What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do you support the eels

stiffmeister

Bench
This is a similar thread to the Knights but it will be interesting to know why you support the eels

I like American footy but through my bro I got hooked to league. I'm embarrased to say that my first team I supported was the roosters. For some reason it didn't feel right. I think I went for their colours of red white & blue (the yank colours).

Alot of my mates went for Parra. After watching the GF wins on video I was hooked. I liked their style of play & the stiff has been an eels fan for 7 years

half

Coach
since i was about 4 years old i had this feeling that john morris would play for the eels

poojar

Juniors
with me it was simply because my old man supported them, and its been entrenched in me since the day i was born.

The_Coach

Juniors
When i was younger i supported the Raiders. Then superleague happened. Seeing as how i was a Parra local (Kinda close, born at Westmead) and i had been using my junior footy pass to attend heaps of games i decided to support Parra. Next year will be my 10th Anniversary as a Eels Fan.

Utey

Coach
Been raised into it really. Havent won a grand final since I was born which is a bit frustrating. There was no other team really for me to support when I was a kid. Loved Brett Kenny which also comes into it and its such an outstanding club from top to bottom.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
<UPtheEELS> said:
Havent won a grand final since I was born which is a bit frustrating.

Same with me, I thought I was the curse :lol:

My Mother was/is an Eels supporter and my Father was a Magpies supporter and I was a Mummy's boy as a young fella so I followed what she followed, but you eventually develop your own reasons for following them.

PJ Marshal

Coach
ive been an eels fan since i was 4 back in the early 1990's, my old man is an eels fan so i followed in his foot steps

i was almost a broncos fan, thanks to my pop but i stuck with parra

eelaholic

First Grade
My grandfather who died a year before I was born and just before the 81 grandfinal and was a mad parra supporter from day 1.

No one in my immediate family followed footy, but I followed in the foot steps of a great man I never met and went for parra for as long as I have known. Since I didn't come from a footy family, as soon as I was old enough I would take myself to the footy, even if it meant going alone.

The only other members of my family which go for parra are my cousin and uncle that live in Canberra. Eventually my mum came to her senses and followed parra in the last few years before she passed away in 2002. My sis is a bandwagoner and follows parra only when it suits her, and is a big eric grothe fan.

eels_fan

First Grade
the first game i ever went to was Cronulla V Brisbane in superleague days ... but i remember before that watching parra games with my dad and sis who both supporter the eels.
In 1998 my Dad's company sponsored the eels and they had a corporate box above in the Thornett stand and i remember after the game one day i got do go into the dressing sheds and meet all the boys, still have all their autographs on the big league page on my wall. I've been a massive supporter since and now i live and breathe blue and gold

yy_cheng

Coach
'75 - Went for the Tigers as a liked their emblem

'76 - Went for the Doggies as liked their emblem
- First league game I went to was Wests vs Souths. Couldn't see bugga all
sitting on the bench seats at Lidcombe oval

'77 - Parra vs Saint GF : Uncle was a mad dragons fan so I went for Parra

Since then, I have been a Parra fan. The Eels of the 80's were awesome from position 1 to 13. The eels this year give me the same feeling even possibly better (time will tell). This year's 1-17 potentially will be awesome.

eelmania

Juniors
Back in 1975 family went to sydney to vist friends who lived out parramatta way and i went to a parra game,and have suported them since

number8

Juniors
For me i think it was timing. Born in 75, in a League Family. Dad played in the local bush league comp & got me intersted in the game but was killed in a car accident when I was 5. He was a Rorters fan (I think).

My Grandfather (Alfie as we called him) a dogs fan took on that role in part & kept me interested, signing me up in juniors & watching the games with me etc... He used to call me Bulldog & wrote these awsome short stories of the Adventures of Sheriff Bulldog & his lawmen with my siblings & their nicknames making up the other charecters.

I think it was watching the Bullscum games with Alfie (who passed away in 94) that I discovered the Eels. Being not only a great judge at a young age I was also fashion conscious. The Eels jerseys were just........... Better!

So sorry Dad, sorry Alfie, but I'm sure that you are watching down on me & have since, also been won over by the Eels. RIP & go the Blue & Golds!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I was raised in Isabella Street and went to primary school at Saint Pats then Parra Marist, and played for Parra Marist (when they were near Cumberland Oval) back in the Commonwealth Cup days

how much more Parra can you get

Sterling

Juniors
Parents moved to parra when i was 1 in 1974 ... still live a 15 min walk from Parra stadium .. pretty much born into following the eels ... I LOVE em~!~!!

thedux

Juniors
Grew-up in the area and remember my dad taking me to a game at cumberland in about 77-78. He was originally from nambour on the sunshine coast and played for the same club as wally lewis but went for the eels when he moved to sydney. Sorry to say that he switched to the broncos in 88 (I guess I understand...not) but I did convince my brother to change from the sharks as compensation. Proud to say I've never even considered another team.

Latest posts