What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do you support your team?

themacemaceman

Juniors
Born in Rabbitoh territory and played in the juniors so always been a bunny and always will be. But I've lived in the hunter since 1981 so last two years I've become a knights member as well as a souths member simply because the stadium is about 5 minutes from my house and Its a good excuse to catch up with the mates for a few beveridges

Big Pete

Referee
Did your family support them when you were growing up?

Essentially yes. They had me in a Broncos jersey since I was a toddler so in a lot of was it was predisposed. With that said, Oldy is really a Chook's supporter and only follows the Broncos to make life easier.

Did you live in the area?
Aye

Was there a player in the team you liked?
Tallis & Lockyer. Both were kind enough to sign some poster for me and they both turned out to be great players to watch.

Did their playing style attract you?
Not really. Nothing stood out to me other than they always seemed to be competitive despite what most commentators would say.

Did your friends go for them?
Probably but that didn't factor into it.

RedVDave

First Grade
Did your family support them when you were growing up? Not the immediate family but my uncle is a fanatic.

Did you live in the area? St. George area my whole life.

Was there a player in the team you liked? Yes, Mundine for sure he was seriously the nicest bloke not to mention he was a great player.

Did their playing style attract you? Was to young to notice really but Mundine's & Blacklock's blackflips were awesome.

Did your friends go for them? No I grew up around Tigers & Sharks supporters.

carcharias

Immortal
Yes, Mundine for sure he was seriously the nicest bloke

anthony mundine?
the dude that said this ...
They call it an act of terrorism, but if you can understand religion, and our way of life, it’s not about terrorism. It’s about fighting for God’s law, and America’s brought it upon themselves".

and this
"He's got a white woman, he's got white kids. I keep it real, all day every day."

yep nice as.

Panfas

Juniors
. While we were in the line to the checkout she was chatting away & said it was a shame my new Jersey would be obsolete the following year. I asked her why & she told me that Parra were changing there name to the Wooden Spooners & their colours to pink & purple for the upcoming season. (I would have been 8 & didnt know the relevance of the wooden spoon) So I decided to get the Penrith one as she originally suggested.
Sounds like a very smart woman :D

Hutty1986

Immortal
Did your family support them when you were growing up? None of my family followed much league when I was growing up, though my older brother is now a Dragons fan as well

Did you live in the area? South Coast, so yes.

Was there a player in the team you liked? Nathan Blacklock, absolute legend

Did their playing style attract you? Definitely, plenty of great players in the side as well... I even liked Shaun Timmins' oppa crabnam style

Did your friends go for them? A fair few of them do, it's only natural.

RedVDave

First Grade
Carcharias, as you can see I wrote was nicest bloke and when I was youngin many years ago he really did go out of his was to talk to me and get autographs I am not a fan of the bloke anymore not since he walked out on us mid 2000.

carcharias

Immortal
Carcharias, as you can see I wrote was nicest bloke and when I was youngin many years ago he really did go out of his was to talk to me and get autographs I am not a fan of the bloke anymore not since he walked out on us mid 2000.

no worries.

firechild

First Grade
Manly raped and killed my team, Penrith sucked and Girdler was my favorite non Bear player

To be fair, the extension of that analogy is your club laid out in public spread eagle holding up a sign that said "please f**k me" and then cried rape after it happened.

WayneBennett

Juniors
To be fair, the extension of that analogy is your club laid out in public spread eagle holding up a sign that said "please f**k me" and then cried rape after it happened.

Manly had relations with an obviously disabled Norths. Did Manly feel dirty ?

Manly exists only by sitting on the corpse of a great club.

firechild

First Grade
I think you use the term "great" far to liberally. Manly always held the license so they would have existed regardless of what happened with Norffs.

firechild

First Grade
So did everyone. He played for Manly, Norths, Gold Coast, NQ, and Canterbury (as well as playing in the BRL and in England).

Gallen=God

Juniors
Did your family support them when you were growing up? Mum did when I was very young. I've converted all of my younger cousins from the dogs.

Did you live in the area? Nope, from the sprawling metropolis of Wagga Wagga

Was there a player in the team you liked? Mat Rogers, David Peachey, Jason Stevens

Did their playing style attract you? Back in the late 90s/early 2000s definitely

Did your friends go for them? Definitely not

Someone

Bench
i support Parramatta because im a f**kwit loser.

i have an IQ of 32 and i couldn't make a smarter decision to barrack for someone decent.

BranVan3000

Coach
So what is the reason you chose your team?

Did your family support them when you were growing up?
Yeah my mum did. I suppose my dad did too but I don't think he was that into the sport

Did you live in the area?
Yes right down the beach at Maroubra so a lot of people went for Souths. But I grew up around Maoris (even though I'm white) so it felt like everybody I knew supported the Warriors

Was there a player in the team you liked?
Craig Wing. He went to the same school as me and he was basically idolized there. I also liked Tricky Trindall until he told me and my friends to f**k off while we were at junior footy one day. What a merkin.

Did their playing style attract you?
Their losing style didn't attract anybody. I lost interest in the whole game when they got kicked out. Plus I was burned out from playing it so I never wanted to watch. So I didn't really watch them much at all between re-entry and Russel Crowe taking over and making us competitive.

Did your friends go for them?
Yeah I suppose some did being in the area. I played footy with Jason Clark who now plays first grade

Or was there another reason?
Cause I was born to love Souff Sinney

Cheers.

Guzzler

Juniors
My old man is a Dogs supporter and the day I was born back in 1976 I guess it was a given I followed in his footsteps just like my kids are doing now.

Grew up and still live in the Canterbury Bankstown area and played a little junior footy for Milperra Colts

Steve Mortimer was my first favourite player and his was the first autograph I got back in the 80s at Bankstown Square:D

H.H

Juniors
Been a Rooster since the day I was born...Grew up in the area, family supported them and I played in juniors (Paddo Tigers)...there was no choice really.

Have moved out of the area now, but have passed on the red, white and blue to my kids who support them, but are a bit too young to understand why.

Latest posts