What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Cant We Have 4 New Teams In 2013

_Johnsy

Referee
The epicentre of the rugby league universe (Brisbane) could sustain 4 new teams alone, surely.

_Johnsy

Referee
Eastern Cronulla, Central Cronulla, Southern Cronulla, Northern Cronulla.

Take it in turns for the headlines, blame the other Cronulla. Problem solved.

bobmar28

Bench
No, alot of that is due to the fact the NRL has done nothing in Perth so RL has little relationship with the Govt, and in all honesty the WA Govt probably sees that it already has most major sports so doesn't need the NRL. Only help we will get is in the stadium redevelopment but that is more due to the ARU than us. NRL are not a proactive org like other codes have so don't seemingly actively court Govt funding and spend the time building relationships with Govt.

If we ever run out of things to dig out of the ground then we will need to promote WA as a great holiday destination and I can see an NRL team being a great vehicle to do that to the Eastern states, but that may be some time off yet!

Sydney has all major sports and yet it seems the ACT government is about to invest millions in a western Sydney AFL team. I wonder how much they give the Raiders?

Last edited:

HardcoreWally

Juniors
Gosford, I don't get it.

I've been to Sydney many times.
I've been to Newcastle a few times.
And I've been to Gosford once.
Travelled by train all times to Newcastle & Gosford.

Gosford doesn't seem that far from Newcastle to me. Or even Sydney for that matter.
Surely it's not that hard for them to travel to EnergyAustralia.

Or is it that I'm from Perth and everything is a million miles away :p