What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do they keep picking on us?

princessjen

Juniors
And while your at it show me some proof that we are cheating the cap....every other supporter is coming out and saying it
um i said:
I personally dont think the roosters are over the cap
i already said i dont think they're over the cap

i can also see why you argue with people a lot; because people argue with you a lot. I don't think its right for them to do this, I don't agree with it being roosters fans vs every other teams fans, i was just saying how i see it as a fan of another club.

Dont make the stupid mistake of believing Easts want to scrap the cap

Oh i never said the roosters want to get rid of the cap, i was talking about the fans wanting saying they want it gone

I have no problem with roosters fans :D and i realise it must be really annoying people always ripping you off because I see it all the time in the NRL forum, theres just a minority that kill it for the rest of you (both roosters fans and non-roosters fans)

princessjen

Juniors
Quote:

Why is it that fans from other clubs keep picking on us?

cos u run like girls & u sit down to pee!
a perfect example of the drivel you are talking about :p :p :p <<edit

m0j0

Bench
princessjen said:
Quote:

a perfect example of the drivel you are talking about

Don't worry jen. It's from an old Bloodhound Gang song. I understand you're still in school and as such, I can forgive you for not having heard it.

But why's everbody always pickin' on me?
Cause ya wore velour flares until the late Eighties
Cause you run like a girl and sit down to pee
Cause your only school chum was the lunch lady
You took your mom to the prom but still got lucky

princessjen

Juniors
princessjen wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

a perfect example of the drivel you are talking about

Don't worry jen. It's from an old Bloodhound Gang song. I understand you're still in school and as such, I can forgive you for not having heard it.
i know, i was just joking. let me put a poking out tongue face in there
There are some things i dont get on these forums (when someone likened willie masons haircut to "Mr T"'s who i had never heard of, but i actually have heard that song :lol:

m0j0

Bench
Fair enough princess. Sorry for being so presumptuous.
As for Mr. T:
ba2.jpg

Personally, I don't see the resemblance.

BTW, The drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm! :D

princessjen

Juniors
Fair enough princess. Sorry for being so presumptuous.
thats ok, sorry for not making it more obvious that i was joking
As for Mr. T:

Personally, I don't see the resemblance.
remember when willie mason had his hair shaved on either side of his head and he had a strip down the middle?

m0j0

Bench
Yeah...I'd forgotten about that. I think my memory had been affected by the trauma. :shock:

Bubbles

Juniors
I have a question to pose to the people who have jumped on to tell us why we're so hated. I keep hearing about how the fans are arrogant, how the players are arrogant etc. As far as the fans are concerned, I think it's been covered adequately in that every fan base has its elements, and to lump every Rooster supporter under the same banner is unfair and unjust and I personally am getting a little sick of hearing about how horrible and hated I am because I happen to go for the Chooks.

Sorry, got a bit sidetracked there, because the question I really would like answered if at all possible, is exactly what makes the players arrogant? Reason I ask is that having played sports for many years I hold humility as being a cornerstone of good sportsmanship and therefore am always aware of how the players conduct themselves and I can't really recall Rooster players being arrogant. So, how are the arrogant?

This intrigues me for two reasons, 1) that there are players from other teams who come across as being far more arrogant, i.e. a couple of Penrith players have mouthed off about themselves and their team and yet not a damn thing is said about the Panthers being arrogant, and 2) could it be that other fans are so blinded by hatred that they will construe anything that comes out of Roosters' mouths, whether it be from fans or players, as being arrogant, therefore putting anyone associated with the club in a no-win situation?

BTW, that landing strip hair-style of Willie's was a shocker #-o .

Misanthrope

Staff member
Man, I loved Willie's hair. About the only time in my life I haven't started sharpening a knife the moment he came on air. :p