What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do we hate the Bulldogs again?

Dog-E

Juniors
Come on the younger generation of Squeals fans - Don't go soft on us now!!! :shock:

MAINTAIN THE RAGE!!!!!!.....We LOVE it!!!! :D

Specially @ the moment, looking......

D

O

W

N

so far on you bottom-feeding little river slugs from up here!!! :p

Educate these kiddies please!!....They need to know - there are SO many reasons to hate us....abnd vice versa!...Look, I'll even give you another one for free - Steve Mortimer's lovely little forearm/elbow combo on a prone Tony Chalmers!!....Now THAT was a beaut!! :lol:

Ahhhhhhh - that oughta do it - for now!! :lol:
:twisted:

Dog-E

Juniors
Yes, and we enjoyed THAT immensely too!! ;)

Rivalry's all part of sports...really & truly if it wasn't FOR rivalry....there wouldn't even BE competitive sport!....And as rivalries go - there are FEW better than Dogs vs Eels!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Dog-E said:

Rivalry's all part of sports...really & truly if it wasn't FOR rivalry....there wouldn't even BE competitive sport!....And as rivalries go - there are FEW better than Dogs vs Eels!!

I know, eh?

So why is it we only get to play you Doggies once a year?

Damnit it's the best damn rivalry in the NRL!

Heated, spirited, pasionate.

We should play the Dogs once at Parra and once at the Dog House. It's only logical.

True EEL

Bench
for all reasons listed above...........

and the fact they are the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs..........enough said

Dog-E

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Dog-E said:

I know, eh?

So why is it we only get to play you Doggies once a year?

Damnit it's the best damn rivalry in the NRL!

Heated, spirited, pasionate.

We should play the Dogs once at Parra and once at the Dog House. It's only logical.

Yeah HEAR, HEAR!!.....That's blioiody puzzled many Dogs fans too - We haven't played Home & Away games during a regular Premiership rounds since at LEAST 2002 (And Im just guessing there, as I know we didn't have this year or last year!...the last Dogs v Parra game i was at @ Parra stadium seems just AAAAAAAGES ago!! :evil: )

Theyre chucking away a guaranteed full house at Parra stadium....and a nicely packed Telstyra Stadium - min 30,000 - double that EASY if they make it part of a double header of course!!...Doesn't make any sense!!???

Glenn

First Grade
Unreal V said:
Just for the record I was around in the 80's and they were the best years, totally skipped the 90's discovered girls, they were even better years. I am married now so bring on the 00's.

Honestly i didn't mind the bulldogs they were great competitors and the crap we took and gave was at least on the fielf from what I remember.

Whats the story about Ray Prices Children and the Bulldogs?

Can't recall the full story but the Children of Ray Price were given a very very hard time at school by some kids that supported Canterbury, simply because they were the children of Ray Price and the whole Parramatta vs Canterbury rivallry at the time.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Fair dinkum, to even question as to why we should have Canterbury makes me doubt you as an eels fan!

For those of you who are soft in the head....

1) 1984 GF. Canterbury wore illegal fibreglass shoulderpads. As you know (or bloody well should), Ray Price was down when Mark Bugden score the only try of the game.

2) During that time, there were regular slanging matches in the media between Bullfrog Moore, Warren Ryan and Ray Price, before a big game.

3) They used to whine like an old truck diff when they had to use the 'visitors' room at Belmore from '82-85'

4) Ray Price used to live at Bass Hill. His kids used to get bullied by the locals because of who he was.

5) 1986 GF. Warren Ryan used Peter Langmack as a deliberate ploy - niggling in tackles to award penalties when Parra were close to the dogs line. Cronin had a detached retina in his eye - and the ploy was to make us take shots at goal - and weaken Crow's confidence if he missed. He did miss a few early, but like a true champion, ended up nailing them. Terry Lamb, the worst-ever 'club legend' could only get 1 LOL!

Since then, Canterbury have moved on to a histoory of bringing the game into disrepute, via their Super League involvement - and the horrible way they treated honest players who questioned Traitor League - read 'Family Betrayal' by Jarred McCracken - the best Australian book never to win a Booker Prize!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Misty Bee said:
Fair dinkum, to even question as to why we should have Canterbury makes me doubt you as an eels fan!

For those of you who are soft in the head....

1) 1984 GF. Canterbury wore illegal fibreglass shoulderpads. As you know (or bloody well should), Ray Price was down when Mark Bugden score the only try of the game.

2) During that time, there were regular slanging matches in the media between Bullfrog Moore, Warren Ryan and Ray Price, before a big game.

3) They used to whine like an old truck diff when they had to use the 'visitors' room at Belmore from '82-85'

4) Ray Price used to live at Bass Hill. His kids used to get bullied by the locals because of who he was.

5) 1986 GF. Warren Ryan used Peter Langmack as a deliberate ploy - niggling in tackles to award penalties when Parra were close to the dogs line. Cronin had a detached retina in his eye - and the ploy was to make us take shots at goal - and weaken Crow's confidence if he missed. He did miss a few early, but like a true champion, ended up nailing them. Terry Lamb, the worst-ever 'club legend' could only get 1 LOL!

Since then, Canterbury have moved on to a histoory of bringing the game into disrepute, via their Super League involvement - and the horrible way they treated honest players who questioned Traitor League - read 'Family Betrayal' by Jarred McCracken - the best Australian book never to win a Booker Prize!

Am I the exception Misty?

I was not around to watch footy (well, I was - I was born here in '85 but moved overseas when I was 4), and only recently returned in 2000, so everything I know and everything I don't know about footy I've had to quickly learn.

This post is extremely helpful to people like me in identifying why our rivalry is so intense.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Eelementary, forgiven if you have missed the troubled times that shall never be forgiven.

I recall a lot of the drama being whipped up between the 2 admins before a big clash between 84 -86 ish. AT Belmore, the Dogs fans were sometimes pretty nasty (well, certain elements of), and Parra, being thrice premiers, were quite cocky. There was a hell ofa lot of banter and tension between the sides. I also recall ther was a big media 'story' of an ongoing fued between Mortimer and Sterling, which both reckoned was garbage. The most that occurred between the 2, who shared the test halfback job when politics didn't give it to a far less deserving queenslander, was Sterlo's head-high flattening of Mortimer when the latter was doing a chip and chase close to our line in the 86 decider. The resulting penalty, right in front, gave Canterbury their 2 points for the day.

Since trhen, the clubs have been on the opposite sides of the fence in just about every issue. Canterbury were instrumantal in the start of Super League - and the way Anderson and Moore carried on that year - eg threatening to demote Dean Pay to Metro Cup for pulling out of the deal - was dispicable. Parra, of course, stayed on the right side, away from the evil SL forces, which Canterbury jumped straight into bed with.

Ever since then, Parra have been a model side off the field, while Canterbury have been a disaster off it.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Peter North said:
their fans
short, sweet, to the point and very correct :D
don't get me wrong, some can be very nice, but the general doggies fan at the game is something to be avoided.

and they employ one Willie Mason

Dog-E

Juniors
Ahhhhh yes!!....Now THIS is much more like the p*ssing & moaning you naturally expect from a Parramatta fan!! :lol:

Good to see your current fight for a wooden spoon hasn't totally consumed you just yet!

WELCOME BACK LOSERS - and always remember, that of course - no matter what else happens - you can ALWAYS go back to pretending it's the 80's!!!!!...It's the Parramatta way! :p

And by the way - the only ever half-decent price in the game - has been Steve....FIVE Ray Price's wouldn't have stopped Mark Bugden back on that fine sunny Sunday afternoon in September 1984!!....And that's a . :D

bartman

Immortal
Dog-E said:
WELCOME BACK LOSERS
We never went away, we've been here all the time :?

Dog-E said:
FIVE Ray Price's wouldn't have stopped Mark Bugden back on that fine sunny Sunday afternoon in September 1984!!....And that's a . :D
But Ray Price did do a pretty good job of stopping Mark Bugden in Sepetmber 1986, if you watch the tape. :D

^ Pando

retired
Admit it. You lot still haven't gotten over the '98 qualifier when we came from behind to beat you in extra time.

My best mate is an Eels supporter, and he still bitches about the day Parramatta showed how they play in the big matches. :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
^ Pando said:
Admit it. You lot still haven't gotten over the '98 qualifier when we came from behind to beat you in extra time.

My best mate is an Eels supporter, and he still bitches about the day Parramatta showed how they play in the big matches. :lol:

That was the last finals game you won wasn't it? ;-)