What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is Souths the most hated team on here?

natheel

Coach
Bunniesman for me

The way he carries on his absolutly ridiculous

And in saying that I don't hate souths as a team I enjoy watching them play. They're my dads team and after a long time of seeing him down after a season it's good to see him smiling. Even if parra arnt going well.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The simple fact is that I think a lot of posters on this site are 15 years of age or less and have no recollection of Souths ever being even remotely competitive and don?t understand what Souths supporters feel that they have every right to be proud of and don?t appreciate that most of the superlatives (including the often mentioned and maligned ?Pride of the League? tag) were given to us by people from outside the club. Like Claude Corbett in 1925. Clubs like St George Illawarra and Wests Tigers have no history to draw upon and would much prefer that we didn?t either and I believe resent the fact. The rest either just don?t like Russell Crowe or Bunniesman.

In saying that this website does not reflect a fair cross-section of the greater rugby league community. Most of the outright hate is only found here and on an Easts forum.
15 years of age?

You're being generous. I'm in my mid-twenties and I don't remember a single season of Souths' that could be considered "successful".

not one word of that is from players. Writing about Souths sells papers. Not trying to sound arrogant about that but it's true. Who really cares what is in the DT anyway? And don't act like your players are saints

Not one word from the players? :lol: NATHAN PEATS AND JASON CLARK?

Are those two just pretending to be Souths players?

http://nrl.com/souths-tell-fans-to-start-getting-excited/tabid/10874/newsid/68949/default.aspx

natheel

Coach
For me its the fans.
After not winning or even being remotely close to winning anything in most of our lifetime's you would think their fans would learn to shut the f**k up and not be the most smug merkins on the planet after a few wins.
Yet year after year, a few wins in July and its, move aside we are awesome, time.

This coming from a dragons fan is hilarious

Apey

Staff member
lol@souffs on LU goes back way before the last few years, melon (and others) have been loling at souffs for over half a decade.

Let's be honest - the main reason it has hit popularity in the last few years is because LU's dumbest ever poster signed up in 2010 or whatever, talking them up when they were still going so shit :lol:

And that's the crux of it, really... some Souths fans on here have always talked themselves up (even before the genius) when their team has been so very, very shit.

It doesn't help that Souths probably have the three of the dumbest LU posters in their fanbase though. We all have them, but old man Galeforce, Bunniesman & Nemesis have a severe case of the stupid beyond belief.

Apey

Staff member
In saying that, I don't hate them, but since BM has joined I've just wanted them to fail miserably. 2011 provided the lols, 2012 is very disappointing.

BranVan3000

Coach
15 years of age?

You're being generous. I'm in my mid-twenties and I don't remember a single season of Souths' that could be considered "successful".

http://nrl.com/souths-tell-fans-to-start-getting-excited/tabid/10874/newsid/68949/default.aspx
The journalists asked Jason Clark whether, as a fan of Souths growing up, he was excited with the squads progress heading into the finals. He agreed he was excited for Souths to be doing well. How is their anything boisterous about that?

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au

If you actually watch the interviews, the players refuse to be drawn into saying anything about finals, premierships, minor premierships or anything of the sort and constantly reassert that their concentration is on next week. That is how every player has been this year when interviewed

Really you just bolstered my point, the papers will take any little word from a Souths player and make a story from it.

BunniesMan

Immortal
15 years of age?

Try actually reading the quotes and not the headline an idiot editor put up.

"A premiership is still far away. We're not really aiming for there. We've got to worry about the five games coming up."
Geez BM look at what you've done :lol:
An earlier post of mine sums things up. Some people on here think I'm the worst human ever and my team going well and me being happy makes baby jesus cry.

I'm far from perfect but I think there is a number of people on this forum, from a lot of different clubs, who are much worse than me. But for some reason I seem to have caught the attention of a number of haters who I think are way too harsh on me.

I don't think there is anything in particular I do that is so much worse than what a number of other does. And I think a lot of the criticism aimed at me is unfair when those same people don't say anything about others who are a lot worse.

Stagger Lee

Bench
I actually hate, with a passion, the Cronulla super league judas Scum. But you hardly ever see a shark supporter carry on like the Bunnyman or Bigcountry / Galefarce and Nemmywanker dick-heads in this forum. In fact many of the shire scum supporters have a very good sense of humour and are the first to laugh at their own clubs predicament. I guess most none Dragon supporters would actually like the Sharks to win a grand final in a natural desire to support the underdog because underdogs tend to be humble.

Never disliked Souths before I joined the forum BranVan3000. They were not a super league club and were not party to St Georges near demise. The anti south's stuff on the forum is just a reaction to the idiots.

Do I feel sorry for people like Ziggy the god and other good South supporters? Yep

Will I stop kicking the Souffs trolls? No ..not as long as they continue to steal oxygen

haha

Juniors
I don't understand the people who hate souths because of bunniesman.
Doesn't the fact he can he can make you hate a team mean he's getting the better of you?

BigRedV

Juniors
This coming from a dragons fan is hilarious

Yeah cause making regular appearances in the final series is hilarious?

Yes they hadn't won anything in a while before 2010, but they are regularly up there with a shot.
Now compare that with (before this year) one appearance in the 8 for souffs in the last 10 or so years. Pretty simple why it would be coming from a Dragons fan now isn't it??

As for hilarious, a parra fan currently mocking ANYONE - thats hilarious :D

BigRedV

Juniors
I don't understand the people who hate souths because of bunniesman.
Doesn't the fact he can he can make you hate a team mean he's getting the better of you?

the problem is everyone knows at least one souffs fan who is a replica of bunniesman - the f**ks are everywhere!!

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Because of Bunniesman.
Even I hate him and his support of Souths

There is a difference between backing your side and never admitting when they have been shiate. Hi BM.

Further, if you continually put the boot into other supporters and endlessly start pathetic threads, then you will get it back tenfold. You there BM?

Sure, we always copped the jibes of having a bigger drought than the Sahara, but every club has their soft point. Got it BM?

Before he was on the forums, it was never as fierce.

So all of us have to cop it now. That is how it is, so we just have to suck it up.

Personally, what is far worse was sitting through the last few decades copping floggings, and trudging out of the Stadium each time. Four or five wins a year.

This year, some of the games over the past few weeks, we have been ahead by plenty. I still ask my brother if we can relax for the last 20. He just laughs at me. Of course he then gives me permission to do so.

As they say, a broken clock is right twice a day, maybe, maybe......ours is a 40 odd year clock.
If not, we just wait for the clock to be right one day. Somebody, somefink........

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Try actually reading the quotes and not the headline an idiot editor put up.

An earlier post of mine sums things up. Some people on here think I'm the worst human ever and my team going well and me being happy makes baby jesus cry.

I'm far from perfect but I think there is a number of people on this forum, from a lot of different clubs, who are much worse than me. But for some reason I seem to have caught the attention of a number of haters who I think are way too harsh on me.

I don't think there is anything in particular I do that is so much worse than what a number of other does. And I think a lot of the criticism aimed at me is unfair when those same people don't say anything about others who are a lot worse.

This
Pathological lying every day from constable Bunniesgenius is my reason

A wise(I use the term loosely) Souths fan once used Newtons law's to explain why Inglis' hit was not that bad so I think I'm going to take a page out of his book. Here goes, It's because of Newtons 3rd law, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Bunniesman is a f**kwit to other teams and their supporters, therefore he receives equal amount of f**kery back.

FTR I don't hate Souths, I actually like their style of play.

Inb4 physics geeks, Sheldon wannabe's and pretentious douchebags tell me I applied Newtons law wrong.

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
I was sitting on the train to the city, a bloke in front of me was having a convo about NRL, from what I could tell he was a Tigers supporter.. He was nothing but complimentary about Souths and says it is really good to see them doing well. One of my Dragons supporting friends wants Souths to win the comp this year. I think most people like seeing Souths do well.

Most of the hate is on this forum.

Put that down to Bunnies Man. I have always liked Souths and have good friends that are Souths fans. If I hadn't chosen the Roosters to support, I would have chosen Souths. I like the fact that their fans have stuck by them even though they've been pitiful for so many years. I like some of your players (Burgess for example is a champion player - and my brother in law knows him and says he's a top bloke in real life)

But that changed when Bunnies Man came on here. Shouting off about how Souths were going to win the comp before the 2011 season kicked off - how Inglis was the missing piece for 2011 - how he already knows who the Grand Final is going to be between etc etc. Bragging in his signature so every time you see a post you see how he wishes to belittle another proud club.

If I never came on these forums and was never subjected to his moronic carrying on, I'd be quite happy to cheer Souths and in all honesty I'd be loving the run you guys were on right now. I should be LOVING this run, but I can't he has spoiled something which I should be enjoying.

I feel sorry for people like yourself and Ziggy etc - as you come across as decent blokes. Unfortunately Bunnies Man is a tosser and he makes it really hard for people to like Souths. The fact he can't actually get this in his f**king skull and actually show some humility amazes me and makes me wonder if he's not just a f**king troll.

Latest posts