What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why I'm worried about next year

1eyedeel

Juniors
I reckon its a Rugby League truism that halves win matches. Here's my ratings for our halves next year assuming we let Dykes go as is being suggested everywhere.

Panthers - Gower/Campbell 9
Knights - Johns/Gidley - 9
Storm - Orford/Hill 8
Dragons - Head/Barrett 8
Broncos - Macguire/Lockyer 8
Sharks - Kimmorley/Dykes 8
Bulldogs - Sherwin/Anasta 8
Roosters - Finch/Firman 8
West Tigers - Prince/Marshall - 7
Warriors - Jones/Hohaia - 6
Sea Eagles - Monoghan/Walker - 6
Rabbitohs - Williams/Craigie - 6
Raiders - McLinden/Whoever 5
Eels - Witt/Morris - 5
Cowboys - Shepherd/Thurston 5

MrT

Juniors
Exactly correct, no halves = no future.
We needed Joe Williams more than we needed Tahu, Morrisson, Stringer, Riddell and Rbinson all put together. I can't believe we didn't go for him

Unreal V

Juniors
Witt/Dykes would be a 5; Witt/Moriss would not even rate a 1. Next year we will be the laughing stock because we will have all this talent running around the feild like chickens with their heads cut off and no one directing them.

ParraMatt

Bench
We should of gone for Michael Ennis or Brett Firman when they went on the market. Or Matthew Head or Amos Roberts.

Parraren

Bench
Firman was the man we needed....Witt is half the player that Firman is.

We were never a chance of signing Firman. I can assure you the deal was done behind closed doors with the Roosters weeks before anyone knew anything about Firman being released.

Joe Williams & Matt Orford were realistic targets but I don't think we even put an offer in for Williams.

Utey

Coach
Ill second what everyone is saying. Firman Orford Roberts. Either wouldve been a huge buy fgor the club. I think we may have lured Orford out of the club if we had done better this seaosn.

ParraMatt

Bench
Adam Spadam said:
Firman was the man we needed....Witt is half the player that Firman is.

No way in hell.... You must be joking. Give Witt the time, he is bloody young. I rate him nearlly AS good as Firman and he has plenty of time to venture and become one of the best Half backs in the competition. Like I said, To be a decent Half Back you need a decent Five-Eighth. Why do you think Newcastle, Warriors and Cronulla are suffering. And why the Broncos and Roosters are going so good.

Utey

Coach
Thats because they are quality. Witt is not and never will be. Has he really taken the house down this seaosn where he was most needed to stand up. NOOOO

Parraren

Bench
I can assure you we won't be going into next year with Morris & Witt as our ONLY halves options. I'm not too concerned about Morris, as I think the 5/8 position will suit him better. Witt is the one there are doubts over as he is still learning the ropes.

There is no way Smith will go into next season with Morris, Witt & Tim Smith as our only halves. I'm 99.9% positive either Dykes or Thorman will be retained or some other player will be plucked from somewhere. Who? I don't know, but I'm sure there is some deal on the cards as we speak...

booligal bill

Juniors
Whats this we are still going to sign "3 reasonable players"? If people are going to make statements like this, for Petes sake tell us your source!!

scottyeel

Bench
Parraren said:
I can assure you we won't be going into next year with Morris & Witt as our ONLY halves options. I'm not too concerned about Morris, as I think the 5/8 position will suit him better. Witt is the one there are doubts over as he is still learning the ropes.

There is no way Smith will go into next season with Morris, Witt & Tim Smith as our only halves. I'm 99.9% positive either Dykes or Thorman will be retained or some other player will be plucked from somewhere. Who? I don't know, but I'm sure there is some deal on the cards as we speak...
Hey Ren, do you know if D. Holdsworth has resigned eith the dragons yet?

ParraMatt

Bench
Source is a Mate who is very very close to the people that are important at Parramatta. Eg, Fitzgerald, Smith, Reddy etc.

ParraMatt

Bench
Who is left seriosuly. Your source is full of S*it

I think you are full of shit. People like you make the Eels supporters on this forum look like idiots. Most of us are top blokes who talk about the club with pride and take it easy. Then there is idiots like you who act like you have a huge fork up your arse. Pull it out and stop acting like a woman.