What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's in Las Vegas 2025

Who are the 4 clubs opening in Las Vegas 2025

• Panthers

• Storm

• Knights

• Raiders

• Sharks

• Eels

• Bulldogs

• Dragons

• Titans

• Cowboys

• Warriors

• Tigers

• Dolphins

Results are only viewable after voting.

MugaB

Coach
Who are you combos for next seasons opening,
I have ommitted this years 4 clubs, although there might be some discussion around how they are filling the last years (5th year) spot considering all clubs are going over there, or are they hoping that they get to 20 teams by then?
I've picked my team Panthers purely coz the stadium rebuild happening, will see them wanting to take as many home games elsewhere as possible, also picked the storm as a good rival for them
Then the Raiders and Knights purely coz they are the local teams in Vegas being the LV Raiders and Golden Knights

Try and jot down any reasoning fellas

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Panthers for the reason you mentioned

Warriors to add to the international flavour

Dragons for that historic, identifiable club (a decent season this year would help)

Either storm or one of the QLD teams for the last spot.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm going a bit different.

One of the 2024 teams, probably Souths, to return in '25 just to give some continuity. I say souths been of the Russell Crowe link and their history.

Penrith. We want to showcase league at its best you need to send your best team and player.

Parramatta. Not all Americans like a winner, especially American sports fans and parra's story is a good one. It doesn't hurt that they are one of the games most popular teams.

Titans or Cowboys, whoever performs best in '24. Queensland team, shows the breadth of our competition.

I'd have parra or Penrith return in '26 with the Warriors, dragons and storm.

MugaB

Coach
I'm going a bit different.

One of the 2024 teams, probably Souths, to return in '25 just to give some continuity. I say souths been of the Russell Crowe link and their history.

Penrith. We want to showcase league at its best you need to send your best team and player.

Parramatta. Not all Americans like a winner, especially American sports fans and parra's story is a good one. It doesn't hurt that they are one of the games most popular teams.

Titans or Cowboys, whoever performs best in '24. Queensland team, shows the breadth of our competition.

I'd have parra or Penrith return in '26 with the Warriors, dragons and storm.
Oh yeah like a link to the next chain, what happens in '26 then? surely souths don't go again, or do they pick someone from the 2 lot of '25 to chain over to '26

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Oh yeah like a link to the next chain, what appen in '26 then surely souths don't go again, or do they pick someone from the 2 lot of '25 to chain over to '26
You have souths play parra and then parra goes back in '26 and play Melbourne, Melbourne go back in '27.

Teams are just examples

MRN

Juniors
I think at least two teams return for some continuity / consistency to help establish it.
Broncos and Souths.
Souths for the Crowe connection. Broncos for the ratings.
Unless they willingly opt out.
Joining them I think will be Panthers and Dolphins.
After that they may chop and change but I think next year is about consistency.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I think if any team remains from this year it will be us given that we've had the most fans travel (at least that's what's been reported). But it might depend on who has sold more corporate packages, which might be Crowe to his other fat mates.

Warriors - I think their fans would travel, and the All Blacks are pretty popular in the US so you could probably (hopefully) draw a few of them.

Penrith - As AG said, best team of the decade, with the best player. They should be there.

Whoever does the best out of Parramatta and the Bulldogs would be fun. I think they'd bring a lot of fans.

Chimp

Bench
Do we know the dates for next year? Be good to start looking at flights for those that fancy it.

Iamback

Coach
I think at least two teams return for some continuity / consistency to help establish it.
Broncos and Souths.
Souths for the Crowe connection. Broncos for the ratings.
Unless they willingly opt out.
Joining them I think will be Panthers and Dolphins.
After that they may chop and change but I think next year is about consistency.

Not sure having more Brisbane teams than Sydney teams works.

85% of the Journos live here, Gotta keep them keen to get the publicity.

I think 2 Sydney teams
Storm/Dolphins/Broncos
Then a regional team is a good mix

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I don’t think continuity means anything. It makes no sense to take any of the same teams unless they really do want to be blatantly obvious they are playing favourites.

Pick the next 4 that want to go, don’t send a club that has already gone. Do something they promised to do for once and get it done.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
4 teams have gone. If 3 new teams go in each of the next 3 years, 13 teams have gone over in 4 years. In the 5th year the 4 remaining teams go, no double ups.

It's still early so if that's incorrect apologies.

MugaB

Coach
That works, its sound, but you're forgetting one thing, the 18th club will be around by the time LVyear4 and 5 are still opening the NRL