What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why aren't we making profits?

saint.nick

Coach
Last time I was at Rebel Bondi it was full of Dragons gear, almost no Roosters kit. This was prolly back in 2011 though.

Because they're a bunch of fairweather softcocks who grew up watching Union anyway...their tv membership ads that play on my tv every second make me sick.

Damo!

Juniors
...their tv membership ads that play on my tv every second make me sick.

OMG, I've seen those, they are the worst!!

Only club with a prime time ad campaign on TV and they can't even get more members than the bloody Dragons!! and that's after taking home all the marbles last year.

dino2170

Juniors
cause the club looks tired and not for 2014.

cause of the performances on the field

cause of our player selection

cause of the insane idea of playing a five eighth with a half that should be on the reserves bench

cause playing players out of their natural positions

and cause of a coach that says we were working hard on attack in the off season

ek999

First Grade
But are those facilities owned by the club or is it space that is rented out. I'm very sure that Canterbury Leagues relies a lot on poker machines as does every other club in NSW. Souths Leagues tried to go a pokie free route and now they are no longer. Also the demographics of Campsie have changed dramatically over the past 20 years. For example 20 years ago it was mainly Lebanese and Greeks living there now it is Asians. Also having family that live in the Canterbury Bankstown District I can tell you the local pubs are very bad where if you do live in that area and it is a very big area you have 3 options:

Revesby Workers
Bankstown Sports
Canterbury Leagues

And they are all quite a fair distance away from each other. I used to live in Hurstville and I had a choice of 5 pubs/clubs to have a beer at and then there were the licenced establishments in neighbouring suburbs like Penshurst and Allawah

I'm fairly confident in saying that the Bulldogs own everything in the Leagues Club

saint.nick

Coach
OMG, I've seen those, they are the worst!!

Only club with a prime time ad campaign on TV and they can't even get more members than the bloody Dragons!! and that's after taking home all the marbles last year.

Have you noticed that they've only been on air in the past 2 weeks or so? It looks a tad desperate to me. If they always wanted to launch a strong mass media campaign, they would have started this way back last year. I bet they've seen how well Souths are going, and how well we are going compared to them, and thought, 'shit, we need to get desperate.'

Saintsified

Bench
Bulldogs area is more ethnic than St George they dont have an issue with it and any thriving.

We just had no foresight simple as that.

Latest posts