What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does Bennett persist with Seymour?

Big Pete

Referee
lockyno1 said:
I think Berrick was on a 1 year deal with a extension clause, which he has said he is likely to take. This means 3 years as t he clause is a 2 year deal. Big Pete can confirm it though.

You are correct.

He left the Broncos on good terms though, so once a place free's up I can see him making the swap again.

broncoman

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
I recon we could have a crack at Tim Smith when he comes on the market! He is from Queensland and may want to come home!
im not convinced Tim Smith is the real deal tbh, sure hes got a pretty good kicking game, but id give him another 18 month before making a full judgement...

lockyno1

Post Whore
broncoman said:
im not convinced Tim Smith is the real deal tbh, sure hes got a pretty good kicking game, but id give him another 18 month before making a full judgement...

Smith still s..ts on Seymour mate, even if he isn't the real deal yet! Mark my words Tim Smith will be the Origin halfback next year.

Dazzat

First Grade
If only halfbacks came pre-packaged and ready to take every game by the scruff of the neck. Seymour is developing and will get better as did Andrew Johns as he got older.

There is a great similarity between Tim Smith and Seymour, not in the way they play but because they are both under the microscope. Tim Smith is coping with being the best since Sterling and Seymour the best (or trying to be the best (since Langer).

Prince blossomed when the microscope was removed at Western Tigers.

broncoman

Juniors
i definately agree Smith is better than Seymour, but i think it would be rather silly to put all our eggs in one basket and try to lure him with a huge contract...

Seymour is craptastic.......anyone considering defending him, please dont, you will look foolish.

What f**ks me off is they were hyping him up to be as good as langer ect ect in the papers, but he has delivered NOTHING, f**k being as good as alfie, try being better then premierleaguers. Its been so long since we had a good half back im over it.........daaaaaang

salivor

First Grade
broncoman said:
wow, way to support your team...

You can support your team without having to like stupid selections like Seymour. He has one good game then a dozen bad ones, it's not good enough to warrant first grade selection.

And why wouldn't we want to lure Tim Smith with a big contract if we had the chance? With his kicking and passing game he'd be the perfect player to take the pressure off Lockyer. Not that it's a chance in reality with Smith being a Parramatta fan as a child and being happy where he is currently but maybe it's time that Brisbane stopped waiting for a halfback to emerge from our juniors if ones not there and go on to the open market for one.

broncoman said:
wow, way to support your team...

Hehe quote the lines where im not supporting my team homie.

Unless you mean supporting the team in their selection of seymour, which in that case, quote away, i dont have to support that bullsh*t.

broncoman

Juniors
Its about time that people realised that great half backs just arent that easy to come by, apart from Johns and the current great form of Thurston there are no outstanding ones. Smith is a good up and coming player, Prince had one good year, Gower is reasonable at rep level and Kimmorley used to be good, but realistically we havent had the chance to have a top halfback, Prince doesnt count as we all know the situation he was in with Brisbane.

Seymour is no worse than Sherwin, Withers, Head, Cronk, Fien, Firman and Ben Walker.

salivor

First Grade
broncoman said:
Its about time that people realised that great half backs just arent that easy to come by, apart from Johns and the current great form of Thurston there are no outstanding ones. Smith is a good up and coming player, Prince had one good year, Gower is reasonable at rep level and Kimmorley used to be good, but realistically we havent had the chance to have a top halfback, Prince doesnt count as we all know the situation he was in with Brisbane.

Seymour is no worse than Sherwin, Withers, Head, Cronk, Fien, Firman and Ben Walker.

Sherwin and Head, when fit and in form both run rings around Seymour. As for the rest, way to pick out the dregs of the competition, says a lot of Seymours ability that he's at least no worse than that lot, it makes me sleep a lot easier at night.

It's not about picking an outstanding halfback, it's about picking a competent one who can get the basics right such as running at the line with any real purpose and have a half decent kicking game.

salivor

First Grade
Seymour was again outstanding tonight, puts right up there with Broncos greats like Meyers and Kelly.

melon.... said:
Why does Stuart persist with Finch? Who knows but Seymour and Finch are duds.

hahahahaha

i am starting to feel the pain that you guys have been enduring for a while now........

it aint cool yo

lockyno1

Post Whore
salivor said:
Seymour was again outstanding tonight, puts right up there with Broncos greats like Meyers and Kelly.

You forgot Jane in that list!:x

As for good halfbacks, um...we had Berrick Barnes and if we told Seymour to p..s off like ihe deserved to be, we would have a extremely good 7! Lockyer's defence is better than Seymour's and thats saying something becuase defensively Lockyer is abysmal! Add that to the fact that Seymour contributes nothing in attack 9/10, and we have ourself the biggest dud in the league currently! Dare I say it Finch is better than Seymour! Any halfback is better than Seymour!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Ghoulies said:
Jane is putting Seymour to shame at the moment.

Yeah you are right! Compared to Seymour, Jane is a shoe in for the Dally M Player of the Year!:lol:

Latest posts