What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will we get the trifecta?

We are going to smash you guys; dont fret there will be no dubious calls.

:cool:

Come at us Roosters scum.

We don't need the referees to smash your mob.

Your team is utter shite.

We are going to smash the shite out of your team. :p

lmao

Season on the line and we walked all over you. f**k off, turd

Tommy Smith

Referee
LOL I thought of this thread immediately after watching the end of today Fox Classic Match between us and Manly in 2005.

Basically it was the game where we were down 22-18 with 2 min to go, Finch puts up a bomb and we go on to score a perfectly legitimate try that was pulled up for a phantom forward pass by the great Tim Mander.

The commentators are still looking for it to this day i think...

So given the luck we've had with forward pass calls the past few weeks and that we are playing Manly this week i sure hope this wasn't some kind of omen to stumble across this nightmare.

But then again a week before FoxSports showed the 2003 Roosters-Dogs game where they were awarded a try despite Andrew Ryan being blatantly offside AND Braith Anasta blatantly taking out one of our defenders to steal victory; and we didn't suffer the same fate last week.

Moral of the story i guess is that i could compile a 300-page encylopaedia of reffing errors against our boys which have greatly influenced games this past decade.

Last edited:

Freddy's Girl

Juniors
LOL I thought of this thread immediately after watching the end of today Fox Classic Match between us and Manly in 2005.

Basically it was the game where we were down 22-18 with 2 min to go, Finch puts up a bomb and we go on to score a perfectly legitimate try that was pulled up for a phantom forward pass by the great Tim Mander.

The commentators are still looking for it to this day i think...

So given the luck we've had with forward pass calls the past few weeks and that we are playing Manly this week i sure hope this wasn't some kind of omen to stumble across this nightmare.

But then again a week before FoxSports showed the 2003 Roosters-Dogs game where they were awarded a try despite Andrew Ryan being blatantly offside AND Braith Anasta blatantly taking out one of our defenders to steal victory; and we didn't suffer the same fate last week.

Moral of the story i guess is that i could compile a 300-page encylopaedia of reffing errors against our boys which have greatly influenced games this past decade.

Sadly nothing beats the rort our boys had to face in 2010 GF :(

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah i only caught the final 10 minutes. I recall that game for a number of shocking refereeing decisions, but i was only "fortunate" enough to see the one at the end.

Im pretty sure the refs apply a different law of phsyics to the forward pass rule when reffing our games. Not only do we always get pulled up for forward passes that aren't (GF 2010 anyone? should have been 14-6 halftime...correction a 14 nil halftime lead we were robbed of when you factor in that im still recovering from the facial scars left by Brett Morris boot for their first 'try').

Whereas the opposition seem to score a mountain of touchdowns against us. As in trys off passes so forward that it would be incorrect to call them trys...

And dont get me started on the penalty counts. Or that we're the only team that gets penalised for shepharding when defending bombs. Or that Ryles, FPN, JWH and Myles are given a second less time by the refs to lie on tackled players. Watch someone like Hindy pitch a tent on a tackled player and get away with it then watch our boys tackle someone and be pinged despite rreleasing in a shorter time span.

Last edited:
Imagine if they had that when Finchy was here, distance traveled in to row G would be amusing.

@Adam, 1 point iirc and we came home strong in 05 too :x

Latest posts