV rights are so much lower than AFL and that the NRL has no leverage with CH9 - aside from SOO & GF the only RL games on FTA in Melbourne before midnight is if Storm is in a Prelim. That's a max of 5 each year.

And by the way...

I think that this is more of a Sydney V Melbourne war than a AFL V NRL war.
Here in Melbourne most people speak positively about RL, watch Origin & hope the Storm does well and it was big news and disappointment to most sports fans not just RL fans when the Storm got busted.

I reckon you Sydney people are not afraid of the sport of Aust Rules, but that the culture of Melbourne will spread if AR speads.

What I loved about watching the Storm at Olympic Park was that it was old school RL, at the new stadium it is more comfortable but nit nearly as much fun. Having said that - Storm crowds will average 20K next year.

Pubes

Nice work. You didn't post 1,000 words of dribble. It's still dribble - but not too long.

haha buddy you have constipation of the ideas but diarrhea of the mouth.

you have said nothing new, and you fear afl

you big pussy

and a march in brisbane? 100k,

you sound schizophrenic to me.....delusions of grandeur....i bet you dream that stuff all the time, a quirky edgy attitude, and you repel people. go get a check up (no really) its for your health (my opinion) go for it....just do it.

you only have everything to gain.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Most people dont understand what the commission is or even understand the current ownership situation of the NRL. Especially the target market of Facebook.

hutch

First Grade
i dont want a commission with blokes such as gallop and love involved, i want an independent commission with people who have rugby league best interests at heart!

Magumba

Juniors
i dont want a commission with blokes such as gallop and love involved, i want an independent commission with people who have rugby league best interests at heart!

100% agree with you hutch. At the moment they all want to have their own part to play in a commission. That's why we as fans need to step in to make sure the process is managed clearly with the good of the game the number 1 priority and not the lining of pockets.

We need a cmmission that is indipendent and we as fans need to step in to get it going.