What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is Souths the most hated team on here?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Can't stand issac luke. Made the throat cutting sign when dean young was having a neck brace put on him, also came out and said that he tried to break a players leg in a leg twist which he was suspended for. IMO if a guy admits he did something to purposely injurie someone he should be rubbed out for the year. Imagine he broke rangi chase's ankle in the same way taniela tuiaki broke his and rangi could never play again.

If Michael ennis did that to Greg Inglis he would be the most hated person in the world.

Luke is just a scum of a person.
Well that never happened.

Now that Souths are in the top 4 and are a slight Chance of Going all the way, the amount of face saving posts in this thread from the haters, is f**ken hillarious

JohnnyQuid

Juniors

Thats simple.

A complete misunderstanding by their stakeholders of everything Souths represents.

You see Souths as the current underdog, returning to it's former glory as champion of the people.

Everyone else sees you as an old alcoholic, sitting at the bar, berating everyone for not giving you enough respect... All while pissing your pants.

And the audacity. No one watches an action movie and then runs around saying "WE beat the bad guy"! So its just as pathetic when you say "We won titles".

A fan should earn the right to celebrate a premiership by having to go through the ups and downs of everything the sport offers. Souths are ripe for that privilege. But instead of being like Cronulla fans and accepting your underdog position until that glorious day comes, you all instead act like the damn thing doesnt matter when you fail because of past victories and belittle new achievements for tribulations you never actually experienced.

Its all just a giant case of knowing when to STFU!

big country

Juniors

Thats simple.

A complete misunderstanding by their stakeholders of everything Souths represents.

You see Souths as the current underdog, returning to it's former glory as champion of the people.

Everyone else sees you as an old alcoholic, sitting at the bar, berating everyone for not giving you enough respect... All while pissing your pants.

And the audacity. No one watches an action movie and then runs around saying "WE beat the bad guy"! So its just as pathetic when you say "We won titles".

A fan should earn the right to celebrate a premiership by having to go through the ups and downs of everything the sport offers. Souths are ripe for that privilege. But instead of being like Cronulla fans and accepting your underdog position until that glorious day comes, you all instead act like the damn thing doesnt matter when you fail because of past victories and belittle new achievements for tribulations you never actually experienced.

Its all just a giant case of knowing when to STFU!
Cool story brah!

Canard

Immortal
Now that Souths are in the top 4 and are a slight Chance of Going all the way, the amount of face saving posts in this thread from the haters, is f**ken hillarious

In no way is my dislike or like of a another team related to there momentary on-field success or failure.

redvscotty

First Grade
Reasons for why I have a soft spot for Souths:

- My dad was a massive fan.

Reason for why I can't stand Souths:

- Inglis
- Taylor
- Crowe
- Sandow (who the f**k is male and called 'Chrissy'? - Playing for Eels now is not an issue, he still has the taint of red and green)
- Dunniesman
- That stupid merkin who has a pic of Jack Rayner (sp?) in his sig.
- A deluded fan of theirs I have on facebook who seems to think every team is full of merkins and is shit except souf sinney.
- The playing roster has gotten more and more arrogant and f**kwittish than any other team in the comp despite them winning a grand total of f**king nothing for the past 40 years. Anyone would think Souths are on a roll for 12 premierships in a row.

Galeforce

Bench
haw haw haw

and after reading most of the poor reasoning ,the answers are ?

Souths best history SHOULD NOT be mentioned by Souths fans ( some fans cannot stand it).
Souths would be more accepted if they focused on their worst history and never attempted to talk it up.

Souths fans should not feel annoyed about being kicked out of the NRL and instead should thank all the teams for feeling sorry for them. Souths Did NOT get back in because some fans matched with Souths fans. They got back in because they went to court and won the right to get back in as they were illegally kicked out.So stick it!

Juju

Juniors
about that proud history.

back in ancient history...Souths used to tour NZ while champions and lose to local Auckland club sides.
:D

Galeforce

Bench
about that proud history.

back in ancient history...Souths used to tour NZ while champions and lose to local Auckland club sides.
:D

AND i forgot the most important.
When twits , who are ashamed to focus on their team ,and can only get their kicks by laughing at Souths , just accept it , because twits do not like anyone talking back , especially with any historical facts.

Hanscholo

Bench
A few reasons. The Souths fans, at least the vocal ones, are all assuming and way over confident. It comes as a surprise to us that people that have done nothing for 40 years talk as if they are some sort of thing to aspire to.

Secondly id say that most of us on here that aren't south's supporters have grown up used to flogging them week in week out and having them finish last. So we don't like to see them succeed because frankly its not working for us.

So its a combination of things. Less big talk will pave the way for us to accept a new dawn, if in fact that is what is upon us. But we will all just be waiting for you to fail, which inevitably you will.

bottle

Coach
There are face saving posts? Most of what I've read have been honest appraisals and answers in response to BV's question.

Galeforce

Bench
And this is why we LOL @ 50uffs idiots like you :lol:

Souths lost the the high court decision (overturning the fedral court decision) even bunnyderp knows this! :lol:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/journals/JCULRev/2003/6.html

News ltd let you back in

HAw Haw Haw , what an idiot you are , another revisionist.
Souths won the court case in 2001 and were BACK in the competition in 2002. So News did not let us back in, you dope.
The high court decision you quote was in 2003 , derrrr

Last edited:

Stagger Lee

Bench
They got back in because they went to court and won the right to get back in as they were illegally kicked out.

No :lol:

It was found by the high court that News Ltd did not kick you out illegally. It was found that they had the right to exclude you from the competition AND that they had the right to exclude other teams in the future.

Yes News LTD had already allowed Souths back into the competition but that was on their own vocation.

Please Galefarce continue to tell us all how the highest court in the land is wrong ;-) :cool:

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
I was sitting on the train to the city, a bloke in front of me was having a convo about NRL, from what I could tell he was a Tigers supporter.. He was nothing but complimentary about Souths and says it is really good to see them doing well. One of my Dragons supporting friends wants Souths to win the comp this year. I think most people like seeing Souths do well.

Most of the hate is on this forum.

I'd be quite happy for Souths to win a premiership. As I would be if Cronulla got back in form and ended up getting the premiership. It'd be good to see a team with a history of inept failure over the past decade jag one.

I don't hate Souths. There is one annoying poster who has absolutely NFI about rugby league, yet consistently pops up with the most ludicrous comments in posts... You can tell the bloke is a sycophantic liar of epic proportions.

Latest posts