What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will NZ clean up in the medal tally,,, again ?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Dantm said:
By the way,how pathetic do NZ compete at a Winter Olympics considering the ideal climate and landscape...

PATHETIC!

You obviously haven't spent much time in NZ. Apart from skifields in the mountains and a couple of towns in the South Island interior nowhere gets enough snow or ice for the kind of sports that they do in the Winter Olympics, even somewhere like Dunedin only gets a proper snowfall once every few years. Snow sports in NZ aren't much different to in Australia, something that the vast majority of ordinary people can only afford to do maybe one or two weekends per year if at all.

Turbo

Juniors
new zealand are not a world power, they can win the tri nations, yes three nations are in the running!

lotti

Bench
what do you mean again, the aussies were on top of the table in Manchester with 207 medals and NZ 5th with only 47.

Iafeta

Referee
Ozbash bro, trying to make sense with these Aussies is like finding a needle in the haystack.

Just got to remember, even Demir and Jelena Dokic ditched them :)

ozbash

Referee
Iafeta said:
Ozbash bro, trying to make sense with these Aussies is like finding a needle in the haystack.

Just got to remember, even Demir and Jelena Dokic ditched them :)

too true, too true.

going to be a highlight of the year for me when the per capita (the only real tally) medal count is totaled up.

GO YOU KIWI LEGENDS !:D

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I think the size of each team should be the means by which you decide who is the more successful country at the games. Population has nothing to do with it. i.e. India.

gunnamatta bay said:
I think the size of each team should be the means by which you decide who is the more successful country at the games. Population has nothing to do with it. i.e. India.

yeah ur right cause the higher the population just means u have more losers.

medals for aussies that wern't born their
bronze lara carroll (english) 200 individual medley
silver michael klim (poland) 4*100m medley

racing today (17th march)
matthew targett (english)

womens basketball
jay cross (nz)

womens hockey
rachael immison (nz)

bowls
not even going to look at them way too many of them.

rugby 7's
cameron sheppard (england)
lote tuquiri (fiji)

table tennis (women)
stephanie sang (china)
may cho (malaysia)

those are the ones that have competed so far

Iafeta

Referee
Onya douglas.

See New Zealand has their first gold - go Mossy! Whoever you are...

Knew Rachel Imison's sister, she played for the Hockeyroos too.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
douglasallen91 said:
where did that post go, oh i see you can;t mention any thing about a certain team drug cheating.

you cant make unsubstantiated allegations, as you well know

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
douglasallen91 said:
medals for aussies that wern't born their
bronze lara carroll (english) 200 individual medley
silver michael klim (poland) 4*100m medley

racing today (17th march)
matthew targett (english)

womens basketball
jay cross (nz)

womens hockey
rachael immison (nz)

bowls
not even going to look at them way too many of them.

rugby 7's
cameron sheppard (england)
lote tuquiri (fiji)

table tennis (women)
stephanie sang (china)
may cho (malaysia)

those are the ones that have competed so far

so this is 30% of our team, is it Dougie

get a clue

gunnamatta bay

Referee
If the warriors finish in say tenth place should they be announced the moral winners too. They represent NZ don't they? Like the breakers and your soccer team whoever they are.

gunnamatta bay said:
If the warriors finish in say tenth place should they be announced the moral winners too. They represent NZ don't they? Like the breakers and your soccer team whoever they are.

no they don;t they are club teams idiot.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
douglasallen91 said:
no they don;t they are club teams idiot.

Why are they called the New Zealand Warriors? Are you saying they are not seen as a national identity? I see you are one of those who stoop to insults when cornered. Typical.