What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do we hate the Bulldogs again?

^ Pando

retired
Colonel Eel said:
^ Pando said:
Admit it. You lot still haven't gotten over the '98 qualifier when we came from behind to beat you in extra time.

My best mate is an Eels supporter, and he still bitches about the day Parramatta showed how they play in the big matches. :lol:

That was the last finals game you won wasn't it? ;-)

Not quite, but you aren't far off. :?

We'll be in the finals this year though. ;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Misty Bee said:
Eelementary, forgiven if you have missed the troubled times that shall never be forgiven.

I recall a lot of the drama being whipped up between the 2 admins before a big clash between 84 -86 ish. AT Belmore, the Dogs fans were sometimes pretty nasty (well, certain elements of), and Parra, being thrice premiers, were quite cocky. There was a hell ofa lot of banter and tension between the sides. I also recall ther was a big media 'story' of an ongoing fued between Mortimer and Sterling, which both reckoned was garbage. The most that occurred between the 2, who shared the test halfback job when politics didn't give it to a far less deserving queenslander, was Sterlo's head-high flattening of Mortimer when the latter was doing a chip and chase close to our line in the 86 decider. The resulting penalty, right in front, gave Canterbury their 2 points for the day.

Since trhen, the clubs have been on the opposite sides of the fence in just about every issue. Canterbury were instrumantal in the start of Super League - and the way Anderson and Moore carried on that year - eg threatening to demote Dean Pay to Metro Cup for pulling out of the deal - was dispicable. Parra, of course, stayed on the right side, away from the evil SL forces, which Canterbury jumped straight into bed with.

Ever since then, Parra have been a model side off the field, while Canterbury have been a disaster off it.

Gee.

That is a truly great rivalry.

How come the NRL can't see this and doesn't give us two regular games against them every year?

Even if we sucked, I'd go watch us play our old nemesis.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Why do i hate Canterbury??, try living in the shit stain suburb for 20 years and try comming out of it without that stench attached to you.

Never use to mind the Bulldogs, played junior reps for them, alot of mates were Canterbury fans and we got on great, the other fans made me hate them, also the previous shit officals and one arse who's hopefully in hell, but yet made out to be a gentleman :roll:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
f**k Mr George anyway, he's just a one word cream pie, probably playing grabarse with the other Canterbury supositries.

Dog-E

Juniors
bartman said:
But Ray Price did do a pretty good job of stopping Mark Bugden in Sepetmber 1986, if you watch the tape. :D

1986??...Why, what on Earth happened in 1986? :shock:

...I currently have a touch of the concussive post-traumatic amnesias...bugger of thing so it is, and I can't seem to shake it - so you'll have to excuse me!!

:lol:

Dog-E

Juniors
GoParra said:
And the latest reason ... They've stolen MR GEORGE #-o

Erm...u can have him back if u like??...I'm afraid we'll be KEEPING Bobcat though, sorry!!
:D :D

MMMMMMM - Hindmarsh looking good for 2006 as well!...That....THING atop his melon will have to be copiously whipper-snipped first before he's allowed to don the famous Blue & White - can't have him running around representing our fine club looking like THAT after all - but once brought back to a semblance of non-hillbilly-bumpkinism - I'm sure he'll settle in just nicely! ;)

The Colonel

Immortal
Dog-E said:
GoParra said:

Erm...u can have him back if u like??...I'm afraid we'll be KEEPING Bobcat though, sorry!!

MMMMMMM - Hindmarsh looking good for 2006 as well!...That....THING atop his melon will have to be copiously whipper-snipped first before he's allowed to don the famous Blue & White - can't have him running around representing our fine club looking like THAT after all - but once brought back to a semblance of non-hillbilly-bumpkinism - I'm sure he'll settle in just nicely! ;)

Mate, you talk about haircuts and they let Willie run around in the one he has now...... :lol:

PJ Marshal

Coach
Dog-E said:
GoParra said:

Well sif he'd want to go somewhere where there is much crime as there is in middle east?

Dog-E

Juniors
PJ Marshal said:
Dog-E said:
GoParra said:

Well sif he'd want to go somewhere where there is much crime as there is in middle east?

LMAO...What a hide!!...You've obviously never walked around Parramatta after dark! :shock: Or thru the middle of Church St Mall in the middle of the freaking day for that matter - It's Deadbeat & Bum CITY!!!...

Hindmarsh is quite simply too good for you lot!!!...And he knows it! :D

wittyz chick

Coach
Misty Bee said:
Fair dinkum, to even question as to why we should have Canterbury makes me doubt you as an eels fan!

For those of you who are soft in the head....

1) 1984 GF. Canterbury wore illegal fibreglass shoulderpads. As you know (or bloody well should), Ray Price was down when Mark Bugden score the only try of the game.

2) During that time, there were regular slanging matches in the media between Bullfrog Moore, Warren Ryan and Ray Price, before a big game.

3) They used to whine like an old truck diff when they had to use the 'visitors' room at Belmore from '82-85'

4) Ray Price used to live at Bass Hill. His kids used to get bullied by the locals because of who he was.

5) 1986 GF. Warren Ryan used Peter Langmack as a deliberate ploy - niggling in tackles to award penalties when Parra were close to the dogs line. Cronin had a detached retina in his eye - and the ploy was to make us take shots at goal - and weaken Crow's confidence if he missed. He did miss a few early, but like a true champion, ended up nailing them. Terry Lamb, the worst-ever 'club legend' could only get 1 LOL!

Since then, Canterbury have moved on to a histoory of bringing the game into disrepute, via their Super League involvement - and the horrible way they treated honest players who questioned Traitor League - read 'Family Betrayal' by Jarred McCracken - the best Australian book never to win a Booker Prize!

Also thanks Misty i wish i was around at the time coz even though I wasnt here i still hate Canterbury!!!

Eelementary said:
How come the NRL can't see this and doesn't give us two regular games against them every year?

all depends on the stupid pools released 4 the draw :x

Dog-E

Juniors
Oh, and as for Willie's hair - the less said the better - but I CAn say one thing for him - at least his haircuts are fashione TO cause comment....not just beacuse he still happens to have a Billy-Ray Cyrus poster on his bedroom wall that he still secretly rather admires, and aspires to!!

Hindmarsh ACTUALLY believes it looks GOOD!!...That's what blows me away about his melon!! :shock: :shock:

Well - that rather extreme lack of taste & judgement at least explains while he's still at Parra!!

That famous bum-cleavage needs a good few days SOLID on a treadmill as well...I'm pretty sure we can find shorts to fit him until he tones it down a bit - We'll make a man of you Hindy, don't worry!!! :p :lol: