What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's our next priority Re-signing??

Freak2

Juniors
Europe have chased him quite hard and he has always said that it is a priority for him to look after his family first and foremost. If, when? ;-), Nathan goes then he could be persuaded to stay by increasing his salary quite substantially. That said the likelihood is that the money on offer from England will be quite enticing.

32 in February

Not much left in the tank I would suggest.

Especially after a GF victory in 2010!!!;-)

Jodeci

Bench
I keep hearing that the interest from the dogs is in fact very strong and he is very keen for a change in scenery.

Problem with this is eventhough i know the guys giving me this info do have close ties with the doggies, i have no idea how credible these so called 'sources' are so i am not saying the above is true or intense or whatever.

Put simply i was just wondering if stags or someone could shed some light on this at all?

It is actually true at this stage unfortunately though it's still very early in the peace.

mickdo

Coach
The UK is not the rich pasture it was. I'm not convinced that players are going to be as keen on going over there any more.

As for Mateo, I heard a rumour that he is going to Zimbabwean Rugby. Headless chooks the lot of you...

The Colonel

Immortal
The UK is not the rich pasture it was. I'm not convinced that players are going to be as keen on going over there any more.

It will be richer pasture for the top players. The reduction in the players allowed will see the ESL targetting everyone but the fringe first graders they have in the past......

Craig Johnston

First Grade
kk feleti and morts

fui fui is aging and won't be missed when mannah reaches potential, inu won't be getting an upgrade so i don't see how that's important

mickdo

Coach
It will be richer pasture for the top players. The reduction in the players allowed will see the ESL targetting everyone but the fringe first graders they have in the past......

It's not just that. The tax loophole in the UK has been closed as well so those players will not be able to earn us much as in the past.

yy_cheng

Coach
what happens if mortz suffers from 2nd year syndrome and the other teams have worked him out, would you still put him on the high priority list?

For mine, Mateo as we do not have an organizing dominant halfback or 5/8th.

Then Fui unless one of Mannah or the others step up more.

Poore replacing Fui for mine is not enough. Yes we went well this year with 2 main props. But if one goes down, well we will struggle badly,

The Colonel

Immortal
It's not just that. The tax loophole in the UK has been closed as well so those players will not be able to earn us much as in the past.

The conversion rate is still reasonable though and will off set some of the tax loophole. I don't think ESL will have the pull it has had but there will still be some that see it as an easier two or three seasons at the end of their careers.....

Fui!!!

Juniors
These 4: KK, Mortimer, Inu, Mateo

As much as I love Fui, he is getting old. He has a good year left in him. Best let him go to the UK then when he can earn heaps. By 2011 We should have a couple of the younger props ready to step up to cover Fui and Caylo.

jk13

First Grade
for mine, poore is cayless replacement. definitely mateo is the one to retain.

Parra Bellum

Juniors
I keep hearing that the interest from the dogs is in fact very strong and he is very keen for a change in scenery.

Problem with this is eventhough i know the guys giving me this info do have close ties with the doggies, i have no idea how credible these so called 'sources' are so i am not saying the above is true or intense or whatever.

Put simply i was just wondering if stags or someone could shed some light on this at all?

I've been hearing the same thing from my Bulldogs mates but when I asked at our end, I was told that it was possible for one of our good players to head to the Bulldogs but that Mateo wasn't the most likely contender.

Gronk

Staff member
I've been hearing the same thing from my Bulldogs mates but when I asked at our end, I was told that it was possible for one of our good players to head to the Bulldogs but that Mateo wasn't the most likely contender.

They made it clear that they were after INU! but since then signed Steve Turner. I read a report a week or so back that Turner will be 1st choice GK after intense tutoring by Hazam. So maybe the need for Inu has lessened somewhat.

Parra Bellum

Juniors
They made it clear that they were after INU! but since then signed Steve Turner. I read a report a week or so back that Turner will be 1st choice GK after intense tutoring by Hazam. So maybe the need for Inu has lessened somewhat.

In that case, where would you play Inu in 2010 and at whose expense? Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him stay, I think he is a very valuable player on and off the field.

mickdo

Coach
The conversion rate is still reasonable though and will off set some of the tax loophole. I don't think ESL will have the pull it has had but there will still be some that see it as an easier two or three seasons at the end of their careers.....

That won't last. Commodities are fuelling the $A at the moment but as other economies emerge from recession it will fall back.

H0WZAT

Juniors
We can't afford to lose both Cayless and Fui in 2011. Keeping Fui should be a priority. Upgrade him to what Cayless is on now, should be enough for him to stay another 2 years.

Mateo and Morts are the other 2 priorities, and in that order.

KK and Inu are not priorities at all, easily replaceable.

ROGUE

Juniors
We can't afford to lose both Cayless and Fui in 2011. Keeping Fui should be a priority. Upgrade him to what Cayless is on now, should be enough for him to stay another 2 years.

Mateo and Morts are the other 2 priorities, and in that order.

KK and Inu are not priorities at all, easily replaceable.

For most part i agree, but we should show some commonsense with fui cos if i'm not mistaken he'll be 32 by 2011

Latest posts