What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is the NFL so successful

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Notice how the NFL fans can offer no reasons for why their sport is good as a counter argument? They can only attack me personally. Shooting the messenger is an amateur tactic and won't get you twats no where with false claims.

The reality is that everytihng I've said about the NFL is true. The only thing subjective is that the NFL isn't a real sport. That's open to personal opinion. However everything else I've mentioned is true. You plastic yanks just don't like it.

Even NFL highlights are sh*t. Nothing impressive or entertaining. Same thing everyplay, ball comes out of the scrimmage line, token white man catches the ball, he feels lucky, he throws a fake, he reverses, omg quick they're gonna sack you! token white boy throws the ball... And the ball is either caught, fumbled or lands in the middle of nowhere.

The process is then repeated about 200 times throughout the space of 3 hours. You will see about 6 tocuh downs, all of which involve the token white boy receiving the ball from the scrimmage line and throwing it DIRECTLY into the hands of a catcher in the end zone.

Touch downs in the NFL are not exciting, unless the ball is ran from deep. Which doesn't happen often. On average about once a game I'd say.

NFL teams rarely run the ball with any real invention. If the token white boy doesn't throw the ball he'll pass it backwards to some big guy who will try to burst his way through an army of fat boys massaging each others arm. 9 times out of 10 he will not make it past the fat boys and the play will reset.

You don't know how much I've forced myself to try and like the NFL. Really forced myself. Won't work, the game is garbage. I'd rather watch tribute videos of the NFL on Youtube than watch an actual game. It's that bad.

The sport has nothing. It's inferior to all codes of rugby. Once you've seen enough games and the glitz and glamour of American football no long interests you then you too will lose interest in their farcical advertising vechile.

Their players are fat too. I wish people would stop pretending they're athletes because of made up NFL stats.

bobmar28

Bench
Rugby Highlights is exactly right. A terrible sport to watch, about as much fun as watching games of chess. A move every 10 minutes, no improvisation, all structure and premeditation. Even test cricket beats it for entertainment value. But hey what can u expect from a nation that is hooked on Nascar. Watching grass grow is more exciting.

Thanks for reminding me. I'm really into Nascar, I need to check the Ten website to see when it's on- and NFL of course.

edit... 7.30pm Tuesday for anyone interested. NFL 8.15 am tomorrow on One HD.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
Notice how the NFL fans can offer no reasons for why their sport is good as a counter argument? They can only attack me personally. Shooting the messenger is an amateur tactic and won't get you twats no where with false claims.

The reality is that everytihng I've said about the NFL is true. The only thing subjective is that the NFL isn't a real sport. That's open to personal opinion. However everything else I've mentioned is true. You plastic yanks just don't like it.

Even NFL highlights are sh*t. Nothing impressive or entertaining. Same thing everyplay, ball comes out of the scrimmage line, token white man catches the ball, he feels lucky, he throws a fake, he reverses, omg quick they're gonna sack you! token white boy throws the ball... And the ball is either caught, fumbled or lands in the middle of nowhere.

The process is then repeated about 200 times throughout the space of 3 hours. You will see about 6 tocuh downs, all of which involve the token white boy receiving the ball from the scrimmage line and throwing it DIRECTLY into the hands of a catcher in the end zone.

Touch downs in the NFL are not exciting, unless the ball is ran from deep. Which doesn't happen often. On average about once a game I'd say.

NFL teams rarely run the ball with any real invention. If the token white boy doesn't throw the ball he'll pass it backwards to some big guy who will try to burst his way through an army of fat boys massaging each others arm. 9 times out of 10 he will not make it past the fat boys and the play will reset.

You don't know how much I've forced myself to try and like the NFL. Really forced myself. Won't work, the game is garbage. I'd rather watch tribute videos of the NFL on Youtube than watch an actual game. It's that bad.

The sport has nothing. It's inferior to all codes of rugby. Once you've seen enough games and the glitz and glamour of American football no long interests you then you too will lose interest in their farcical advertising vechile.

Their players are fat too. I wish people would stop pretending they're athletes because of made up NFL stats.

We get it. You don't like the game. Why then are you wasting your time on this thread?

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
We get it. You don't like the game. Why then are you wasting your time on this thread?

My time originally wasn't wasted. I was explaining to those ignorant to the NFL why it's so successfull financially.

Then an army of intellectual dwarfs, including your good self, thought the need to attack me and my statements of facts because they don't comply with your personal opinion on the sh*t sport of gridiron.

I then felt the need to defend myself and highlight in depth why the NFL is boring and predictable. Whether I've wasted my time is arguebly, I don't have much better to do at this second in time.

What about you, what's brought you to the debate?

bobmar28

Bench
My time originally wasn't wasted. I was explaining to those ignorant to the NFL why it's so successfull financially.

Then an army of intellectual dwarfs, including your good self, thought the need to attack me and my statements of facts because they don't comply with your personal opinion on the sh*t sport of gridiron.

I then felt the need to defend myself and highlight in depth why the NFL is boring and predictable. Whether I've wasted my time is arguebly, I don't have much better to do at this second in time.

That's easy, I enjoy watching NFL.

Why should we offer a counter-arugument to an intolerant, ignorant twat like you. You are spouting all these generalised anti-NFL idoitic remarks that show you have absolutelty no idea about the game.

You want to know why I like NFL. Because it is by far the most strategic sport on the planet. It is like chess. With the coaches the chess players and the players like the chess pieces. Each play is a game within itself. What is the offense going to do? How is the defense going to counter? Then you have different types of offenses and defenses in different scenarios. Extroadinarily complex. Probably why a simpleton like you doesn't like it.

This proves you are absolutely clueless. You may think you are. But you aren't. Hvae you ever heard of the option, wildcat, screen? What about the spread offense (very popular in college these days)? Or the West Coast? Or even the wishbone? There are a myriad of different types of plays and offenses and it is good to understand of each one.

Another point proving your ignorance. Have you ever truly watched a game?

Some people don't like the game. BUT STOP BEING AN INTOLERANT WANKER ABOUT IT. Just because people like the game doesn't make them idiots, doesn't make the game garbage. Just move on and accept that a LOT of people like the game and can understand it.

Further proof of your ignorance and probably the ultimate proof you have NEVER watched a game. Yeah ALL their players are fat. Right? You are AN IDIOT!

I've been trying to force myself to watch the NFL for a year and a half. I even own an NFL website. I watch more of the stuff than I care for.

It's boring and sh*t. There's nothing impressive, even the touchdowns are garbage. A long forward pass into the hands of someone standing in the end zone. Boring.

Your intolerant argument is predictable and false. Try again.

Ha ha ha ....

You think all NFL players are fat = you have never watched an NFL game in your life

You = intolerant, ignoarant twat.

The reason people are attacking you is because you have been extremely intolerant about your views

Do you know what intolerance means?

It means you are unable to accept a different opinion to your own. I hate seafood. But I don't go around telling everyone who likes seafood is an imbecile, that seafood is sh*t, that the only reason people like it is because they are morons? Do you now understand why you are being attacked?

You add nothing to this debate because of your intolerance.

So STFU!

mjk_898

Juniors
The reason people are attacking you is because you have been extremely intolerant about your views

It means you are unable to accept a different opinion to your own. I hate seafood. But I don't go around telling everyone who likes seafood is an imbecile, that seafood is sh*t, that the only reason people like it is because they are morons? Do you now understand why you are being attacked?

So STFU!

Agreed.

You don't like the NFL, and that's cool. But to continuously make garbage comments about the NFL and insult the people that like the game is just geniused. Getting back to the topic, the NFL operate in a unique market and its really hard to compare to the NRL.

The only thing that the NRL could consider is switching to one manufacturer for all the team's jerseys. Reebok signed a massive deal to become the exclusive supplier to the NFL - not saying that the NRL could get anything near what Reebok pay the NFL, just all the teams together might have more bargaining power than one individual team.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Why should we offer a counter-arugument to an intolerant, ignorant twat like you. You are spouting all these generalised anti-NFL idoitic remarks that show you have absolutelty no idea about the game.

You want to know why I like NFL. Because it is by far the most strategic sport on the planet. It is like chess. With the coaches the chess players and the players like the chess pieces. Each play is a game within itself. What is the offense going to do? How is the defense going to counter? Then you have different types of offenses and defenses in different scenarios. Extroadinarily complex. Probably why a simpleton like you doesn't like it.

I understand it perfectly. But being complicated doesn't change the fact it's not entertaining. Like chess It's something I'd rather not watch. It's boring and has little entertainment value. There's a reason chess has sh*t TV ratings.

ElectricEelMan said:
This proves you are absolutely clueless. You may think you are. But you aren't. Hvae you ever heard of the option, wildcat, screen? What about the spread offense (very popular in college these days)? Or the West Coast? Or even the wishbone? There are a myriad of different types of plays and offenses and it is good to understand of each one.

I mentioned I own an NFL website, right? Of course I've heard of these, It's my job to be informed.

But being complexed doesn't make a game entertaining. If it did then NFL would be better than Union which would be better than League. As it happens League is better than Union which is better than the NFL.

Being overtly complicated accounts for little in regards to entertainment value. Especially when you consider these complications are decided upon by the coach. And players are simply running rehearsed moves. Little actual talent is needed. Familiarity is all that's needed.

ElectricEelMan said:
Another point proving your ignorance. Have you ever truly watched a game?

I watched practically every Denver game last year. Most boring thing I did. As you know Denver aren't really an exciting team but that's besides the point.

ElectricEelMan said:
Some people don't like the game. BUT STOP BEING AN INTOLERANT WANKER ABOUT IT. Just because people like the game doesn't make them idiots, doesn't make the game garbage. Just move on and accept that a LOT of people like the game and can understand it.

I understand it. Your notion that to dislike the game means you're unable to understand it is laughable. Especially when factor in that this game was popularised in one of the most stupid nation on the entire planet.

It's hardly brain science is it.

It humours me that you're offended by my anti-NFL views, but see no problem in hyping the NFL up.

ElectricEelMan said:
Further proof of your ignorance and probably the ultimate proof you have NEVER watched a game. Yeah ALL their players are fat. Right? You are AN IDIOT!

Not all, the majority though. Fat arms like ladies. Undefined muscles. Ohhh, i just scored a break away touch down, somebody bring me the oxygen:lol:

RugbyHighlights

Juniors

So STFU!

You cannot be f**king serious. I don't remember attacking you for your views. As i remember it was you who attacked my opinions. So who's really intolerant? Pot, kettle, black young man.

The NFL as I say is a sport for morons. Now I can accept that not all NFL fans are morons, but that has little mention on the forementioned.

Maybe you should spend less time on an overcomplicating game and more time educating yourself in this simple language? Your comprehension levels are disgraceful.

Go watch 2 hours of commercial breaks and an hour of some sh*te-hawk throwing a ball around a field.

Me > The NFL.

You cannot be f**king serious. I don't remember attacking you for your views. As i remember it was you who attacked my opinions. So who's really intolerant? Pot, kettle, black young man.

The NFL as I say is a sport for morons. Now I can accept that not all NFL fans are morons, but that has little mention on the forementioned.

Maybe you should spend less time on an overcomplicating game and more time educating yourself in this simple language? Your comprehension levels are disgraceful.

Go watch 2 hours of commercial breaks and an hour of some sh*te-hawk throwing a ball around a field.

Me > The NFL.

Intolerant
Ignorant
And now pretentious

Remember your initial post
Just a reminder

Because Americans are idiots. No other reason.

There is no marketing secret, Americans are idiots. That's the genuine anwser.

And I don't think English premier league owners need to observe anything. They have a far better system in place. There's 5 different professional soccer leagues in England alone. And the EPS(English Premier League) makes far more on international TV rights than the NFL can dream of. The NFL have to practically give away their TV rights internationally. Nobody is willing to pay any real money.

The NFL is a vechile for marketing. That's all it is. It's 3 hours of adverts with 30 minutes of gridiron thrown in. Their success comes on the back of their format and the money that format generates.

For the NRL to do what the NFL do you would literally have to kill the game of League. That's the only way. You won't generate enough money to throw around otherwise. Not only that, but you have to factor in how big America is. They have a population FIFTEEN times the size of Australia.

The only thing impressive in what the NFL has done is actually brainwashing a nation into believing the 'sport' has genuine entertainment value.

So even if you did ruin the great game of league and turned it into an advertisment fest, you'd still come nowhere near accomplishing what the NFL have done because of the simple numbers game.

You attacked EVERY ONE who likes NFL by saying they are brainwashed into thinking the NFL has genuine entertainment value ... thats intolerance
You attacked Americans because they like NFL by calling them Morons ... thats intolerance

Then you say the NFL is 'a sport for Morons'

Do you not understand the meaning of intolerance?

Last edited:

Stop trying to like the NFL. It is much too complicated for a total moron like you with an IQ less than a braindead rabbit.

Now get the f*ck out of this thread, this board, this f*cking world you embarrassment to humanity

I understand it perfectly. But being complicated doesn't change the fact it's not entertaining. Like chess It's something I'd rather not watch. It's boring and has little entertainment value. There's a reason chess has sh*t TV ratings.

I mentioned I own an NFL website, right? Of course I've heard of these, It's my job to be informed.

But being complexed doesn't make a game entertaining. If it did then NFL would be better than Union which would be better than League. As it happens League is better than Union which is better than the NFL.

Being overtly complicated accounts for little in regards to entertainment value. Especially when you consider these complications are decided upon by the coach. And players are simply running rehearsed moves. Little actual talent is needed. Familiarity is all that's needed.

I watched practically every Denver game last year. Most boring thing I did. As you know Denver aren't really an exciting team but that's besides the point

I understand it. Your notion that to dislike the game means you're unable to understand it is laughable. Especially when factor in that this game was popularised in one of the most stupid nation on the entire planet.

It's hardly brain science is it.

It humours me that you're offended by my anti-NFL views, but see no problem in hyping the NFL up.

Not all, the majority though. Fat arms like ladies. Undefined muscles. Ohhh, i just scored a break away touch down, somebody bring me the oxygen:lol:

Stop lying.
You have proven you know nothing about the game.
You just yabba on like a pretentious little snot nosed intolerant and ignorant genius.

NOW F*CK OFF!

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
I understand it perfectly. And I can't recall denying my intolerance to the sh*t excuse for a sport.

The point is it reaks of f**king hypocrisy for you to run around using that word when you're doing the exact same thing.

I don't expect you to understand really. Like Americans you're subject to brainwashing from the same media machine. Last time I was in Australia I had to do a double take. Full of pretend-Americans.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Stop lying.
You have proven you know nothing about the game.
You just yabba on like a pretentious little snot nosed intolerant and ignorant genius.

NOW F*CK OFF!

Why would I lie? nflzone.net is my f**king website your merkin. I've also got rugbyhighlights.net

There is no lying. You're intolerant. IGNORANT AND INTEROLERANT.

Because I think the game is sh*t I'm lying. how intolerant is that? Your hypocrisy offends me:lol:

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Stop trying to like the NFL. It is much too complicated for a total moron like you with an IQ less than a braindead rabbit.

Now get the f*ck out of this thread, this board, this f*cking world you embarrassment to humanity

Mate, I've owned Goldfish smarter than you. Allow the IQ arguments because the facts are against you. If we did a general IQ test of all NFL fans I think you'll find they've got anything but a high IQ. So that puts to rest your implied correlation between high intelligence and the NFL.

Now YOU wind your neck in and take a f**king walk.

You're too emotional and it's getting the better of you in this debate.

Mate, I've owned Goldfish smarter than you. Allow the IQ arguments because the facts are against you. If we did a general IQ test of all NFL fans I think you'll find they've got anything but a high IQ. So that puts to rest your implied correlation between high intelligence and the NFL.

Now YOU wind your neck in and take a f**king walk.

You're too emotional and it's getting the better of you in this debate.

RugbyHighlights = Poster Child for 'Why Sometimes the Dumbest Sperm Wins the Race'

I have ripped a turd smarter than you