What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widders Gone!!!!!

V1er

Juniors
Shame to see him go, but a move is proably best for him and the club. He's been a great player for us in his time here, seems like a top bloke too. will certainly help souths on and off the field.

btaag

Juniors
The manly 6 isnt too bad - he is off contract..... (I dont mean Witt either, though does anyone know when his contract expires at the eagles?)

Does Hagen have someone in mind? If Farrah is coming to be an assistant, would he bring anyone from England?

The Colonel

Immortal
True EEL said:
very unfortunate about Widders, but i did see it coming, still it's sad

Colonel, i see what your arguement is about Morris, however i contend, who will represent a first grade 5/8 at Parramatta if Morris isn't re-signed?

there is literally no one else that can handle the job and i don't see Jamie L coming back here anymore, he is possibly going off to be re-united with his estranged boyfriend Brian Smith at Newcastle???????

so who will it be....Blake Green?

if so, he had better be given an opportunity this year, but then what do you do just brush John Morris - one of our best performers this season?

just seems strange we wouldn't keep him when he wants to coem back and he fits a big need at the club and is well respected among the players...

Not sure Blake needs to be given a chance right now outside of giving him an opportunity to push for a contract upgrade. They could give him the same opportunity that Tim was given last year to train fulltime in the 5/8 role if he agrees to stay. A contract has been offered to him so the ball now appears to be in his and his managers hands.

I think we should keep Morris for his utility value but I don't see him as a priority signing just at the moment. Remember though he is pushing for an extra year as he has an option for next year but wants a further year or so on top of that to remain.;-)

Given that the club is willing to let Morris and possibly Blake go that tells me they have someone in mind. Wish I knew who though. ;-)

scottyeel

Bench
DEAN WIDDERS APPOINTED TO NATIONAL INDIGENOUS COUNCIL
19 June 2006

National Rugby League Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, has today praised the appointment of Parramatta's Dean Widders to the National Indigenous Council (NIC).

The Minister for Indigenous Affairs, the Hon Mal Brough, announced the appointment today.

"Dean Widders has been a recipient of Rugby League's Ken Stephen Medal, of Father Chris Riley's Shine Day Award and of the Bounce Back Foundation's Community Ambassador of the Year award," Mr Gallop said.

"He has been involved in inspiring peoples' sporting ambitions and in encouraging literacy among indigenous youth as a patron of the Books in Homes Programme.

"Dean exemplifies the positive contribution so many of our players make to their community and it is a well deserved recognition on his part.

"The NRL has already expressed it support for projects undertaken by The Minister for Indigenous Affairs, Mal Brough, and for the role that sport can play in providing both positive role models and tangible assistance to indigenous Australians."
http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/news1343.asp

lucablight

First Grade
The Colonel said:
Not sure Blake needs to be given a chance right now outside of giving him an opportunity to push for a contract upgrade. They could give him the same opportunity that Tim was given last year to train fulltime in the 5/8 role if he agrees to stay. A contract has been offered to him so the ball now appears to be in his and his managers hands.

I think we should keep Morris for his utility value but I don't see him as a priority signing just at the moment. Remember though he is pushing for an extra year as he has an option for next year but wants a further year or so on top of that to remain.;-)

Given that the club is willing to let Morris and possibly Blake go that tells me they have someone in mind. Wish I knew who though. ;-)

Wagon ;-)

Gronk

Staff member
Souths want Widders alongside Vagana
Stuart Honeysett
June 20, 2006
SOUTH SYDNEY continued its aggressive recruitment drive for next season by meeting Parramatta utility forward Dean Widders yesterday.

The Rabbitohs met the skilful Country representative after announcing New Zealand and Cronulla centre Nigel Vagana had signed with the club for the next two seasons.

Widders, 26, was given permission to talk to other clubs after being told by the Eels they could not squeeze him in under their salary cap for next season. He could be announced as the Rabbitohs' next big signing before the end of the week.

"We've got permission to talk with Dean now and we've had a meeting with him so we'd like to think there's an opportunity there," Souths' chief executive Shane Richardson said last night.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,19524029-2722,00.html

Hellsy

Immortal
The Colonel said:

U and your damn winky smiley

pazzaeel

Juniors
The club definitely know what they're doing, they have to spend the money to compete in this comp and as it stands they have alot to spend and it wouldn't suprise me not 1 iota if they've already invested the bulk of it. I just don't know with who.

u know alot more then u r letting on eela. can u gives us anything substantial to get us through the next ten days? please!!

Latest posts