What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widdop in Dragons' sights and SIGNED!

blacksafake

First Grade
Very excited, on one hand he is very solid & on the other he is quite flashy. Due respects to Sowie who I love but widdop will bring that extra attacking flair as well as being a good goal kicker.Cant wait let's pray that he stays healthy for the rest of the year.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Great signing.

It happened so quickly that the mail almost missed it. I like it when the Club keeps things like this under wraps. Memories of how St George used to do business.

Things come in threes - there's one more signing to come.

Minh

First Grade
All the failed rumours and then wham wham two good uns. It was like Crowny wanted to shut us up.:D

Dea

Juniors
A good way to start my weekend, especially with the Dragons not playing!

I feel like our sane is getting strieghtened out and strengthened up.

Still looking for 1 or 2 more key players to come for next year. Come on Doust, deliver some more.

Noa

First Grade
During Origin Widdop runs the team and is the leader with Hinchcliffe,certainly can play without the big 3.

He's actually struggled to have an impact during this time which is why I have my doubts about him being a #1 option at 6 away from the Storm.

He has played well though at FB when one or all havent been here

Fire

First Grade
Great signing!! Where did that come from!!
Wow!!
Chase/Widdup is a gun combo.
Dugan just waiting green light from NRL..
And this Aubusson rumour will not go away!

I do believe Sheens head coach And Price to be the assistant. Announced after the test match!

Get off the drugs you spanner. If we sign Sheens, Price won't be hanging around. We'll also be beating your team next Thursday.

Mad signing. Up the f**king Dragons!!! The best club in the world!!!

DragonsLogo_000.JPG

OziDragon

Juniors
Hey everyone, recently joined

Glad to see widdop sign with the mighty dragons.

Hopefully rangi follows and our halves are basically done for next year.

redwhitedragon

Juniors
So proud of our club going hard for the best players. Loving it and has been a long time coming. I just hope we retain Weyman and Rein and not lose them.

Big man

Juniors
He's actually struggled to have an impact during this time which is why I have my doubts about him being a #1 option at 6 away from the Storm.

He has played well though at FB when one or all havent been here

Yes I agree Noa, while Widdop is a good signing, he is not a game changer player, and certainly not a $500k marque player. The danger for the Dragons is the overs they are now paying for players, Joel Thompson at $400k is overs in my opinion, he has achieved very little in his time at Canberra and has been plagued with injuries. The Dragons have now set their bar very high and will have some of their current squad looking at their own pay packets, if Thompson commands $400k, what would Merrin and Creagh be expecting. But good luck, fortune favours the brave.

Fire

First Grade
Yes I agree Noa, while Widdop is a good signing, he is not a game changer player, and certainly not a $500k marque player. The danger for the Dragons is the overs they are now paying for players, Joel Thompson at $400k is overs in my opinion, he has achieved very little in his time at Canberra and has been plagued with injuries. The Dragons have now set their bar very high and will have some of their current squad looking at their own pay packets, if Thompson commands $400k, what would Merrin and Creagh be expecting. But good luck, fortune favours the brave.

Mate.

Really?

You really think we give a f**k about what some fat f**k from souffs has to say?

Really?

f**k off you idiot.

FlameThrower

Bench
So proud of our club going hard for the best players. Loving it and has been a long time coming. I just hope we retain Weyman and Rein and not lose them.
Yes, a few players off contract, Weyman, Rein, Creagh, Godwin, with Fein and Cooper maybe in retirement? So either a few need to go... So could be some tuff love, boys".....but really excited, about Widdop signing, with Rangi pending.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Yes, a few players off contract, Weyman, Rein, Creagh, Godwin, with Fein and Cooper maybe in retirement? So either a few need to go... So could be some tuff love, boys".....but really excited, about Widdop signing, with Rangi pending.

Salary cap goes up to 6.3 mil next year and word is that we have front ended a few deals this year. I don't think we have salary cap issues.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I am delighted with this signing
This bloke is a star IMO no ifs or buts
Fast, tough and resourceful
He'll create doubt in defensive lines and create lot of opportunities

Latest posts