What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do you support the team that you do.

Macca

Coach
So it isn't we any more is it. You don't support the club any more so you don't provide anything. It isn't we. Illawarra juniors provide most of the squad. It has nothing to do with you anymore.

Hazy

Juniors
I played aussie rules in Brissy, but started playing rugby league at 15 for the Norths Brighton Roosters in 87

From then on I supported Norths in the QRL and the Roosters in the NSWRL, even when the Broncos came in.

But I do support Brisbane in the AFL.

ozzie

Bench
Roosterphin said:
Stgillaman said:
ozzie said:
Stgillaman said:
Raiders 2004 said:
Stgillaman said:
Raiders 2004 said:
Living in the St George area....i knew i couldnt support a team wearing practically all white...looked a bit queer :? and i use to love going to canberra when i was young (im not a freak) and Watchin meninga, stuart and daley play is unforgettable.

If not choosing a team because of Colour.

I think Thats Queer LOL.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D

I know who you are. You spoke to me after the raiders dragons game along princess highway, Near Red Rooster, with your face painted.

Is that You..??

No. I refuse to speak and associate with dragons fans.
Oh plus the fact St George were hopeless....92-93... :roll:

So your one of those Dorks that follows teams that win grand finals when your deciding who to support. So your fickle. Like most roosters. Not surprised your not following them then.

My brother in law follows the broncos as does another mate, and my best man is a raider.

Non of them come from these places. They only followed them, because when they were growing up, that's who were winning.

As for my brother in law, he can not handle losses, so he changed to the broncos from a Rooster LOL.

I honestly, NO OFFENCE, don't have respect for Traitors, who can not handle Down times.

Success goes in circle my freinds. Raiders, wont see any of that for a long time.

not worth answering - it is just another example of this clown Rooster bashing - sorry STIllgorilla but we don't aplogise to your pathetic team and it's obvoius from your low position on the comp table that no Rooster fans would have come flocking over to your team...tell me again about the $8m and where did it go - why are you guys in financial troubles as reported in the telecrap!!

8 Mill Notional Value.. Dingbat.. Other clubs had the same thing Moron. Notional values, caused by Super league.

Our Club is not in financial trouble moron, if you dont read well, our club was listed under SAFE.

You like meddaling in history, when at present. Your Losers.

We won our last game, you lost. Panthers are premiers.

Which in peoples eyes do you think Hurts more.

Your measily comment about 1999, or todays Current Fact.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really show warra man that you have no idea aboutr anything. How old are you 12?

Each JV was given $8m assistance...common knowledge.

Roosters losers and you winners...I dont think so.

Bring back the mighty Steelers....we provide all the players but get nothing

Mate if we could count you out we would be up to 12...its good to see the premierships you have won as a JV and still you haven't answered the question - where did the money go?? Pay of some of your big debts???

To be honest if the Roosters got $8m we would have won more than the premierships you guys have as a J/V...

Just remind us all again - how many premierships have you won since the JV had come in?? Now you can use the words - Zilch, Nil, Nicks, Nothing. It is all the same -

St George sockies - a shambles of a club and not getting better!! I think I might have to applaude all shark supporters who get up you!!

Not only that - but I believe St Georgie have patented the bitch slap!! And thy will get nothing for that as well!!

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Roosterphin said:
Maroubra Eel said:
fatshark said:
Most of you sound like band wagon jumpers.
Me, I was born in the shire , so Ive followed MY OWN DISTRICTS team for the last 30 years. ;-)
Yeah I agree fatshark. Alot of bandwagon jumpers. I was born with blue and gold pumping through my veins. I don't know why anyone would switch.

Not all people grew up in an area thta had a team. I for instance grew up on the South Coast NSW so we didnt have a team until 1982 when the mighty Steelers came in.
And when my local team went I switched back to the Chooks.
Originally you supported the roosters, then you switched to the steelers when they came in, then you switched back to the roosters. If you had stuck solid with the roosters you would not be labelled a bandwagoner. I would never switch teams no matter where I lived. :lol:

When I was a kid-Bulldogs
Then the Knights got a team of underdogs in the comp[never finished last] and started to sit on the hill every 2nd week-The team got stronger and now we think we can win it each year
Thats why we pay our money - to ride the highs and lows of your team

55 days until....KURT GIDLEY!!!!!

Roosterphin

Juniors
Maroubra Eel said:
Roosterphin said:
Maroubra Eel said:
fatshark said:
Most of you sound like band wagon jumpers.
Me, I was born in the shire , so Ive followed MY OWN DISTRICTS team for the last 30 years. ;-)
Yeah I agree fatshark. Alot of bandwagon jumpers. I was born with blue and gold pumping through my veins. I don't know why anyone would switch.

Not all people grew up in an area thta had a team. I for instance grew up on the South Coast NSW so we didnt have a team until 1982 when the mighty Steelers came in.
And when my local team went I switched back to the Chooks.
Originally you supported the roosters, then you switched to the steelers when they came in, then you switched back to the roosters. If you had stuck solid with the roosters you would not be labelled a bandwagoner. I would never switch teams no matter where I lived. :lol:

But there was no team in Illawarra when i supported the Roosters pal. And Illawarra dont exist anymore so what is the problem with this

Macca

Coach
Illawarra doesn't exist anymore, that means Illawarra juniors don't exist either. That's using your logic Roosterphin. I prefer to believe that they still do exist and you chose not to support them.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Good call McSharkie. There is no way in the world I would switch teams just beacause a new one pops up in the NRL. That is why you are a bandwagoner Roosterphin. Plain and simple B A N D W A G O N E R. :lol:

TRANSLATION

Juniors
McSharkie said:
Illawarra doesn't exist anymore, that means Illawarra juniors don't exist either. That's using your logic Roosterphin. I prefer to believe that they still do exist and you chose not to support them.

Very well Put..

ozzie

Bench
Stgillaman said:
McSharkie said:

Very well Put..

what did you do with the $8m -

what have you shown for it - zilch - nothing - stuff all - bugger all - so show me why we all should be following St Socks!!!

greeneyed

First Grade
Southern Rooster said:
When I was young I supported Newtown and when the NSWRL removed them in 1983. I decided wherever John Ferguson goes to that's who I will go for. So since 1984 a Rooster. Also get out to see the Jets at Henson when possible. But the passion is for the Roosters now. I was only 11 when Newtown were gone.

So why didn't you then become a Raiders' supporter.... :lol:

Red Bear

Referee
Well i supprted both the Mighty Bears and Steelers as a kid. North Sydney cos of my roots(im a 4th generation Norths supporter) and Steelers cos they are my local team.
I always didnt mind the Roosters so i just chose them when i was without a proper local team to support and of course the Bears(although i support the Bears in premier league) although my support for them is waning cos they seem to be turning into Manly and ive always liked the Rabbitohs but i really loved the way they got back in thecomp and brought the game back to the fans.
In premier league, when they arent plaing the Bears, i will support the foundation clubs, just because i like the traditional teams a helluva lot more than the newer non club teams.

innsaneink

Referee
My mum & dad split when I was 6 or 7 and mum got a place at Ashfield opposite Wests Leagues club. Every day I would walk out the house I would look across the railway lines and see the big Magpie emblem on the wall of the club.

When I was 9 or 10, I wanted to be a Wests ball boy and me dad told me that the ball boys played in the Jnr league so I signed up for a club in Wests Jnrs called Holman, named after Wests & Kangaroo captain Keith Holman.
One season we were coached by a Wests first grader by the name of Ken Hey...I remember me and all me team mates reaction when we were told at training one night who this Wests 1st grader that was gunna coach us..."Ken who?..." :lol: But he was a great coach and a great bloke too.
His dad Vic Hey was a Wests international as well.

At about 12-13, goin into high school at Ashfield Boys High, right next door to Wests leagues...our school only played union so it was either that or soccer.....stuff soccer...anyway the schools colours were black n white, and they got all their footy jumpers from Wests leagues next door...all the old Magpie jumpers...faded and with ripped collars and numbers...but to me, puttin on those jumpers each week would've been like a catholic getting the shroud of turin draped over them. Those jumpers made me invincible...and for 40 odd minutes a week in winter for a few years I was a footy star!!!

As a teenager growing up... I lived around Enfield and Burwood so not too far from Lidcombe...the fibro-silvertail wars between Wests and Manly were a young blokes dream!!! Tommy Raudonikis, Les Boyd, John "Dallas" Donnelly, John"Joe Cool" Dorahy!!!

Then my team moved to Cambpelltown...and I moved to Maroubra...far far apart but I always followed them Magpies...through the bad times, the good times, the bad times and the other bad times.Theres been more bad times than good......footy results wise...only 1 mid-week cup in my 33 years of support....

And now we have joined forces with our Balmain brothers...another chapter is being written...and again its been a few lean years...but things are looking good, positive signs are up!

Wests Tigers are my team
I've moved on...
So has my team.
Wests Tigers are my team!

I grew up in Turrella – nuff said.

Always followed them but didn't get into them heavily until 98.

I've always believed that people should support their local teams but I think that would go out the window if I wasn't bred in the St George region.

sharkboy

Juniors
I support the mighty sharkies because my dad does, cept im a way bigger supporter than him, he started supporting the sharks because when he was a kid u used to get footy posters with bubblegum or sumthin like that, and he an his brothers got one each and whatevr club the player on the poster was from is who they supported...dad got tommy bishop.

fat_mike

Juniors
support the chooks because thats who my pop went for. remember watching the game son the telly with pop and he'd always have his chook scarf out with him. used to go to the games with him but i was only a little lad and dont remember that much apart from what the grounds looked like.

SaintTPP

First Grade
I live in the Shire, but my dad went for Saints (thank god) and thats basically why I support them, because my whole family does.

Montz

Juniors
I was five, and we were on a holiday (1990) and dad wanted to sit inside and watch the Footy. So instead of going for Manly (like my dad and brothers) i went for the team playing against them, and that was Canberra. Canberra won the game, and i have been going for the Raiders ever since that day.

hrundi99

First Grade
My dad played for the Magpies in Wagga, so when he eventually moved to Sydney and Concord, he and I were both Magpies supporters (my brother supports the dreaded Roosters).

My favourite player was Tommy, and when he moved to Newtown I (as a pre-teen) was totally disillusioned. I'd heard that Canberra were going to enter the league and given that I was born there and most of my family lived there, it seemed a natural fit for them to become my favourite team, with the Maggies pushed to 2nd place.

I've been a fan ever since, experiencing all the lows and highs.

I still keep an eye out for the Magpies in Premier League, and I've been known to spend many a Saturday arvo down at Henson Park on the hill with a beer in my hand cheering on the Jets.