What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does Bennett persist with Seymour?

He brings absloutely noting to the Broncos attack and looks lazy/dis-interested at best.

Surely you guys must have some junios out there who are ready for a run.

This guy just makes more work for Lockyer, key playmaker position yet never looks to get involved with making a play!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Honestly, who else have we got? We don't have Berrick Banes anymore, and he was the only one that could have been a great no7. Shane Perry is just as ordinary as Seymour.

Mick_87

Juniors
Because he wanted me to lose the $35 I bet on Brisbane today. (btw I'm a Canberra supporter)

salivor

First Grade
The question is who was a bigger signing blunder? Losing Prince or Barnes? Seymour has been perferred in both instances, the bed has been made and we're having to lie on it now.

lockyno1

Post Whore
salivor said:
The question is who was a bigger signing blunder? Losing Prince or Barnes? Seymour has been perferred in both instances, the bed has been made and we're having to lie on it now.

You can't blame the club for losing Prince. He got injured every year and was on a 300K salary. But Barnes on the other hand was a disgrace! Why couldn't Setmour go and play for the Reds!

broncoman

Juniors
Seymour is still the best option at halfback we have right now, if Bennett drops him whats the alternative? Casey McGuire, how bout no...

broncoman

Juniors
he did score a pretty good try on the weekend, i bet hes glad he went to the reds and not the force though lol...

lockyno1

Post Whore
broncoman said:
he did score a pretty good try on the weekend, i bet hes glad he went to the reds and not the force though lol...

He is a extremely good no10 in rugby. He has vision and is deceptively quick!

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
Seymour is a great player. He just has to find consistency. EG: Against the Eels, he was great, and against Cronulla, his chip kick one them the game. However against the Dragons, i though his kicking game was sub par.

Inferno

Coach
I'd argue that Cronulla lost that match more than the Broncos won it.

Its been a while since you guys had a decent 7. With Webcke gone at the end of this year, will you guys have much money to throw at a number 7?

lockyno1

Post Whore
AsPiRiNg YoUtH said:
Seymour is a great player. He just has to find consistency. EG: Against the Eels, he was great, and against Cronulla, his chip kick one them the game. However against the Dragons, i though his kicking game was sub par.

Sub-par is a compliement! Woeful is more like it!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Inferno said:

Its been a while since you guys had a decent 7. With Webcke gone at the end of this year, will you guys have much money to throw at a number 7?

No 7 is on the market though! Prince won't come back and Campbell is signed with the titans!

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Sub-par is a compliement! Woeful is more like it!

I wouldn't go that far. But the position does need filling, by someone who shows consistency (something he lacks atm). He knew he played bad however, as some of his expressions showed. Watch out for a top game this week.

salivor

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
You can't blame the club for losing Prince. He got injured every year and was on a 300K salary. But Barnes on the other hand was a disgrace! Why couldn't Setmour go and play for the Reds!

Sure he was asking for a bigger price than what we signed him on originally but even when he came back from injury we were preferring Seymour over him on the bench, we basically opened the door and said go for it. He's since gone on to represent Qld & Aus and won a Clive Churchill medal in captaining a premiership winning side.

broncoman

Juniors
Inferno said:

ive got faith that if Seymour doesnt come good we can develop our own, i know its been a long time since Alfie retired and we all knw players like that dont come along very often, but we have to be patient, the scouting system and the youth set up we have is the best in the league and i think that in time we will be able to get a top notch half through to first grade...

Meanie

Juniors
I actually thought Seymour was very good against the Sharks and Eels, the Dragons was a dud afternoon but at least hes trying to take pressure off Lockyer.

In saying that, how long did Berrick sign with the Reds for?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Meanie said:
I actually thought Seymour was very good against the Sharks and Eels, the Dragons was a dud afternoon but at least hes trying to take pressure off Lockyer.

In saying that, how long did Berrick sign with the Reds for?

I think Berrick was on a 1 year deal with a extension clause, which he has said he is likely to take. This means 3 years as t he clause is a 2 year deal. Big Pete can confirm it though.

lockyno1

Post Whore
broncoman said:
ive got faith that if Seymour doesnt come good we can develop our own, i know its been a long time since Alfie retired and we all knw players like that dont come along very often, but we have to be patient, the scouting system and the youth set up we have is the best in the league and i think that in time we will be able to get a top notch half through to first grade...

I recon we could have a crack at Tim Smith when he comes on the market! He is from Queensland and may want to come home!