What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do the Brumbies out do the Raiders in crowd numbers?

BradtheRipper

Juniors
i don't drink dude, just letting out what i seen at the raiders for the last five years. i would of said the same to a man. man!

100 cent's so i can give them to him in penny's to show how all he is caring about is money!
he confronted me, i never go out to attack anyone!

Stay Green!

jed

First Grade
true words #1 - we all need to unite against our common enemy: brett finch.

Raider_69

Post Whore
yea i agree though
poor form brad, but as #1 said, we are all raiders fans here and those corpo unions girls arnt worth argueing about :mrgreen:

jed

First Grade
long words? which ones? the only word over 2 syllables was "enemy", and I know you're smarter than a brumby supporter, and thus you know what it means. :)

Rohan

Juniors
jed said:
true words #1 - we all need to unite against our common enemy: brett finch.

Now I really hate to put the boot into Finch :lol: but I saw a rumour in the Herald today re the Roosters attempting to sign Matt Orford and move Finch to 5/8.

I know alot of those rumours are rubbish but the fact that they are even popping up says that he is far from indispensable at the Roosters.

Karmichael Hunt

Juniors
about the alcohol consumption, its not only because of the private boxes being full and crowd numbers being higher, their postmatch functions at the western corporate lounge are always full to capacity (and the reason most of the suits go to the game). They also have the'bundy bar' which stays open well after the game with a couple of hundred people hanging around.

A big difference i see at the two different codes is the number of people who actually watch the game. When i walk around outside the stadium at the brumbies i am constantly running into people and walking through kids games of football. At the raiders all the kids manage to sit down and watch the game and the area outside is fairly empty.

greeneyed

First Grade
The comparison was per head alcohol consumption. Not more alcohol consumption because of different levels of attendance. The union crowd drinks significantly more per person than the Raiders crowd. It isn't surprising as they are not there for the football, but for "the event".