What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is Souths the most hated team on here?

TT summed it up about right with the Ungrateful Merkins point.

That and really any member of my family who followed league have hated Souths regardless of the team they supported. So in a way it is carrying on family tradition

My Dad was a Souths Supporter, one of My uncles, is a Souths Supporter and I work With two Souths Supporters........ Dad was always grateful ,and the other supporters that I know are grateful that other Teams and their Supporters marched and fought to get them back into the comp

as to the OP, I do not hate Souths, and all the BS about Bunniesman......so he shows pride and confidence in his Team, Good on him

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Why?

Jealousy .
A lot of other fans are jealous of the Souths history of success combined with the last 40 years of poor results makes them an easy target for the jealous haters.
why would you pick on the Sharks who have never won a comp or other teams that have had limited success over the last 40 years.

The haters worst fear is Souths winning a GF.
There's your answer. And no, it's not jealousy, it's arrogance.

dogslife

Coach
They're pretty hung up on the fact they've won the most premierships yet 90% of their supporters weren't alive to see any of them

alien

Referee
What these supporters miss and do not understand is what it is like to have a rich history of success. STG fans can understand it when they wish , Roosters fans can to an extent , however history reminds them painfully , they have always been in our shadow.

not really. that merged team only has 1 premiership

Big Sam

First Grade
They're pretty hung up on the fact they've won the most premierships yet 90% of their supporters weren't alive to see any of them

You'd have to be at least 50 (i.e. 8 or 9 in 1971) to have seen and appreciated the most recent one. I'd say the bulk (~60-70%) of our members would be over that age.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I personally acknowledge the Dragons history. Their merger was more of a semi relocation than a real merger. There is nothing of the Steelers in that club. It is the St George jersey, the St George mascot, the St George logo, the St George colours. And because there is no premierships to count from the other team like there is with the Tigers, I'm fine with them counting their 15 St George premierships.

In my head the St George Illawarra Dragons are simply a partially relocated St George Dragons.

BranVan3000

Coach
I personally acknowledge the Dragons history. Their merger was more of a semi relocation than a real merger. There is nothing of the Steelers in that club. It is the St George jersey, the St George mascot, the St George logo, the St George colours. And because there is no premierships to count from the other team like there is with the Tigers, I'm fine with them counting their 15 St George premierships.

In my head the St George Illawarra Dragons are simply a partially relocated St George Dragons.

I agree with you on that. I don't see the point in pretending Dragons only have one Premiership

Vic Mackey

Referee
Fortunately, I wasn't really looking for 'ringing endorsements' for my post. I just felt like someone had to point out the rubbish that Vic spouted.

One of your fans asked why we hate them, I replied with my reasons. If you don't like them then don't ask

Galeforce

Bench

history maintains passion and is why the game survives.

Look at Origin , most of you do not even understand why the passion is now there. YEars ago the NSW VS QLD game were a dud affair , with as much real interest to a NSW fan as todays City vs Country.Ask your dads why the game became of interest to NSW fans .Folks who do not appreciate the history , can only enjoy the sport today , boring:p

Imagine NRL if every year , the teams changed their name and colors and all players were pulled from a hat into a new team.

without the history , forget it i would follow the real world game soccer.

alien

Referee

nope.
on the first grade premierships tally st. george will be frozen on 15 forever
st. george illawarra have 1 premiership

Desert Qlder

First Grade
It is sheer numbers.

The overwhelming majority of members on this forum are fans of clubs that are natural enemines of Souths. Add to that a bunch of members that bend in the prevailing breezes.

Every fan likes to hate certain clubs and I'm no different, but Souths are not one of mine.

Good on you Souths for your success this year and your history, it will be a shame when North Queensland knocks you out fo the finals.

jonno_knights

Juniors
I think its ever since Russell Took over. People felt sorry for them before that, and they were much of an afterthought.

There Hogwarts inspired Armani suits was very arrogant.

Funny how the Knights have an owner worth 20x Russell Crowe, and ever increasing, but they still turn up to games in casual clothes and their 'district' hoodies haha.

And add to that a very deluded fan base on here (not all of them, but enough to make an impact).

haha

Juniors
Doesn't matter what people think about souths, It's only an internet forum.
The worst thing is that most threads are filled with rubbish, the mods could do a better job keeping threads on topic.
I reckon most threads don't get to 15 posts before they turn to shit.

BigRedV

Juniors
For me its the fans.
After not winning or even being remotely close to winning anything in most of our lifetime's you would think their fans would learn to shut the f**k up and not be the most smug merkins on the planet after a few wins.
Yet year after year, a few wins in July and its, move aside we are awesome, time.

Latest posts