What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is Souths the most hated team on here?

BranVan3000

Coach
This + a few other of the fans on here is why I dislike Souths (or at least reading about them on this forum)

Besides them I've got really nothing against Souths and they're playing some entertaining footy this year.

If you support Dragons or Easts and hate us I understand. In fact I would suggest something is wrong with you if you didn't

Tigers apply to this as well to a lesser extent, but I find that to be more of a friendly rivalry than a hatred

Last edited:

Knightmare

Coach
It's interesting that the Dragons have a lot of haters around here, but their fans don't get half as butt hurt as Souffs fans- even before 3/10/10....

Juju

Juniors
This.
you lose your bet
I have witnessed 4 GF wins by Souths , i was there at each GF 1967 to 1971.
This
During the good times , my focus was Souths and i was optimistic and did not waste my time bagging or laughing at other teams who were in poor form.
During the bad times , my focus is still Souths and i have kept my optimism.

I now respond strongly to tools who instead of focusing on their teams , instead get their kicks from laughing and making fun of Souths and their overly one eyed supporters who do have optimism.
What these supporters miss and do not understand is what it is like to have a rich history of success. STG fans can understand it when they wish , Roosters fans can to an extent , however history reminds them painfully , they have always been in our shadow.
Post proof or stfu.
birth certificate and ticket stubs.

I hate Souths with a passion.

They were validly cut from the competition and whinged like a pack of bitches while teams like Balmain (ahead of them in the pecking order) merged to survive.

Apart from that they are arrogant for no reason. Who gives a shit if you won some competitions when there were three other bullshit teams to compete against? Souths are FAILURES in the modern era yet constantly wank on every year about how this will be their year blah blah.

Pride of the League, my arse. Moses saw them win their last Premiership and since then they've been a joke yet they still think they're better than everyone else.

They're owned by a Hollywood wanker and a millionaire snob.

Their fans are geniuss.

I'm a one-eyed Parra fan but I hate Souths more than the Bulldogs and Manly combined.

They should never have been allowed back into the comp.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It's interesting that the Dragons have a lot of haters around here, but their fans don't get half as butt hurt as Souffs fans- even before 3/10/10....

It's because our brains are more evolved and don't have defective medula oblongatas.

Souths are the "most hated" because some of our fans are so very easily baited. When most of the trolls on this forum get bored and go looking for easy targets, all they need do is roll out the old lol @ souths line and posters like Nemesis and Bunniesman bite hook line and sinker.

Canard

Immortal
If hatred was based on threads created, than Cronulla must be one of the most hated clubs in all of sporting history. Up until this season every week there was another death riding thread created on LU about the Sharkies they far eclipsed some measly LOL@Souffs thread.

Now that would be a true fairlytale that most League supporters would be happy to see, the Sharkies winning the big one. True fibro spirit with a bargain basement team.

Whereas this season Souths are the geniune Silvertails of the comp.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
attachment

Good guy Greg basically sums up why I like him but dislike every other Souths fan.

the dude

Juniors
I hate Souths with a passion.

They were validly cut from the competition and whinged like a pack of bitches while teams like Balmain (ahead of them in the pecking order) merged to survive.

Apart from that they are arrogant for no reason. Who gives a shit if you won some competitions when there were three other bullshit teams to compete against? Souths are FAILURES in the modern era yet constantly wank on every year about how this will be their year blah blah.

Pride of the League, my arse. Moses saw them win their last Premiership and since then they've been a joke yet they still think they're better than everyone else.

They're owned by a Hollywood wanker and a millionaire snob.

Their fans are geniuss.

I'm a one-eyed Parra fan but I hate Souths more than the Bulldogs and Manly combined.

They should never have been allowed back into the comp.

I_aint_even_mad_493_You_mad_Bro-s485x364-193971-580.jpg

BranVan3000

Coach

Most of that could be applied to Parra too. I guess we aren't so different after all :D

Big Sam

First Grade
You germs are the last pricks to ever talk about raiding a junior base after your snake move to the NSWRFL complaining about Easts.

Don't nitpick. What about the rest of the issues I raised in that paragraph? Where's your proof for the 'support' Politis gave us during our enforced exile?

AnfieldIron

Juniors
There are many reasons. As said the whole ‘pride of the league’ thing. I don’t know a single non souths fan who is proud of souths. The fans go on and on about the 20 premierships like we are all meant to bow down before them. I don’t care about anything that happened before I was born. If the tigers had of won the last 75 premierships before I was born it wouldn’t mean sh*t to me. Its like your great grand father telling you about all the pussy he used to get when he was 20. The fans reek of arrogance despite having absolutely no reason too.
I was one of the many neutral fans who marched for souths to get back into the comp. I went to the USA game at redfern and the You Am I concert/fundraiser. I bet I did more to get souths back in the comp then most of their fans on here did. As soon as they re-entered instead of a thanks, souths fans gave every clubs supporters a big ‘f*ck you’* and went back to their scummy ways. If a Sydney team got kicked out now I guarantee souths fans wouldn’t lift a finger to help, they’d probably be the first ones laughing.
I know every fan base has a certain mong element, and believe me the tigers have their share, but souths have by far the biggest. At Sundays game I thought I was in an 80s time warp. The majority of souths fans look like they live in a caravan park and have never worked a day in their life. They don’t understand the most basic rules of the game, swear and carry on much worse then any other fans by far.
At Sundays game they showed the highlights from last weeks win against saints. The ‘highlights’ consisted of all the tries souths scored, along with Inglis knocking out Young and Burgess pushing Morris into the signage. When they showed the Inglis hit the stadium erupted in applause like they had just witnesses souths win the grand final. Cheering a bloke getting knocked out, absolute scum.
Russell crowe publicly bagged out other teams saying he doesn’t play ‘chequebook’ rugby league…then proceeded to buy Sam Burgess, Roy Asotasi, David Taylor, Greg Inligs etc, then had the hid to slam Chris Sandow for leaving for better money.
This year the team has a certain amount of ‘thugness’ about them. I like Sam Burgess but this year he has gone on with so much unnecessary crap its ridiculous, pushing Brett Morris well after he had scored is a prime example. Dave Taylor and Issac Luke are two of the least likeable players in the NRL. Taylor is the biggest bloke in the NRL but only ever runs at blokes 40kgs lighter then him then carries on like he has run over the top of mike Tyson. Luke is filth and purposely tries to injure players. Then the whole Greg Inglis ‘planes don’t fly in the rain’ thing. They are just an unlikable team.

This is one of the most laughable, one-eyed, idiotic posts I've ever read on this forum. Basically, the moral of the story is, "I just don't like them, OK."

We go on about our 20 premierships. Oh, I'm so sorry Vic that we're proud of our strong history. We don't exactly have a whole lot else to crow about, do we? To say that you wouldn't give a shit if the Tigers had won the last 75 premierships before you were born is plain and simply a lie. I guarantee you that if any other club in the NRL had our history of success (pre-1971 obviously), you'd be hearing about it from their fans. It's hardly arrogance to be proud of a time when we were a good side. We haven't been one for bloody long enough.

Your second paragraph is based on assumptions (bad ones) and vitriolic bullshit. Thank you for marching for us. We appreciate, as a fan base, that other sides helped to have us re-instated. However, to say you did more than most fans here is, again, wrong. My family was a strong contributor to the Save Our Souths movement, and my dad was actually on the board. Please explain to me how we gave a big 'f**k you' to other clubs when we were back in the NRL. I really would love to hear your response. What would you like us to have done? Maybe we could have just made a gentlemen's agreement with the other teams in the competition to roll over in each match and allow them to win (which we kind of unintentionally did from 2002-2006 anyway). And in saying that Souths fans wouldn't lift a finger for a Sydney team in danger, this couldn't be further from the truth. You can accuse us of many things, but we certainly don't have short memories. If a fellow Sydney team were in trouble, I think you'd find that Souths fans would turn up in droves.

Like you say, we have an interesting cross-section of fans, but so does every team. The Burrow are a passionate group of supporters. They might go over the top at times, but so do the die-hard Dragons supporters, or the Eels supporters. I had such a disgraceful pair of Tigers supporters behind me at the SFS earlier this season, that me and my girlfriend had to move at HT. They covered us in spit for 40 minutes, made more use of the word merkin than I've ever heard in my life, and my girlfriend honestly feared for her safety. I didn't use those two idiots as a stick to beat Wests with though, they are just a couple of dickheads. All clubs have them. The end.

Yes, the club shows highlights of last week's game, and yes, it is basically just the SOUTHS highlights. Do you really think the home fans want to see the tries the Dragons scored? The stadium erupted in applause when the GI hit was shown because they are supporting the greatest player Souths have had in 20 years. Honestly mate, this post of yours is like a lesson in clutching at straws. If Gareth Ellis had of put a massive hit on, and was suspended for a longer amount of time than any other similar penalty received that season, and the clip was shown on the big screen, I guarantee you the Tigers fans would put their support behind Gareth Ellis by yelling and screaming. It is the nature of a biased, home support. You seem like you have an issue with passionate supporters? Do the Tigers not have them?

Ugh. The Russell Crowe argument is just old and tired. Every club signs players from other teams. It's 2012. Yes, Rusty likes to create a bit of spin and he makes headlines. No one likes to recognise the huge amount of work he does creating interest in the NRL in the USA and other markets. The NRL doesn't even acknowledge him. Maybe the ARLC will utilise his promotional talents as they should.

The Taylor thing is pretty funny. Hating a bloke because he carries out the game plan that his coach asks him to. I'll give you a hot tip Vic, he runs at little blokes because that's what Michael Maguire asks of him, and because that's where he is extremely dangerous. If the coach asked him to play more through the middle, he'd do that too.

Good post though. Really well thought out and argued. :roll:

Last edited:

KiamaSaint

Coach
Actually Anfield Iron it's spot on, but the fact Souths can't see that or don't care is yet another reason.

BunniesMan

Immortal
NOW that they are WINNING all the "so called fans" suddenly come out of the woodwork like termites.
Do you expect us to ban anyone who hasn't been to a game before 2012 from entering ANZ on our game days?

Of course we'll get bandwagoners, every single club gets their share of bandwagoners chasing glory or at least lazy supporters who starting showing up to games. But everybody has those.

A lot of clubs create life long fans out of people that fall in love with the club during their glory years. There's probably young kids in Minto and Yagoona and Kellyville who fell in love with Manly watching them win their recent premierships who will follow them for the next 50 years. Same with the Raiders and Broncos in the 90s, same with the Dogs and Eels in the 80s.

Bandwagoners are not exclusive to our club, and they can be an opportunity to create a new generation of lifelong fans.

Latest posts