What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Hayne back up

hindy111

Post Whore
Two days after Origin we play Penrith
We are $2.40 outsiders.

WIll Hayne back up? Id suggest he starts on the bench.And comes on after 25 mins with Norman going to fullback and Seph at 5/8

murraymob

Coach
We are $2.40 outsiders.

WIll Hayne back up? Id suggest he starts on the bench.And comes on after 25 mins with Norman going to fullback and Seph at 5/8

its a long season all clubs have to manage there origin players .Resting him will be better in the long course of the season

Noise

Coach
We are $2.40 outsiders.

I think he will pending injury. If he doesn't, put Hoppa at the back Edwards right edge backrower (he might be back) and Mau right centre. I know Morgan is the obvious choice if hoppa plays fullback but I'm a big fan of Kenny Edwards

Eelogical

Referee
I agree with Murraymob. Two days after origin is a big ask, especially if the SOO match is a particularly intense game. No point in risking burnout. It will also give us a chance to gauge the teams performance when Hayne is not on deck and the possible positional changes that would eventuate.

Noise

Coach
I agree with Murraymob. Two days after origin is a big ask, especially if the SOO match is a particularly intense game. No point in risking burnout. It will also give us a chance to gauge the teams performance when Hayne is not on deck and the possible positional changes that would eventuate.

I think MurrayMob is a Penrith supporter and is hoping we rest about 9 players

hindy111

Post Whore
Why not have him on the bench thou? If we are doing well without him keep him there.If its close and we need something extra get him on. In a game that is 50/50 id say without hayne I lean to Penrith.

natheel

Coach
It'll be up to him. He won't get back from Brisbane till say Thursday arvo. It'll depends how he pulls up and if he's confident of getting through the Penrith game. I'm sure he will try his best

If not

Sio to fullback hunt on the wing

Noise

Coach
It'll be up to him. He won't get back from Brisbane till say Thursday arvo. It'll depends how he pulls up and if he's confident of getting through the Penrith game. I'm sure he will try his best

If not

Sio to fullback hunt on the wing

IMO Hunt is far too small to be on the wing. When I saw him on Saturday he was even smaller than i thought. Wingers need size as their most important job is taking the 1st or 2nd hitup form a kick.

I reckon we'll wait til the last possible minute to confirm whether Hayne plays or not. If he gets through Origin without a 'cork' type injury I reckon he'll play for us from the start....but we'll have cover on the bench.

Noise

Coach
Why not have him on the bench thou? If we are doing well without him keep him there.If its close and we need something extra get him on. In a game that is 50/50 id say without hayne I lean to Penrith.

Could Hayne be our next Billy Rogers?

Far Canal

Juniors
The draw has been unkind to us:

1. Easter Monday - tough match against the Tigers followed by a Sat night match against the Cowgirls

2. Monday night match against the Sharks followed by a Sat afternoon match against the Dragons

Now a Friday night match two days after SOO - they couldn't move it to f**king Sun afternoon?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think someone already said it in this thread (or a different thread) but the players would prefer to back up on the Friday than on Saturday or Sunday.

Not sure about Monday but.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yes there is-Obviously if he pulls up ok what would you do? If he doesn't pull up he doesn't play right?
Remember last time he backed up? He did his Hammy and season was over.Thats why id have him on bench und use only if we need him

the_apostle21

Juniors
I think considering our great start to the season and confidence at a 5 year high, we can afford to test the teams effort/ability without Hayne, at worst playing him off the bench.

I think Hunt should be fullback. He has been doing well for Wenty, and that leaves the rest of the team unchanged - the last thing we need is shuffling the backline...

Latest posts