What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Fittler be suspended for spear tackle?

ucantseeme

Juniors
that tackle yesterday wasn't that nasty but it was still pretty ordinary. i think if Gordie copped a ban for that headslam, then Freddy Fittler should be worried. but i think the judiciary is a soft touch when it comes to elite players.

Verdict: downgraded 97 points, no suspension.

EWS

Juniors
If it was some average player, he'd get 2 or 3 weeks perhaps. But its fittler, so he'll be playing next week.

The Colonel

Immortal
He'll get 2 weeks, cop the early plea and play against the Eels. The week off may do him some good leading up to the finals.....

Johns Magic

Referee
Colonel Eel said:
He'll get 2 weeks, cop the early plea and play against the Eels. The week off may do him some good leading up to the finals.....

Lol, wishful thinking.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
If a Storm player did the same thing, he'd get 4-6 weeks without a doubt. And only because the judicary members hate News Ltd. Which is both sad and dangerous at the same time.

ozzie

Bench
I think he will get a suspension - careless tackle and he knew it..

his good record and no points will assist him - but I reckon at least two weeks depending on the charge

swineape

Juniors
Careless tackle at the very worst, there was no intent and was a flinging motion, not a driving one. One week.

rossy

Juniors
You can't get 97 points.

Grade one careless 125 pts, discount 32 early plea.

Freddie on the plane to NZ this week.

taxidriver

Coach
surprise surprise :roll:

any other club would be looking at a player on the sidelines for a week or two

PB

Bench
Officially grade one dangerous throw, 93 points for early plea.

The "one rule for the 13 NRL clubs another for the Dogs and Roosters" stikes again!!!!

That is a deadset farce. All those who have been suspended for dangerous throws this year should be spewing, even though it wasn't the worst I've seen. But to get off free... jeez... :roll:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Am I the only one who thinks Meli deserved a few weeks for what looked like an intentional headbutt on Petesron?

That's what I call a disgrace.

Fibroman

First Grade
Ben Ross got 9 weeks for his dangerous throw, but I'm forgetting about the discrimination against any player that doesn't play for the roosters. Freddy will escape suspension. No doubt.

Caged Panther

First Grade
fibro man said:
Ben Ross got 9 weeks for his dangerous throw, but I'm forgetting about the discrimination against any player that doesn't play for the roosters. Freddy will escape suspension. No doubt.

Remember part of that nine weeks came from a striking charge and not just the dangerous throw.

QldRabbit

Juniors
Roosters will claim Freddy was just showing him the finer points of lawn maintance, apparently it's lacking a little blood and bone.

ucantseeme

Juniors
if he pleads not guilty, can you imagine how many QC's and experts the roosters will organise to come to the judiciary hearing to help fight the charge. Maybe a post traumatic amnesia expert and world renowned spear tackle medical analyst. Not to mention Bill Harrigan.

Seriously, the Roosters could pay the Raiders player who was tackled to come and speak on Freddy's behalf,

To the judiciary: "There was nothing in it".
To the Roosters: "Where's my $5000".

renouf

Juniors
He's been charged with a Grade 1 Dangerous Throw. He will escape suspension. Nothing's changed with the NRL.

Latest posts