What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Jarryd Hayne become one of the greatest Australian sportsmen of all time?

moffla

Bench
Tim Cahill.
41 goals for Australia,
5 Goals across 3 world cups,
56 English Premier League goals in 226 appearances.

Okay maybe I'm a little biased, but I love the bloke

betcats

Referee
Tim Cahill.
41 goals for Australia,
5 Goals across 3 world cups,
56 English Premier League goals in 226 appearances.

Okay maybe I'm a little biased, but I love the bloke

I love Timmy and think he is awesome but he takes a knock for being related to ben Roberts.

I love Timmy and think he is awesome but he takes a knock for being related to ben Roberts.

Ben Roberts has played very well for Castleford this year in the Super League. He has recovered the form that made him a crowd favourite at the Melbourne Storm.

Of course, I am not suggesting that Ben Roberts is at the same level of historical greatness as Jarryd Hayne.

perverse

Referee
you called?

and just wait til Hayne gets a game even, f**kin! pre-season was pre-season. Niners have 5 players listed as RB on their 53 man roster, and not all 5 will suit up in the 46 on game day. Despite impressing in pre-season tiddlywinks, Hayne is the one most likely to miss. he won't get a snap at RB in a 'live' game until his blocking and running style (i.e., low) have improved further. They likely won't take Hayne into the game as a PR/KR unless they're confident he can be used on a 1st, 2nd or 3rd down too. Could be a bit early for that me thinks. Remember, for all his athletic ability, rugby league background and great open-field play, he's still a rookie at this game.

Hayne was listed as 3rd string RB on this weeks depth chart ahead of Davis. Tomsula has been keeping pretty coy and guarded about Hayne, but there would be a lot of temptation to play him this week, both commercially and to see what he can do early in the season. He's a unique case, they can't sit on him and wait... he's too old, they'll need to get value out of him a lot quicker than a typical rookie.

drago brelli

Bench
Every second day now the Fairfax on line media has a Hayne story on the front page. What's up with them? Hayne made the cut he is no longer here, a very good player and seems a decent bloke but can the media move on, please.

Tinkler

Juniors
Every second day now the Fairfax on line media has a Hayne story on the front page. What's up with them? Hayne made the cut he is no longer here, a very good player and seems a decent bloke but can the media move on, please.

No there is so much interest in the story.

drago brelli

Bench
Fluff pieces, 99% of Australians don't understand NFL let alone follow the sport. The media might pretend they care but I think most of us don't.

The Daily Telegraph, which is owned by Rupert Murdoch (whose US Fox TV Network has rights to some NFL games) has introduced NFL 101 in its pages today.

Check it out. Some of the people on here might find it useful, especially if Jarryd Hayne gets to play NFL soon.

Tinkler

Juniors
he is playing the team is flying over his mum and farther(great monoa thomson) for the game

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-sons-nfl-debut/story-fngr8h0p-1227522979073

JARRYD Hayne’s mum has flown back to the United States today ahead of her son’s NFL debut with the San Francisco 49ers next week.

Jodie, 46, had only been back at her Umina Beach home for just over 24 hours before she returned to the US at lunchtime today to watch Hayne play in the 49ers’ season-opener against the Minnesota Vikings on Tuesday (AEST).

That means the devoted mum has travelled almost 50,000km in the past week.

Brad Fittler will fly to San Francisco in November, to watch Jarryd Hayne play for the 49ers at Levi's stadium against the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday November 8.

This game will likely see a match up of the Australian rookie against the Falcons' brilliant established star running back Devin Hester.

Fittler probably penciled this game into his schedule, after having seen the Devin Hester video that I posted on another LU thread.

Last edited: