What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Penisni development???

IFR33K

Coach
Something BA hasn't figured out.

It's a shame Bevan French didn't kick on.

His speed was something else when he was in full flight.

there’s so much he hasn’t figured out.

We have Gutho on huge money and probably will only get slower.

we have sivo who’s a pillow.

russel has potential but is still questionable

Bailey and penisi who are up and down.

These are our biggest issues and they aren’t fixable over night.

why haven’t we been able to produce a genuine speedster?

Parra Pride

Referee
I think it is easy to point to the outside backs and say they have defensive issues.

But how long can we keep saying the same thing about every single player? Every single winger the past 10 years is 'weak' defensively, and all the centres get 'shown up' at times.

Perhaps they are just doing what they got taught to do? Or perhaps what they have been taught to do doesn't work on the field?

Re: Will - I think he has played well this year, he has all the tools to be a very good centre. I think he is pretty decent defensively, but the rush up and in leaves the outside backs on an island far too often. Needs a new system defensively to work in
On defence in particular, there are quite few tries the Penis probably could have stopped if he didn’t keep going into the shirt grabber bag. That’s his biggest issue there, he is clearly pretty strong but none of that strength means shit if you aren’t tackling properly. The only acceptable form of shirt grabbing is that Matt Cooper shit.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he seems to have good acceleration and a good step, plenty of leg drive but I can't say I've seen much of him in open play so hard to say just how quick he is

lucablight

First Grade
If Penisini was at the Panthers he’d be another one of those awesome juniors Penrith churned out of their system like Tago and May. We just have higher expectations of him here because we’re already so light on in the backs.

Latest posts