What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is the NFL so successful

Eelementary

Post Whore
This post, whilst innocent in nature, tilted me hard.

I'll never understand why so many people cant spell 'lose' or 'loser'.

To me its an easy word to spell.

Lose- my team will lose today.

loose- tap dat ho because she real loose coz she sleep around.

Add- short for advertisement. Why tha double DD? titties on tha brain?
if i say 'put tha letter in tha mail i dont say 'maill' short for mailbox.

Sorry to single a brother out. Just made me hectic tilt.

"It's" is an easy word to spell, too.

Doug2234

First Grade
Absolutely, mate. I watched a college game on ESPN a few months ago (it was a repeat)...85,000 fans in attendance, plus a huge cheerleading core and eve half-time entertainment. It was epic. And it was a freaking college game.

Just...Blew my mind. Imagine the NYC or any other 'lower' tier competition bringing in as many fans or more as a top tier competition.

Yeah some of the stories i hear from my brother who plays for the Uni of Hawaii Warriors are awesome.

He played Florida Gators last year (#1 in US at present) and there were 90,000 people going crazy at Florida's home ground - Ben Hill Griffin Stadium - nicknamed The Swamp.

Pic below.

800px-Ben_Hill_Griffin_Stadium.jpg

Last edited:

Teddyboy

First Grade
Yeah some of the stories i hear from my brother who plays for the Uni of Hawaii Warriors are awesome.

He played Florida Gators last year (#1 in US at present) and there were 90,000 people going crazy at Florida's home ground - Ben Hill Griffin Stadium - nicknamed The Swamp.

Pic below.

800px-Ben_Hill_Griffin_Stadium.jpg
Looks like a Newcastle Knights crowd.

krudmonk

Juniors
College sports are mainly for students, alumni and rednecks. The players may feed into the major pro leagues, but it's not really viewed as a minor league. They exist on a separate plane. You'll find a lot of people who support their school (whether they attended it or just live in a trailer park near it) but not the NBA or NFL.

You have no concept of what you are talking about. Spoken like a true xenophobe.

The distance for us to travel by car from Sydney to Perth would be equivalent to you visiting Eastern Europe. Living in a shell?

the guy is a nutter, hey.

does rugby highlights not know about the Channel tunnel?

its a pretty small island too, so it would kind of suck to say " I have not been anywhere!" when there's about 20 other countries within a few hundred km's from your doorstep!
and its cheap enough.

18to87

Coach
This is an entertaining thread but I just couldn't get over the comment that many NFL players are fat. Obviously rugby highlights has never seen an NFL lineman in person. Although some lineman may not look like pictures of fitness, they are some of the strongest, physically intimidating and most explosive athletes in the world. For a Non NFL fan I can see how watching these guys run in to each other and wrestle can be off putting and not seem very athletic but you have to realize the pure power and aggression that these guys throw at each other every play. Whether you like the game or not you have to respect the type of athletes these guys are. I remember a few years back in the Telegraph they posted results from a Wallabies fitness testing day. Its fact that the majority of college football recruits straight out of high school could beat those results in almost every test.

taste2taste

Juniors
What the NFL do extremely well is work off the theory 'less is more'.

They dont saturate the market, as people have pointed out LA doesn't even have a team, NY has only 2 but could easily accommodate a team in each of its 5 boroughs.

What i like most is the 16 game season, resisting the trend of world sports to squeeze every thing it can out of its players and fans. A short season means you cant have 3/4 of the season off #cough Eels cough# and make the play offs, as ESPN says 'Every game matters'

I would love the NRL season to be this short. With so much on the line each week it would produce higher quality games played with more intensity, and thats what brings large crowds through the gates.

thuggdogg

Juniors
americanz like intensity in sport.

they like sports that build up to nice climactic finishes.

baseball.
gridiron.
confirmed.