What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiki and Price- an outrageous comment

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The arrival of Wiki and Price, two of our biggest signings ever, for the 2005 season, has certainly coincided with an improvement in the Warriors fortunes after the low of 2004.

However, I really think it's the arrival of Price that is the big deal.

imo, for the last 2 season + 2 games, Price has already established himself (against some pretty good opposition) as the Warriors' best prop ever. imo he has also been the BEST PROP IN THE WORLD 2005-2007.

Wiki was ok in 2005, at the end of which his career effectively "ended" on a high note with tri-nations glory. He has been mediocre bordering on below par ever since, and if he wanted to maintain his standards should have retired about 16 months ago.

:crazy:

Thoughts?

Brad Joyce

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
Wiki was ok in 2005, at the end of which his career effectively "ended" on a high note with tri-nations glory. He has been mediocre bordering on below par ever since, and if he wanted to maintain his standards should have retired about 16 months ago.

:crazy:

Thoughts?

Can't agree I'm afraid. I think Wiki's influence on the club is as great (if not greater) than Price's. I thought he (Wiki) was outstanding last year, but Price thoroughly deserved his Player of the Year award. Wiki has been solid without being outstanding in his opening two games this year, and I think it's way to early to be calling him a 'has been'.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Wiki really has to step up. I don't think he is in danger of being dropped for the likes of Tuimavave or Rapira. But Price is definitely playing at a level above Wiki both this year and last.

But in saying that, Wiki does a helluva lot of work and is not far from Price, work-wise. I think we just expect to see more damaging runs and big hits out of Wiki, and we're just not seeing them. Wiki is still an invaluable player, but Price is the greater player.

ozbash

Referee
wiki was dissapointing on field for the first 2/3rds of last season, then the fire came back. maybe a crook batch of the fijian silly soup ?

going great guns this season.

pricey , best prop in the world ? he,d have to go close.

MKEB...

Staff member
price best prop ever for the Warriors? I think on a par with Joe Vagana before he left.

ozbash

Referee
yea well thats the kangaroos, if the selectors live in the rugby league center of the universe, aka sydney, then pricey (QLD) might be pushing poo uphill with a pointed stick.

he's better than ryles, shrek, willie and i reckon hes better than civinoceva but i dont pick the team.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Brad Joyce said:
If he was the best prop in the world, he'd be a regular in the Kangaroos side.

He was obviously better than the players they selected last year

Wiki did nothing last year

MKEB...

Staff member
And Fieldon has ruled himself out of best Prop in the world after TN last year.

Brad Joyce

Juniors
It's very easy for Warriors supporters to suggest that he's 'the best prop in the world'. Why doesn't someone stick a pole up in the NRL forum, and we'll get a more balanced assesment. I'd suggest that the majority would dissagree. Personally, I'd have Asotasi ahead of him.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Price is certainly the most influential prop we've had, and right up there as the best.

I do wish he wouldn't back into hitups when he has no intention of offloading though.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Pricey is easily our best prop ever, Joe Vagana was never as consistent. I'd say that despite the teams overall mediocrity at the time the 2005 side had our best ever front row, Price, Wiki and Paleaesina all playing carreer best footy. The thing with Price though is he's kept that standard up since, whereas Wki has slipped a bit (still good though) and Feka's gone to England. The emergence of Tuimavave and Rapira since has been heartening though.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Brad Joyce said:
Why doesn't someone stick a pole up in the NRL forum, and we'll get a more balanced assesment.

LOL

Obviously a bit of a noob to the forum if you think that, Brad.

Of course you won't get a fair assessment. The Warriors don't get Channel 9 games and haven't made the 8 for the past 3 seasons so Price is hardly going to get a fair go.

The Australian selectors decided not to pick him through a combination of ignorance, and a decision to look to the future, I thought that much was obvious.

If you want "objective", Price made the most metres of any forward in the NRL in 2006.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Brad Joyce said:
It's very easy for Warriors supporters to suggest that he's 'the best prop in the world'. Why doesn't someone stick a pole up in the NRL forum, and we'll get a more balanced assesment. I'd suggest that the majority would dissagree. Personally, I'd have Asotasi ahead of him.

I consider Asotasi the best prop in the world as well, with Price a close second, followed by Bailey\Petro (can't split them). As for Price not making the Kangaroos, what a joke that was. Kite? Come on. Not to mention O'Meley is over rated and Mason is far more effective from the backrow.

Skinner

Coach
KeepingTheFaith said:
I consider Asotasi the best prop in the world as well, with Price a close second, followed by Bailey\Petro (can't split them). As for Price not making the Kangaroos, what a joke that was. Kite? Come on. Not to mention O'Meley is over rated and Mason is far more effective from the backrow.

Mason + effective is an oxymoron

Brad Joyce

Juniors
KeepingTheFaith said:

I'd rate Bailey no. 2 in the world. Kite actually played well in the Tri Nations last year. O'Meley is overated in my opinion.

Brad Joyce

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
LOL

Obviously a bit of a noob to the forum if you think that, Brad.

Of course you won't get a fair assessment. The Warriors don't get Channel 9 games and haven't made the 8 for the past 3 seasons so Price is hardly going to get a fair go.

The Australian selectors decided not to pick him through a combination of ignorance, and a decision to look to the future, I thought that much was obvious.

If you want "objective", Price made the most metres of any forward in the NRL in 2006.

League fans in Australia have Foxtel, so they get to see every game. If you're going to use the 'free to air tv' as and excuse for Australians not rating Price as the No. 1 prop in the world, then I could say that Kiwis don't get a fair assesmant of the likes of Asotasi and Bailey, because they're not on free to air tv here. Also the State of Origin was on channel 9, so they get to see Price play then.