What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does Bennett persist with Seymour?

salivor

First Grade
I don't know if the Roosters boys have put a copyright on the f**k Off Finch Foundation but it's getting to the point where a f**k Off Seymour Foundation needs to be formed.

salivor

First Grade
broncoman said:
tbh he wasnt much worse than Lockyer last night, both need to improve...

I disagree, Lockyer had a good second half and subsequently the Broncos went well. Thanks to Seymours incompetency in the first half he had no choice but to revert back to his old ways of being heavily involved each set and taking on the first tackle kicking options.

We're trying to let Lockyer take on a less involved role where he can pick his moments to inject himself but the vital part to that plan is having Seymour being able to direct play and have a half decent kicking game. If Seymour can only do that once every 5 games we're going to struggle which we presently are.

Seymour and Mick Ryan. Told for ages how these guys were the coming men and how they were our future. What a crock. Finally phucked off Ryan and Seymour has at best this year and next depending on the market to prove the #7 should be his.

Frankly, if Bennett is so sure Hunt is going into the halves at some point in his career as he's said, then why not put Hunt in there now and use someone else at fullback. Keep hearing how Parfitt is a god in Qld Cup, why not put him at #1, put Hunt at #7 and admit Seymour has had his run.

broncoman

Juniors
the chances of seymour being dropped now that Ennis is gone are pretty low, i just hope we dont get a lot of injuries to our small men, cause i worry about our depth in these positions...
i still think we'll see Shaun Berrigan in 9 at some stage later in the year...

salivor

First Grade
Meanie said:
I think they should punt Seymour to hooker and give Karmichael a run at half.

Do you want Seymour defending in the middle of the park? Seymour would be lucky to use both hands when counting all his effective runs at the line in his first grade career, do you want him running out of dummy half?

lockyno1

Post Whore
salivor said:
Do you want Seymour defending in the middle of the park? Seymour would be lucky to use both hands when counting all his effective runs at the line in his first grade career, do you want him running out of dummy half?

Agreed there. Queesland Cup would be a better place for Seymour!

ps. I am currently woking on a f**k Off Seymour sig. Starting to look good!

Roy

Juniors
what about this
1. hodges
6.lockyer
7. hunt

What would have been better would be
1.lockyer
6. hunt
7.barnes

salivor

First Grade
broncoman said:
yeh and we'll replace him with Shane Perry ](*,)

Seymour isn't that much better than Perry sadly. We do have a guy called Karmichael Hunt though who's getting more and more involved and was a standout on the weekend. Keep Lockyer at 6, Move Hunt to 7 and we could play either Parfitt or Boyd at Fullback.

broncoman

Juniors
i just think its such a negative move to give up on Seymour now, hes still young, its not like Brett Finch we're hes played 5 or 6 years of first grade week in week out but still offers nothing...

salivor

First Grade
broncoman said:
i just think its such a negative move to give up on Seymour now, hes still young, its not like Brett Finch we're hes played 5 or 6 years of first grade week in week out but still offers nothing...

Why? We've lost two very good halfbacks in Prince and Barnes in the last couple of years by putting Seymour first. Hunt wants to play in the havles and from the moment he entered first grade you could see he was destined to play there. He's going to be on the market again soon and you can guarantee a club out there will offer him a spot in the havles that he wants, are we going to lose him too?

Seymour's played 54 first grade games and been on the scene for about 5 years now and while he's been plagued with injury we've seen enough in the last season and a half to know that he's never going to be anything other than an average first grade footballer if that. His running game is awful, kicking game even worse and his play making ability average.

lockyno1

Post Whore
salivor said:
Why? We've lost two very good halfbacks in Prince and Barnes in the last couple of years by putting Seymour first. Hunt wants to play in the havles and from the moment he entered first grade you could see he was destined to play there. He's going to be on the market again soon and you can guarantee a club out there will offer him a spot in the havles that he wants, are we going to lose him too?

Seymour's played 54 first grade games and been on the scene for about 5 years now and while he's been plagued with injury we've seen enough in the last season and a half to know that he's never going to be anything other than an average first grade footballer if that. His running game is awful, kicking game even worse and his play making ability average.

Hit the nail in the coffin there! Exactly my thoughts! Seymour is dead below average, will never be a matchwinner! Why continue with him!

Latest posts