What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Kennedy

Craigshark

First Grade
Is he injured or just not that good? Last year was fantastic in a very average side all-be-it. His defence is shocking. He rarely creates anything out of nothing. His support play is non existent. A number of times we’ll make a clean break and he’s nowhere in sight. Not sure if this is coached as he always seems to be setting up for the next play.

He is extremely safe under the high ball and excellent in that link play. Although on a number of times this year it has felt like he has taken the wrong option whether to run or pass. Is that where it ends though? We need more from him. If he is injured, which it looked like he was the other night, he needs a proper rest to get better and then show what he has when he is fit. That was below average against the roosters.

Genuine discussion, I’m not just here to bag him. I’d like to see him do well, but had hoped he would have improved more in those other areas of his game by now.

R-15-3

Bench
I like defensive fullbacks over anything else and I have him in the bottom few for defence.
Im happy with what he offers in attack if it’s complemented by great defence but it’s not.

gUt

Coach
Individually he is not playing as well but your team looks better with him there than not.

chewsta

First Grade
Players player last year. He is definitely playing busted. Pretty sure Suali nailed him in his good shoulder the other night coming out of the in goal too. After that he couldnt pass the ball at all.
It's hard enough just walking and breathing with a shoulder that is damaged or doesn't feel like it's in its socket properly.

bluefox68

Staff member
Players player last year. He is definitely playing busted. Pretty sure Suali nailed him in his good shoulder the other night coming out of the in goal too. After that he couldnt pass the ball at all.
It's hard enough just walking and breathing with a shoulder that is damaged or doesn't feel like it's in its socket properly.
In that case, SURELY we give him however long he needs to get it right!
Miller showed that he can play, and Dykes was 18th man last week...

chewsta

First Grade
In that case, SURELY we give him however long he needs to get it right!
Miller showed that he can play, and Dykes was 18th man last week...

Totally agree with you mate. No point damaging him further when we have good depth in the fb role.
I like WK but man Miller looks electric and is always hovering around the ball. He is the type of player that would produce something out of nothing. It would be interesting to see what he could produce with 4 or 5 weeks straight to gel with the team.

Totally agree with you mate. No point damaging him further when we have good depth in the fb role.
I like WK but man Miller looks electric and is always hovering around the ball. He is the type of player that would produce something out of nothing. It would be interesting to see what he could produce with 4 or 5 weeks straight to gel with the team.
Absolutely, Probably in Kennedys best interests to to not play him when busted .If Millers proves to be best thing since slice cheese ,or more suited to team then so be it . Kennedys value to team or in market is enhanced by his good performances , not busted ones..if Millers not better he will show it in a few games .

Craigshark

First Grade
Is Kennedy adamant on playing through injury because he is worried about the potential of Miller taking his spot?

carinashark

First Grade
The line speed of the Roosters stuffed up most of our attack at their end of the Feild. Line ball off side defence , but they are coached that way .We closed in fast , both sides compressed, Nicho and Moylan seemed confused. BB Needs to kick if he can, roll the ball into the ingoal and reset. But we played a better side . I’m not sure that Miller would offer mor defensively but he is a goer in attack.

Weaponhead

Coach
Kennedy's strengths in attack suit the Sharks system well. He runs good lines out the back, has good passing range and selection, enough speed and evasion and is safe under the high ball.

Melbourne and Easts have exploited his weaknesses by bashing him. He is not physically robust by NRL standards which impacts his defensive impact.

He will have to respond to the top teams going after him physically if wants to be effective in big games.

You mean like Miller…?
.I think at this stage ,fully fit ,Kennedy is better for the team and for himself. Trouble is he is not fully fit. Miller shows a shiteload of promise but has he Really transitioned back in all aspects of NRL fullback play and sharks teams play? I dont know and look forward to see how it plays out. Having these two pushing each other might raise them both to great levels . That might be disruptive to team continuity right now , but surely it cant be bad for future of sharks.

bluefox68

Staff member
So Miller is the shiny new toy and some of you think Kennedy should go and Miller be his replacement, on one game?? I agree he looks like he's playing injured, but why would you want to get rid of him?
Don't want to get rid of him, but I really hope he can put on at least 5 kg of muscle in the off-season!

I'm wondering if Miller could be a (left) centre option down the track...? He reminds me a bit of A.J. Brimson in body shape and running style...

shadowboxer

First Grade
Miller had a standout game against a woeful Titans side, who got a sniff late in the game and we just held out.
Says plenty.
Like the calls for the big enforcer Matt Lodge to join the sharks, desperate call for a desperate player..
we ain’t that desperate…yet